Einstein was bad in school and bad at school

The Case for the Rebel

Disruptive students may not be the easiest to have in class, but perhaps defiance should be encouraged.

The Case for the Rebel - The Atlantic - Pocket

Well someone gets it. One size does not fit all.
I'm sure Einstein was just BORED TO DEATH in school. His thinking was on a different level than his classmates AND his teachers.

• Banned
Einstein did quite well in school
The author disagrees- I suspect he's fairly well educated- so, are you and what credentials do you use? The author is a teacher. You? And no, I don't put a lot of stock in stock education- but, I've not seen anything from you to exhibit a lot except something comical- class clown stuff- which is one of the things the author used to illustrate his point- so, what are you going to use to illustrate your point?

Indeed ... a myth ...

Proper credit for the mathematical portion of Einstein's General Relativity goes to one Marcel Grossmann ... and Marcel Grossmann is a co-author on a couple of papers published in 1915 with Albert Einstein concerning this math ... of course theoretical physicists know a lot of math, but it took an actual mathematician to work out the details of "space/time tensor fields" or whatever sciency goobly-gook they call that stuff ...

From this we get "Einstein failed 6th grade math" ...

The author disagrees- I suspect he's fairly well educated- so, are you and what credentials do you use? The author is a teacher. You? And no, I don't put a lot of stock in stock education- but, I've not seen anything from you to exhibit a lot except something comical- class clown stuff- which is one of the things the author used to illustrate his point- so, what are you going to use to illustrate your point?
There are some teachers that frequent thy board. Complete oofs.

• Banned
I'm sure Einstein was just BORED TO DEATH in school. His thinking was on a different level than his classmates AND his teachers.
Maybe- since he's dead we'll never know for sure- what we do know is; one size does not fit all and Einsteins "success" illustrates it. The author also raises the question of just what success is as have I many times- the one size fits all in our system of education from kindergarten though college pushes hard a soft tyranny of obedience and compliance, which stifles creativity which helps the Individual see beyond the societal definition of success = in many's eyes a black sheep of the family who truly goes after what he wants vs what society says he should have to be happy. That to many is unacceptable.

The author disagrees- I suspect he's fairly well educated- so, are you and what credentials do you use?
How about ... his report card?

Einstein’s Report Card
Below is Albert Einstein’s report card for matriculating to Swiss Polytechnic in 1896 (four years before he earned his diploma in 1900). See Einstein’s Studies at the Polytechnic Institute in Zurich (1896–1900) for more proofs.

Final Grades, Aargau Kantonsschule:[3]

Certificate of qualification for
university matriculationAlbert Einstein
Aarau, den 5. Sept. 1896
Deutsch 5
Französisch 3
Englisch –
Italienisch 5
Geschichte 6
Geographie 4
Algebra 6
Geometrie 6
Darstellende Geometrie 6
Physik 6
Chemie 5
Naturgeschichte 5
Kunstzeichnen 4
Technisches Zeichnen 4
Marks: 6 = excellent, 5 = good, 4 = sufficient, 3 = poor, 2 = very poor, 1 = unusable

Einstein Was a Poor Student - Fact or Myth?

Looks pretty typical to me- ^^^^^ nothing I can see that would propel him to the head of the class- and besides that I have no idea what a lot of those say, never mind mean.

He was 17- out of high school I would hope, when he went to wherever it is he went-

Looks pretty typical to me- ^^^^^
Perfect grades in all the physical sciences? Sure...typical for a person very capable in the sciences, I guess.

Einstein was not bad at school, or at science or math. Those who have read a lot about him know this already.

Maybe- since he's dead we'll never know for sure- what we do know is; one size does not fit all and Einsteins "success" illustrates it. The author also raises the question of just what success is as have I many times- the one size fits all in our system of education from kindergarten though college pushes hard a soft tyranny of obedience and compliance, which stifles creativity which helps the Individual see beyond the societal definition of success = in many's eyes a black sheep of the family who truly goes after what he wants vs what society says he should have to be happy. That to many is unacceptable.
My daughter was born on his 100th BD. That is acceptable... to me.

Perfect grades in all the physical sciences? Sure...typical for a person very capable in the sciences, I guess.
Perfect? How so? He had good grades, better than some, but not all in everything- very capable didn't stem from a structured environment either- it came from a naturally inquisitive mind allowed to test its boundaries-

Einstein was Einstein.

The savages of today is a different story.

Ridiculous comparison.

The Case for the Rebel

Disruptive students may not be the easiest to have in class, but perhaps defiance should be encouraged.

The Case for the Rebel - The Atlantic - Pocket

Well someone gets it. One size does not fit all.

Einstein Was a Poor Student - Fact or Myth?

"Einstein wasn’t a poor student. Despite minor troubles in French and the Humanities, Einstein was a prodigy in math and physics from a young age."

Einstein excelled at math and science from an early age and slept through humanities courses.

"There were also rumors of him daydreaming rather than focusing on schoolwork"

Daydreaming is not disruptive to the class. It does not prevent other students from learning. Yelling and throwing things around are disruptive to the class.

Years ago there were people that believed Einstein had some "Rain Man" attributes.

Looks pretty typical to me- ^^^^^ nothing I can see that would propel him to the head of the class- and besides that I have no idea what a lot of those say, never mind mean.

Deutsch 5
Französisch 3
Englisch –
Italienisch 5
Geschichte 6
Geographie 4
Algebra 6
Geometrie 6
Darstellende Geometrie 6
Physik 6
Chemie 5
Naturgeschichte 5
Kunstzeichnen 4
Technisches Zeichnen 4

The only things that weren't excellent were French, Geography, and Art. Einstein is not famous for his ability in any of those subjects. He was, however, at the top in Algebra, Geometry, Descriptive Geometry, and Physics.

The author is a moron. It was more probable that he failed at school, not Einstein

https://www.ripleys.com/weird-news/did-einstein-really-fail-math/

At the age of seven, Einstein received his grades, and his mother wrote, “he was again number one, his report card was brilliant,” and goes on to state that, at the age of thirteen, Einstein was engrossed in the works of various philosophers, reading Darwin and philosophical works intently. “The widespread belief that he was a poor student is unfounded,” Pais concluded.

I once worked with a guy who had met Einstein. The guy was working for RCA at the time and had to install some electronic equipment in Einstein’s lab in Princeton.

I asked what it was like to talk to one of the most intelligent men of all time. He said, I couldn’t stand to be in the same room as the man......he STUNK

Forum List

Back