Elon musk thinks he's selling Ferraris.

Tesla will sue you for $50,000 if you try to resell your Cybertruck in the first year

WTF is with people thinking they can dictate what you can do with a product after you have already purchased it?
The expectation is that their limited supply will just entice wealthy collectors to buy them out, then immediately hike up the price and put it up for sale online.

Ford took even harsher measures for the Ford GT to prevent this activity. They banned people for life for reselling the GT. Ferrari will ban you for life if you merely change the color, let alone if you put body mod kits on it.

The expectation is that their limited supply will just entice wealthy collectors to buy them out, then immediately hike up the price and put it up for sale online.

Ford took even harsher measures for the Ford GT to prevent this activity. They banned people for life for reselling the GT. Ferrari will ban you for life if you merely change the color, let alone if you put body mod kits on it.
This is the right answer.

although this wouldn’t be a problem if they could actually build the thing in quantity.

Tesla will sue you for $50,000 if you try to resell your Cybertruck in the first year

WTF is with people thinking they can dictate what you can do with a product after you have already purchased it?
I think the Cybertruck is garbage but if your an idiot and don't read the EULA that's on you. As of right now the government can't force you to buy a Tesla product so your post is pretty much just bitching about Elon Musk by proxy.

I'm pretty sure you loons thought his shit smelled like roses until he bought Twitter.

Those examples are completely different in the mind of a lefty loon because Elon....

That's ridiculous. I cant believe anyone is willing to give a dealer 40k, just because.

It definitely is crazy, but apparently there are people lined up to take a screwing.

Kia Asks Dealers Not To Mark Up EV9

"The EV9 customer is an important new owner to the Kia brand, and price transparency will be paramount as part of their purchase experience. We ask dealers to retail the EV9 without mark-up over the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price," the letter read.

Will this strategy work? It is difficult to tell for the time being but CarsDirect recalls the EV6 had massive markups from some dealers when it was launched in America more than a year ago. At the time, markups of $20,000 over MSRP were reported but those hikes appeared unavoidable considering the minimal margins between the MSRP and invoice prices. We don’t know whether Kia keeps the same margin levels for the new EV9 but if that’s indeed the case, keeping the electric SUV at MSRP might prove to be almost impossible for the dealers.

I think the Cybertruck is garbage but if your an idiot and don't read the EULA that's on you. As of right now the government can't force you to buy a Tesla product so your post is pretty much just bitching about Elon Musk by proxy.

I'm pretty sure you loons thought his shit smelled like roses until he bought Twitter.
I am not a fan of electric cars. The technology is not mature, the infrastructure is insufficient, and the price is too high.

Also, I've always said Elmo was a moron.

I am not a fan of electric cars. The technology is not mature, the infrastructure is insufficient, and the price is too high.

Also, I've always said Elmo was a moron.
Yeah the guy who runs TESLA, TWITTER, SPACE X, NEUROLINK, The Boring Company and the richest man on the planet is a moron. Which makes you????

I got a job offer from TESLA not long ago......I turned it down for many reasons, but not least of which was Elon being the owner....

As well as from an engineering standpoint; the dimensional specs for that Cybertruck are so unnecessarily tight; the manufacturing costs would be insane....could be one of the reasons Elon is doing this whole "resell penalty" thing
Those 'Trucks' have vaporware specs.

I got a job offer from TESLA not long ago......I turned it down for many reasons, but not least of which was Elon being the owner....

As well as from an engineering standpoint; the dimensional specs for that Cybertruck are so unnecessarily tight; the manufacturing costs would be insane....could be one of the reasons Elon is doing this whole "resell penalty" thing
iu

I would imagine so.....

Just based on thermal cycling, some dimensions would be out of spec just from sitting out in the sun
Also, 3500 lbs. payload. :auiqs.jpg: on basically a heavy unibody stainless chassis (due to battery storage). That suspension must be magic. The testing is delayed due to, well, production. Can't test what you don't have. Sure. Yup. Let's go with that. I'm sure it will be fine. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back