Effort to Suppress the Military Vote?

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
"Because many counties in Virginia failed to mail absentee ballots in time to our men and women in uniform stationed overseas, service members are being disenfranchised because they are unable to return their ballots before the November 4 deadline," campaign spokeswoman Gail Gitcho said in a written statement about the suit, which is scheduled to be heard in Williams' courtroom at 1:30 p.m. today.

McCain campaign sues over overseas military ballots

God I hope not.

I heard that Va has one machine for every 350 people. That precincts are only required to have two machines.

Va really needs to get its act together.

"Because many counties in Virginia failed to mail absentee ballots in time to our men and women in uniform stationed overseas, service members are being disenfranchised because they are unable to return their ballots before the November 4 deadline," campaign spokeswoman Gail Gitcho said in a written statement about the suit, which is scheduled to be heard in Williams' courtroom at 1:30 p.m. today.

McCain campaign sues over overseas military ballots

I think I'm confused. Don't military personnel remain registered in their home states? I know when I was married to someone in the military I wasn't considered a "resident" of TN because I lived on the base and therefore I was still considered a FL resident, keeping my FL drivers license and my FL voter ID. This was almost 15 years ago so perhaps things have changed since that time.

Either way, it's bullshit that these military servicepeople weren't provided ballots in time to vote but it's not a unique situation to VA it seems. I've been phone banking for Obama and have spoken to many voters who has requested absentee ballots this year and never received one.

This is one more reason to think about putting voting online, especially for American citizen's living outside the U.S.

It is obscene how often this sort of thing seems to happen to our military service members. Pennsylvania went through this in the last election.

Why can't we get voting right in this country?!?!

Forum List

Back