Electric Insurance: Doomsday Revelation

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a modernism urban fable inspired by Spawn.

Signing off,

lr3.jpg

====

Ascott the lightning-rod salesman (a great insurance-merchant in old London) discovered a time-machine and travelled to 2010 Los Angeles where he crossed paths with a new age psycho, a deviant/villain named the Electrocutioner. The Electrocutioner (real name: Thomas Hewitt) wielded a homemade iron rod with an electrocuting device attached to the tip. He used his rod like a spear and would kill cops with it or pierce moving cars on the road to create mayhem. Ascott realized that the Electrocutioner was some kind of 'Devil's Advocate' so he wanted to debate with him about the ethical use of electricity.

ASCOTT: Why do you call yourself the 'Electrocutioner,' Thomas?
HEWITT: I'm a messenger of havoc and punishment...
ASCOTT: Electricity is a natural element, not a weapon!
HEWITT: No, people are frightened by lightning, and hence, it's a 'sword.'
ASCOTT: You seek to terrorize the modern American city?
HEWITT: What about you? Aren't you some kind of 'lightning-rod salesman'?
ASCOTT: Correct. I sell lightning-rods as insurance for homeowners in Scotland/England.
HEWITT: Well, it rains a lot in England/Scotland, so there's plenty of dangerous lightning.
ASCOTT: Precisely...
HEWITT: Well, here in 2010 Los Angeles, justice is a joke, so I'm a 'terrorist.'
ASCOTT: So, we're opposites (you and I!); you're a terrorist, and I'm an insurance-salesman.
HEWITT: You're just a minion or slave to the urban consciousness...
ASCOTT: No. I'm merely a diplomat of modern comforts.
HEWITT: The 'modern city' is a cesspool.
ASCOTT: I understand (toxic-waste, gang-wars, drugs, corrupt cops, etc.).
HEWITT: So if you understand how can you tolerate selling insurance?
ASCOTT: The same way you tolerate becoming a real demon...
HEWITT: I suppose you're right; however, I cherish my electrocuting-spear.
ASCOTT: Your weapon will be your downfall.
HEWITT: I hope you find the wisdom of anarchy someday, but I'll consider your words.

After Ascott and the Electrocutioner (Thomas Hewitt) parted ways, Ascott returned to his own time period by using the time-machine he found. When Ascott returned to London, he continued selling his lightning-rods and being a content insurance-salesman. Ascott was also confident that the LAPD would apprehend and incarcerate and hopefully treat the criminally-insane Thomas Hewitt (aka, 'The Electrocutioner'). Ascott began pondering if modern urban developments prompted all kinds of 'civics ruminations' (e.g., piracy, vigilantism, tyranny, pollution, etc.). Nevertheless, Ascott was relieved to be a humble insurance-salesman in a city representative of 'capital hygiene.'

====

lr4.png

Forum List

Back