Einstein Versus Darwin..........

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Bonnie, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Intelligent Design Or Evolution?
    May 30, 2005
    By Tom Barrett

more

http://conservativetruth.org/article.php?id=2910&PHPSESSID=21e257ba99440af07f62007fb905f65c

2. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Now Darwin could kick Einstein's butt through "survival of the fittest", however, I'm thnking, and my money's on Einstein, that Albert would find a left hook of extreme "relativity" and coldcock the way outta him.

3. USViking

USViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Einstein did NOT believe in a personal God who intervened in human affairs, or took any interest in human life, so he is not an ideal authority for those who who claim intelligent design necessarily contradicts evolution.

And he certainly DID believe in a universe and Earth which were millions if not billions of years old, which would further damage his position for those who hold an inerranist view of Biblical revelation.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. IControlThePast

IControlThePast Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    People need to get their facts strait. Herbert Spencer (also famous for Social Darwinism), a rival of Darwin's, was "survival of the fittest."

Wrong, Darwin said Evolution was non-directional.

Archaeopteryx, Eohippus, and Ambulocetus are a few examples of transition fossils.

The author comes close to understanding! If it is to be debated, it is in humanities because ID is unscientific.

It would shock me to hear someone claim ID was a scientific theory because it fails to meet Occam's Razor, falsifiability, and the Intelligent Designer is neither observable or repeatable. It isn't taught as a valid counterpart because it fails to meet the qualifications of a theory, and is unscientific.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66

The arrogance of lefties never ceases to amaze me...

6. IControlThePast

IControlThePast Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    posts don't have.

7. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    I don't see your refutation of ICTP's points.

8. nosarcasm

nosarcasm Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68
    weak reply

9. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I've seen several so-called transition fossils. Many of them have proven to be creatures that still exist while others look more like a sort of hybrid. Is the platypus the missing link between ducks and beavers? I think not.

No more so than evolution.

Evolution fails to meet the same. The idea that such complex creatures just sort of happened is hardly the simplist solution. That's like proposing that a 747 appeared in a junkyard because a tornado went through and the parts just sort of fell into place, except the 747 incident is far more likely. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by falsifiability, but many many fossils claiming to be the missing link ended up being manufactured and the rest have been disproven as above. Also, evolution isn't observable or repeatable. We can't go back in time and see fish turning into frogs, nor can you reproduce it in a lab. Even if it were true, the process seems to take such a long time that repeating it within the life span of a single person would be impossible.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    It is just as scientific to work to disprove a theory as it is to attempt to prove a theory. To say that ID is not "scientific" is politic and based on personal opinion rather than actual survey of scientific method.

If we cannot find evidence that something was created by intelligence then Archeology is a waste of our time, you cannot prove that a pot of clay was not made by chance rather than by intelligent design.

Searching for evidence of Intelligent Design, and thereby proving one theory while disproving another theory, is just as scientific as attempting to prove that Evolution is the way life was created.