Eleven Prominent Republicans File Amicus Brief That ‘Flies in the Face’ of trump’s Trial Delay Demands

Please. Of course a reasonable prosecutor ought to believe that the person he or she has accused is guilty.

But they are still required to treat them as though they aren’t. It’s not even a question. They are obligated by their oaths to do so.
In what manner are you speaking about, with the prosecution and how they treat the alleged criminal?

How would the prosecution's treatment differ between a presumption of innocence vs a presumption of guilt?

Basically, I have no idea what you are talking about? The moment the grand jury or prosecution indicts...they indict with the presumption of them being guilty and then it goes to trial....and the prosecution takes the stance of proving their guilt in a court of law....beyond a reasonable doubt.

If they fail to do so, then they accept the jury's decision of not guilt...

In what manner are you speaking about, with the prosecution and how they treat the alleged criminal?

How would the prosecution's treatment differ between a presumption of innocence vs a presumption of guilt?

Basically, I have no idea what you are talking about? The moment the grand jury or prosecution indicts...they indict with the presumption of them being guilty and then it goes to trial....and the prosecution takes the stance of proving their guilt in a court of law....beyond a reasonable doubt.

If they fail to do so, then they accept the jury's decision of not guilt...
A prosecutor can believe he is prosecuting a guilty person. But he is still obligated to give the accused the discovery which might establish the basis for the defendant’s legal defense. Even if it hurts the prosecutor’s case.

Believing the accused is guilty doesn’t grant the prosecutor the right to make claims unsupported by evidence and logic — governed by fairness. No hitting below the belt.

Rules govern; not a personal belief or animus.

The screwballs in the OP are a bunch of Neo-Cons.

The TDS crowd will support anyone who even "sounds like" they're against Trump.

Even Neo-Cons.

That's how badly bent they are.

After that Lincoln Project and all those stupid "101 Former <insert title here> Sign Letter Condemning Trump" articles we were assaulted with over the last 7 years, I no longer give a grain of credence to anything negative I hear about Trump. I don't give a flying fuck if all those wolf-criers get eaten alive by the real wolf, when it really does show up.

A prosecutor can believe he is prosecuting a guilty person. But he is still obligated to give the accused the discovery which might establish the basis for the defendant’s legal defense. Even if it hurts the prosecutor’s case.

Believing the accused is guilty doesn’t grant the prosecutor the right to make claims unsupported by evidence and logic — governed by fairness. No hitting below the belt.

Rules govern; not a personal belief or animus.
We ARE on the same page, I agree with your post!

Forum List

Back