El Chapo to fund border wall?

Should El Chapos forfeited money and property be used by the US to secure our southern border?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sure... I mean all his money is with his Sinaloa cartel in Mexico, wasn't like when he was extradited he brought along a 14 billion dollar check of his career earnings with him that the US Gov't grabbed and deposited.

So whats the plan? Convince the current leaders of the Sinaloa cartel to hand all the money in their possession over and shut down?

Sure... I mean all his money is with his Sinaloa cartel in Mexico, wasn't like when he was extradited he brought along a 14 billion dollar check of his career earnings with him that the US Gov't grabbed and deposited.

So whats the plan? Convince the current leaders of the Sinaloa cartel to hand all the money in their possession over and shut down?

It actually still isn’t “mexico” paying for the wall. Trump and his supporters are just about sticking it to someone. Saying “mexico will pay for it” was nothing more than a way to get his more xenophobic supporters energized.

The cartel does not control the money the banks do. Perhaps you should look up international forfeiture laws.
Surely you don't think Iran just handed us all of their money willingly when we confiscated it do you,

It actually still isn’t “mexico” paying for the wall. Trump and his supporters are just about sticking it to someone. Saying “mexico will pay for it” was nothing more than a way to get his more xenophobic supporters energized.

That is obvious. You can read the campaign lie, still on his website how he would work to stop people sending money to Mexico and they would have to come up with a 1 time payment to fund his wall. And once in office, how many seconds did he spend on his idea to get Mexico to pay? Nope, Taxpayers here can foot that bill.

That 14 billion would build a great wall and it wouldn't cost we tax payers a dime.

Oh and Mexico would indeed pay for it.

Of course that money will go into the General fund I'd bet. Hope Trump can find a way to use it.

Sure. Half to border security and the other half for drug addiction treatment.

[/QUOTE]
The cartel does not control the money the banks do. Perhaps you should look up international forfeiture laws.
Surely you don't think Iran just handed us all of their money willingly when we confiscated it do you,[/QUOTE]

Ummm, not one dollar of cartel money has been discovered in any international banks.. As Mexico's attorney general said "“As of today, authorities have not found not even one dollar of El Chapo’s assets. His money hasn’t been found because he didn’t use the financial system."

He's been wanted internationally for years. Freezing assets in banks if they could would have been something done years ago. Which is why drug kingpins have literally tons of cash lying around.

So what you are saying is use the $0 that El chapo kept in banks will be used to fund the wall? Or the billions he kept in cash or already has spent will?

Last edited:
The US government should get whatever money they can from him, but I differ on where the money should be spent.

That 14 billion would build a great wall and it wouldn't cost we tax payers a dime.

Of course that money will go into the General fund I'd bet. Hope Trump can find a way to use it.
while i posted a thread also saying it would be ironic if it fell this way, it's still a single person not the mexican gov we'd be taking the $ from.. so at best a mexican would be paying for it via money he got from illegals drug sales to the US.

while i posted a thread also saying it would be ironic if it fell this way, it's still a single person not the mexican gov we'd be taking the $ from.. so at best a mexican would be paying for it via money he got from illegals drug sales to the US.

Either way its a great way to pay for the wall.

Trump should pass that plan to Pelousy. It wouldn't cost we tax payers a dime and be a great use for the 14 billion.

Gives her a way out as well.

Trump should pass that plan to Pelousy. It wouldn't cost we tax payers a dime and be a great use for the 14 billion.

pelosi wouldn't do anything that could be seen as helping trump.

that's the nature of the government we've built over the last 10-12 years.

She wouldn't be helping Trump. She would be helping herself. She's pretty much backed herself into a corner on the wall. Hell its the same wall she voted for a few years ago.

Using that 14 billion would be a good thing. It wouldn't cost we the tax payer one dime and be a great use of that money.

She'd be helping herself in the court of public opinion.

She wouldn't be helping Trump. She would be helping herself. She's pretty much backed herself into a corner on the wall. Hell its the same wall she voted for a few years ago.

Using that 14 billion would be a good thing. It wouldn't cost we the tax payer one dime and be a great use of that money.

She'd be helping herself in the court of public opinion.
the only public opinion she seems to care about are her followers that giggled as she ruffled huge papers behind trumps speech and did the condescending golf clap of the decade to him.

i'd love to see people work together but every opportunity they've had to do that ended like a magic show that sets pigeons free under a ceiling fan.

Sounds like a great idea! Maybe Mexico won't pay for it but their drug kingpin just might. Democrats will surly balk at this idea though.

"According to Breitbart, the United States has seized $14 billion from the former drug lord, which gave Sen. Ted Cruz a brilliant idea.

The Texas Republican introduced the Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order (EL CHAPO) Act in April 2017, which calls for the use of the $14 billion seized from the cartel drug lord to be used to pay for the wall.

“Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border,” Cruz said in a statement."

“This is a way to fulfill the president’s desire to have Mexico pay for the wall,” Sensenbrenner, a member of the Judiciary Committee, told the Washington Examiner. “Having the money seized from Mexican drug cartels would mean that the bad Mexicans would end up paying for the wall, and the bad Mexicans have been terrorizing the good Mexicans with crime and kidnappings and murders within Mexico itself.”…

“The [Drug Enforcement Agency] has estimated that the gross receipts of the Mexican drug trade or somewhere between $19-$29 billion a year,” he said. “We don’t have to be 100 percent efficient to get the the money we need to completely pay for the wall relatively quickly.”

After El Chapo conviction, use seized $14 BILLION to build border wall? - The American Mirror

Hmm, but wouldn’t that fall under all that asset forfeiture stuff?
Common practice for cops to use seized drug property to fund drug enforcement so border patrol using this money for a border wall seems reasonable.

Yup. That 14 billion would pay for a great wall.

Oh and all you lefty loons? Cornholio especially.

Mexico would be paying for the damned wall. LMAO at you lefty idiots.

Great idea and I hope it happens. 14 billion would build a great wall and it would cost the American tax payers a dime.
Mexico would not be paying for the wall a Mexican will. Since he evidently has more cash that Trump who could pay for the wall also along with donations from all the other billionaires.

El Chapo is Mexican therefore his 14 billion is Mexican money.

His money would more than pay for that wall.
Democrats will fight this tooth and nail. Not only would it fund a wall they dont want but it would give Trump a huge political victory.

Hmm, but wouldn’t that fall under all that asset forfeiture stuff?
Common practice for cops to use seized drug property to fund drug enforcement so border patrol using this money for a border wall seems reasonable.

Yup. That 14 billion would pay for a great wall.

Oh and all you lefty loons? Cornholio especially.

Mexico would be paying for the damned wall. LMAO at you lefty idiots.

Great idea and I hope it happens. 14 billion would build a great wall and it would cost the American tax payers a dime.
Mexico would not be paying for the wall a Mexican will. Since he evidently has more cash that Trump who could pay for the wall also along with donations from all the other billionaires.

El Chapo is Mexican therefore his 14 billion is Mexican money.

His money would more than pay for that wall.
Democrats will fight this tooth and nail. Not only would it fund a wall they dont want but it would give Trump a huge political victory.

Yup and it would give Pelousy a victory as well. Hell She voted for the wall a few years ago and approving the money for the wall would save face for her.

Hope she's smart enough to realize it.

Forum List

Back