Elon Musk floats an interesting idea about your car

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
This video presents an interview with Elon Musk about cars, his business model and future uses of your car.
Well to get to it, you would own a car that is automatic. And when you were working, your car drives away and picks up passengers like a Taxi does. And the owner engages in revenue sharing.

Would you allow your car to be automatic and engage in revenue sharing?

This video presents an interview with Elon Musk about cars, his business model and future uses of your car.
Well to get to it, you would own a car that is automatic. And when you were working, your car drives away and picks up passengers like a Taxi does. And the owner engages in revenue sharing.

Nope. Not long ago one of those cars ran over someone then parked on top them

It's not a bad idea, there was a commercial a while back that was kinda like that.

Instead of letting the car sit idle, let it be doing something. As long as it or a suitable replacement is back in time and you get

your property back even though there was an issue that day.

Oh! I could so turn this into a business model.

Democrats will eventually take away all our cars.

They will do this buy either making them unaffordable or require everyone to use public transportation.

Not sure which way they will go with it.

Why? Because a car gives some degree of freedom, something that democrats abhor.

Huh.

That isn't a bad idea, really.

Insurance would be hell though.

What if I want to go out for lunch or get sick and want to go home early? What if someone else wrecks my car or throws up in it or uses it to commit a crime?

What if I want to go out for lunch or get sick and want to go home early? What if someone else wrecks my car or throws up in it or uses it to commit a crime?
I have now had the chance to hear everything on Elon Musk's mind about this car concept.

First, I do not believe he is saying you must earn an income from your car. It would be optional. And when enough own such cars, you call one of them it seems like to me. As to a crime using your car or a wreck, good problems to worry about. There has to be more clarity for this to work.

Democrats will eventually take away all our cars.

They will do this buy either making them unaffordable or require everyone to use public transportation.

Not sure which way they will go with it.

Why? Because a car gives some degree of freedom, something that democrats abhor.
That is why you and I must join forces and keep them out of Government.

I have now had the chance to hear everything on Elon Musk's mind about this car concept.

First, I do not believe he is saying you must earn an income from your car. It would be optional. And when enough own such cars, you call one of them it seems like to me. As to a crime using your car or a wreck, good problems to worry about. There has to be more clarity for this to work.
I do think there's something to it, though.

Sorry I was wrong. Someone else hit the woman. The car just parked on her Driverless Cruise car runs over woman hit by another driver

No I would not still do it for liability reasons and because as pricey as they are, the last thing I would want is to wear it out with other people using it.
Her person (not killed) was shoved to the point the AV rear wheel pinned her. But the AV reacted fast to brake. Clearly we are not yet in the era of the free from any and all accidents era.

Her person (not killed) was shoved to the point the AV rear wheel pinned her. But the AV reacted fast to brake. Clearly we are not yet in the era of the free from any and all accidents era.
It doesn't have to be a "self-driving" car.

Which I think is crazy because all kinds of things programmers can't/wont take into account can happen.

I do think there's something to it, though.
I watched the entire video and it covered many topics. Even talked about payments by the Feds if you buy one. Ans. Not currently.

Which I think is crazy because all kinds of things programmers can't/wont take into account can happen.
One thing this video causes us to learn is that the ultimate finest AI of all is by Tesla. The vehicle called cruise does not use the Tesla AI system as I get this. Musk downgraded the AI system used by Google.

Yeah, its something I would never ride in; ever. Period.

Its one of those things that, on a standard public roadway is a terrible idea and there is no way to make it even a “good” idea.
From your post to Biden's eyes.

A freezing blizzard would render the sensors useless and sure as hell wouldn't trust one on black ice.
That takes years of experience and intuition to drive in those conditions.

No, never will I trust driverless technology.

Forum List

Back