Einstein Versus Darwin..........

Hobbit said:
Maybe by your definition of ID. God, being an infinite being, has always and always will exsit. Now, in our understanding of the universe, that's impossible, as everything must have a beginning. However, isn't it equally possible that our knowledge of the universe is simply to limited in scope to understand and comprehend everything in it?

The problem I have with evolution is that it's a theory with no more supporting evidence than ID (25 allegedly intermediary fossils among millions of species isn't much to go on), and while an interesting theory, is typically taught as unrefutable fact not for any scientific reason, but instead out of an effort to "disprove" God. You say that if there is a God, he guided evolution. I say that God simply made similar beings. You may fully believe evolution for different reasons, but that's my main beef with it.

No, it is a premise of ID that every irreducibly complex object has a Creator. If you violate that, ID is the exact same thing as Creationism, which is unscientific as well. In answer to your question, yes, but that's not science. Save that for Philosophy class.

What exactly is the supporting evidence of ID? Three mechanisms which we don't know exactly how evolved? And therefore the conclusion is drawn that they couldn't have Evolved but had to be created. That conclusion is a logical fallacy, argument from ignorance. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Evolution is taugh as a well supported Theory. Fossilization of anything is rare, and then there is punctuated equilibrium, a reason why most transition species wouldn't have fossils. I searched and found a site that has over 100 transition fossils listed just for vertebrates (http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-transitional.html).

What are other reasons to believe evolution though? Every organism has the same DNA nucleotides, and uses the same 20 amino acids to build proteins. We know that there are different types of amino acids developed out there on other planets because an asteriod hit that had over 90 amino acids not found on earth. THe study of Phylogeny discovered that many structures are homologous, similar to other structures found in other animals (like the arm of a human compared to a monkey). Comparitive Genetics found that a Chimpanzee has DNA that is only 1.2% divergent from that of a human.

How exactly is Evolution out to disprove God?

why is id atributed to a god? is it not possible that evolution, and survival of the fittest are subsets of id?

It isn't always, but it is attributed to a Creator out of argument from ignorance. To answer your question, that could be possible if proponents of ID didn't argue irreducible complexity and specific complexity were in contrast with natural selection. If it is only Evolution with a Creator, then that is only a Philosophical argument instead of Scientific, because it violates Occam's Razor and requires a premise that Science can't prove.

IControlThePast said:
. It isn't always, but it is attributed to a Creator out of argument from ignorance.

Believing in a creator is not a sign of ignorance.

IControlThePast said:
.To answer your question, that could be possible if proponents of ID didn't argue irreducible complexity and specific complexity were in contrast with natural selection. If it is only Evolution with a Creator, then that is only a Philosophical argument instead of Scientific, because it violates Occam's Razor and requires a premise that Science can't prove.

science can not prove and explain why a lot of things happen and yet they still happen and they still exist......

manu1959 said:
Believing in a creator is not a sign of ignorance.
Quite the opposite actually, but logically assuming that he did all of this stuff we can't explain because we can't explain it is an "argument from ignorance." That's just the technical name of the logical fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

science can not prove and explain why a lot of things happen and yet they still happen and they still exist......

Very true, but if you want to discuss those things it's in a Philosophy class, not a Science one. Science class deals with what Science can explain. I don't object to ID, or even to it being explained as a belief system in public schools. I just object to it being taught in a Science class.

Forum List

Back