Egypt's Mohamed Morsi remains defiant as fears of civil war grow

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012

"The Egyptian president, Mohamed Morsi, has vowed there will be no second revolution in Egypt, as thousands planned to gather outside his presidential palacecalling for his removal*after a year in power.In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, Morsi rejected opposition calls for early presidential elections and said he would not tolerate any deviation from constitutional order. He said his early resignation would undermine the legitimacy of his successors, creating a recipe for unending chaos."If we changed someone in office who [was elected] according to constitutional legitimacy – well, there will be people opposing the new president too, and a week or a month later they will ask him to step down," Morsi said.At least seven people have been killed and over 600 injured in clashes between Morsi's Islamist allies and their secular opposition over the past few days.With tensions set to rise on Sunday, Morsi's defiant stance sets the stage for a trial of strength that will be played out on the streets of Cairo in front of his official residence. Once gathered, the opposition have vowed not to leave it until he resigns." Egypt's Mohamed Morsi remains defiant as fears of civil war grow. Protests in Egypt are ongoing. What will Egypts future have in store for her people? While I can empathize with a peoples desire for freedom and justice and a better life, they currently do have a leader elected by the people in democratic elections. I cant see how the leader stepping down from office would fix any of Egypts problems.

Demonstrations are being reported across the countryIn Alexandria, the second-biggest city, thousands of protesters gathered for a march to the central Sidi Gaber area, BBC Arabic's Rami Gabr reportsA big stage is being erected in the main square of the Suez Canal city of Port Said, and protesters are checking the identities of those going in and out of the square, BBC Arabic's Attia Nabil reportsRallies are also expected in Suez, Monofia and Sharqiya - the birthplace of President Morsi.Windows in the Muslim Brotherhood headquarters in Cairo were reinforced with sandbags ahead of the protests, the BBC's Mohamed Assad reports.Some Morsi supporters in Nasr City are wearing banners saying that they are willing to be martyrs for the cause of keeping the president in power. BBC News - Egypt Morsi: Mass political protests grip cities

obama is sending US troops to Egypt to prop Morsi up.

Obama Sending U.S. Troops to Egypt

obama is committed to the muslim brotherhood.

That is not being reported by major news sources. I dont know, the people dont want a Western controlled puppet/dictator like Mubarak and they dont want a leader elected in democratic elections. What options are there outside of dictatorships and democracies?

Morsi is being told to resign now, by both the Army and the Opposition. He really pissed off Egyptians the past year, apparently. At the same time, I read the people blame the US and Israel for this mess there. HOW do we explain this?

Egypt's Mursi rebuffs army ultimatum, sets own course

CAIRO (Reuters) -*President Mohamed Mursi*rebuffed an army ultimatum to force a resolution to*Egypt's political crisis, saying on Tuesday that he had not been consulted and would pursue his own plans for*national reconciliation.The Islamist leader described as potentially confusing Monday's 48-hour deadline set by the head of the armed forces for him to agree on a common platform with liberal rivals who have drawn millions into the streets demanding*Mursi's resignation.Members of his*Muslim Brotherhood*have used the word "coup" to describe the military maneuver, which carries the threat of the generals imposing their own road map for the nation. Egypt's Mursi rebuffs army ultimatum, sets own course

If morsi is going to ignore the military, he must expect help from obama in keeping his office.

Who helped put that azzhole in charge? Oh yeah, the U.S. did.

Am I supposed to thank Vets for THAT too?

Morsi is being told to resign now, by both the Army and the Opposition. He really pissed off Egyptians the past year, apparently. At the same time, I read the people blame the US and Israel for this mess there. HOW do we explain this?

those who blame us are brain-dead.

Last thing we needed is a Muslim-Brotherhood leader controlling Egypt.

Morons:cuckoo:

As for Morsi, well, let him deal with his people. Obviously, they themselves don't really know what they want.

I hear the crowds gathering in support of Morsi now are about as large now as the Opposition and are arming themselves.

"The Egyptian president, Mohamed Morsi, has vowed there will be no second revolution in Egypt, as thousands planned to gather outside his presidential palacecalling for his removal*after a year in power.In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, Morsi rejected opposition calls for early presidential elections and said he would not tolerate any deviation from constitutional order. He said his early resignation would undermine the legitimacy of his successors, creating a recipe for unending chaos."If we changed someone in office who [was elected] according to constitutional legitimacy – well, there will be people opposing the new president too, and a week or a month later they will ask him to step down," Morsi said.At least seven people have been killed and over 600 injured in clashes between Morsi's Islamist allies and their secular opposition over the past few days.With tensions set to rise on Sunday, Morsi's defiant stance sets the stage for a trial of strength that will be played out on the streets of Cairo in front of his official residence. Once gathered, the opposition have vowed not to leave it until he resigns." Egypt's Mohamed Morsi remains defiant as fears of civil war grow. Protests in Egypt are ongoing. What will Egypts future have in store for her people? While I can empathize with a peoples desire for freedom and justice and a better life, they currently do have a leader elected by the people in democratic elections. I cant see how the leader stepping down from office would fix any of Egypts problems.

Must be the JJJOOOOOOSSSS fault, huh Sherri???

Muslims are as retarded as you!

Forum List

Back