Florida crime at 47 year low, while gun ownership at all time high. Huh...

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Florida crime at a 47-year low, report says

Florida's crime rate is the lowest it’s been since statewide statistics were first compiled 47 years ago.

In 2017, there were 612,374 crimes, a drop of 4.5 percent. Collectively, over the last seven years, reported crime has dropped by more than a quarter

-----------------

Do one-third of Floridians own guns?

Huh, gun ownership is now over one third, all while the crime rate drops to a 47 year low?

What, is not fitting here?

Well if you are a criminal and intending to commit a crime like breaking into someone's house. The fact that the owner of that house might have a weapon and the State has Stand Your Ground laws might make you change you're mind about committing that crime.

I live in Florida and my weapon of choice is a shotgun. Anyone breaking into my house will meet that Remington up close and personal. Dead is dead folks.

Florida's crime rate is the lowest it’s been since statewide statistics were first compiled 47 years ago.

In 2017, there were 612,374 crimes, a drop of 4.5 percent. Collectively, over the last seven years, reported crime has dropped by more than a quarter

-----------------

Huh, gun ownership is now over one third, all while the crime rate drops to a 47 year low?

Be careful how you use and interpret statistics. Not sure what I mean by that? Florida ranks third, only behind Texas and California, in the number of firearm deaths per year. I own guns, and support the right of all Americans to do so.

Source: Download Data (csv)

Your data is for 2016

-----------------

Be careful how you use and interpret statistics. Not sure what I mean by that? Florida ranks third, only behind Texas and California, in the number of firearm deaths per year. I own guns, and support the right of all Americans to do so.

-----------------

Florida is also the 4th largest population state so it will have a lot of everything.

Most of the gun crimes takes place in that Miami shithole and the other big cities, just like every place else in the US.

Well if you are a criminal and intending to commit a crime like breaking into someone's house. The fact that the owner of that house might have a weapon and the State has Stand Your Ground laws might make you change you're mind about committing that crime.

I live in Florida and my weapon of choice is a shotgun. Anyone breaking into my house will meet that Remington up close and personal. Dead is dead folks.
Well done. Same here. I live in Orlando and I keep a 40 cal nearbyhe front door, and a S&W Governor on the nightstand. I’m also carrying at home often.

Anyone who breaks in is what I call DRT. (Dead right there)

-----------------

Singling out gun deaths is a very misleading stat. The important one, the only one that matters is “all crimes” which obviously includes murder, is down.

Not in small part due to gun ownership.

Your data is for 2016

-----------------

And your data is crime rate, not gun deaths. The two are not necessarily related, but you associated gun ownership with crime rate. I’m just pointing out that you are commingling statistical data to make a point that is either irrelevant or inconsistent, maybe both. High gun ownership rates and crime rate are not indicative of one another. That’s all.

-----------------

Florida is also the 4th largest population state so it will have a lot of everything.

Most of the gun crimes takes place in that Miami shithole and the other big cities, just like every place else in the US.

Great points- gun deaths, gun ownership, and crime rates are not sympatico. The OP is suggesting they are however.

-----------------

Singling out gun deaths is a very misleading stat. The important one, the only one that matters is “all crimes” which obviously includes murder, is down.

Whoa their cowboy! That’s a big leap. How did you determine that crime rate is down due to gun ownership rate?

-----------------

Whoa their cowboy! That’s a big leap. How did you determine that crime rate is down due to gun ownership rate?

Gun ownership up, crime down. Criminals go after unarmed and defenseless victims almost exclusively. It's simple logic.

-----------------

Gun ownership up, crime down. Criminals go after unarmed and defenseless victims almost exclusively. It's simple logic.
Every mass shooting, in gun free zones.

Lets discuss

-----------------

Liberals be like,

I-Dont-Always-Get-Distracted-Hey-Look-A-Squirrel-Funny-Meme-Picture.jpg

-----------------

In other words you have no real empirical evidence. Simple logic is for simple minds.

-----------------

In other words you have no real empirical evidence. Simple logic is for simple minds.

Funny you should say that. That is exactly the problem with you leftists. No actual thinking, just cut and paste what you are told. It’s what I have always said about you people.

New Topics

Forum List

Back