Elon Musk floats an interesting idea about your car

What probable cause would a driverless rig be subject to ... this might surprise you, but there has to be a traffic infraction for there to be a traffic ticket ... if there's no human, then there's no intent to commit a crime ... no ticket can be issued ...

We won't need traffic patrols ... computers would be self-reporting ... and self-paying out of your checking account ... we have that technology today ... installed since 2014 ...
This is one of my True stories.
Due to my then fading eyesight, going to enter the Holland Tunnel into NY City, I could not make out correctly what toll booth to use. I ended up in the one for those with electronic systems billing them. I was shocked to see a cop in front so I pulled over to talk to him. He explained I could not simply pay him. I followed his directions and turned a you turn and managed to pay as I came back to the same toll booths. But he said a citation was issued to the first infraction. But guess what? They had no idea who I am. I was using a Rental car. And that firm never notified me. By the way, back in CA I had surgery done on both eyes and have extremely good eyesight as a result.

I can explain the systems used by commercial jets if you are at all interested.
Thanks, but not really. I really like my semi-self driving truck but I'll just wait and see what happens next. Adaptive cruise control and super cruise will probably be standard features on cars in the next 5 to 10 years. Then we'll see what happens.

Thanks, but not really. I really like my semi-self driving truck but I'll just wait and see what happens next. Adaptive cruise control and super cruise will probably be standard features on cars in the next 5 to 10 years. Then we'll see what happens.
Musks team created a best of all system that works today. That is why I posted the video. As I mentioned the Google self drive system does have particular flaws.

This video presents an interview with Elon Musk about cars, his business model and future uses of your car.
Well to get to it, you would own a car that is automatic. And when you were working, your car drives away and picks up passengers like a Taxi does. And the owner engages in revenue sharing.

Would you allow your car to be automatic and engage in revenue sharing?

I can see the appeal of this idea, but there is also much wrong that I can see.

My car is like an extension of my home. I would not want to invite random, unvetted strangers into my home, when I'm not present, and no more would I want them in my car.

I can see the appeal of this idea, but there is also much wrong that I can see.

My car is like an extension of my home. I would not want to invite random, unvetted strangers into my home, when I'm not present, and no more would I want them in my car.
My son in law owns 4 cars. Two are for BNB type car rentals. And it is very profitable.

This video presents an interview with Elon Musk about cars, his business model and future uses of your car.
Well to get to it, you would own a car that is automatic. And when you were working, your car drives away and picks up passengers like a Taxi does. And the owner engages in revenue sharing.

Would you allow your car to be automatic and engage in revenue sharing?

No way. I'm not letting any strangers in my car.

I've seen uber videos. Barfin, pissin, sharting, destructive wretches.

A freezing blizzard would render the sensors useless and sure as hell wouldn't trust one on black ice.
That takes years of experience and intuition to drive in those conditions.

No, never will I trust driverless technology.

I once turned my truck into a tilt-a-whirl on black ice.

My girlfriend and I thought it was thrilling once we realized we weren't dead.

Crazy youth

No way. I'm not letting any strangers in my car.

I've seen uber videos. Barfin, pissin, sharting, destructive wretches.
My son in law would do it. He rents out 2 of his cars to strangers on a short term basis. And says it is very profitable.

I once turned my truck into a tilt-a-whirl on black ice.

My girlfriend and I thought it was thrilling once we realized we weren't dead.

Crazy youth
My mom did that as well on a major highway and crushed the back of the car we were in. She could not see the black ice.

My mom did that as well on a major highway and crushed the back of the car we were in. She could not see the black ice.

Yeah- that stuff is wicked. We were all headed for Reno when my bil lost control due to that. Huge rock walls on one side and what looked like bottomless cliffs on the other. Thankfully, he was able to regain control before we were all turned into tunas in a can.

One hint.
If the road appears wet, but it's below zero, it definitely is ice. The road salt does nothing at those temperatures.
But if covered by a little snow, there is no way of knowing.

One hint.
If the road appears wet, but it's below zero, it definitely is ice. The road salt does nothing at those temperatures.
But if covered by a little snow, there is no way of knowing.
When Mom spun the car on Highway 80 in Utah, I was sleeping as I believe were my siblings. So I never found out the entire story. She ended up against a huge pipe that I believe was made of redwood. I doubt Utah salted where this happened.

My car should only drive because I am operating it. My car is also my car and no one else's.

This is just another step towards not owning anything like the world economic forum wants.

Forum List

Back