Education vs Indoctrination: FDR's Depression

Senator McCarthy made his first speech on Communist infiltration in Feb 1950.

He was a Senator

Was he running the HUAC?

You're a dope. So you're saying because the HuAC wasn't under McCarthy's control that they didn't go after Hollywood? Of course they did, and McCarthyism is the key point here, not McCarthy himself, at least for me. Dipshit.

I'm talking specifically about how the indoctrinated hive mind responds to Sen Joe McCarthy and you've given us a picture perfect example.

HUAC had NOTHING to do with Joe McCarthy.

Does that mean the House cannot conduct investigations, even when a Senator is involved? Such nonsense!
FDR began the healing process with his inaugural address, perhaps before, maybe just the e election began the healing? There was no manual on how to cure depressions, and there is still none today, but the Republicans may surely have a manual on how to cause depressions. The entire New Deal was an experiment, people stopped starving and if people could work they were given jobs instead of charity. If you put your money in the bank it was there when you wanted to withdraw some of it. Hope was in the air and the fear was leaving the nation. Even Republicans were so scared they cooperated with FDR for a short time, and then finally reverted back to the usual party of no, no, no. FDR put Republicans in his cabinet including Morganthau. The nation was in a bad way but it was alive and capitalism was alive. Other nations were looking for new economic or political systems but the US had FDR and they believed, and they kept capitalism, the Constitution and our political system.
No wonder the people voted for FDR four times and historians rate him as America's greatest president.

Indoctrinated hive mind responds with platitudes.

In this thread alone we've mentioned how the 1920/1 Depression was handled, how do you say "there was no manual"? Do you think that was the first Recession/Depression Ever?

Also, no matter how many times you say it, Senator McCarthy had NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING to do with the HUAC which was years before him

No offense, guy, but when you start talking about how the moon was "put there" by someone, EVERYTHING else you say is total bullshit. The HUAC started the shit with Hollywood, and very soon afterward it was under McCarthy's influence. It didn't go away during the Red Scare you dope. Under that control, the HUAC kept pressure on Hollywood to keep the Hollywood Ten and others on the black list.

Your WAY out of your depths on this one, Chum.

For the interest of fairness: Yes, Frank, you are right in that the HUAC was not ever part of McCarthy's crusade directly. But Jesus Christ dude, are you really saying the two operated completely independently from one another?

Does that mean the House cannot conduct investigations, even when a Senator is involved? Such nonsense!
FDR began the healing process with his inaugural address, perhaps before, maybe just the e election began the healing? There was no manual on how to cure depressions, and there is still none today, but the Republicans may surely have a manual on how to cause depressions. The entire New Deal was an experiment, people stopped starving and if people could work they were given jobs instead of charity. If you put your money in the bank it was there when you wanted to withdraw some of it. Hope was in the air and the fear was leaving the nation. Even Republicans were so scared they cooperated with FDR for a short time, and then finally reverted back to the usual party of no, no, no. FDR put Republicans in his cabinet including Morganthau. The nation was in a bad way but it was alive and capitalism was alive. Other nations were looking for new economic or political systems but the US had FDR and they believed, and they kept capitalism, the Constitution and our political system.
No wonder the people voted for FDR four times and historians rate him as America's greatest president.

In this thread alone we've mentioned how the 1920/1 Depression was handled, how do you say "there was no manual"? Do you think that was the first Recession/Depression Ever?

Also, no matter how many times you say it, Senator McCarthy had NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING to do with the HUAC which was years before him

No offense, guy, but when you start talking about how the moon was "put there" by someone, EVERYTHING else you say is total bullshit. The HUAC started the shit with Hollywood, and very soon afterward it was under McCarthy's influence. It didn't go away during the Red Scare you dope. Under that control, the HUAC kept pressure on Hollywood to keep the Hollywood Ten and others on the black list.

Your WAY out of your depths on this one, Chum.

Clearly out of my depth. I don't know how I didn't see it until now.

Did you bother to check the "Blacklisted" thread I linked to?

For the interest of fairness: Yes, Frank, you are right in that the HUAC was not ever part of McCarthy's crusade directly. But Jesus Christ dude, are you really saying the two operated completely independently from one another?

I'm saying that just like I was, you were trained to link the two together.

McCarthy had NOTHING to do with the HUAC, his was a focused, directed and very accurate charge that State and the WH had people reporting directly to Moscow

When I read the first couple of pages of "Blacklisted" I realized I had been indoctrinated to believe the lies about McCarthy

Last edited:
FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate / UCLA Newsroom

"High wages and high prices in an economic slump run contrary to everything we know about market forces in economic downturns," Ohanian said. "As we've seen in the past several years, salaries and prices fall when unemployment is high. By artificially inflating both, the New Deal policies short-circuited the market's self-correcting forces."

Yeah, because we know a pair of senior fellows at the Hoover Institution are sure to be objective.

FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate / UCLA Newsroom

"High wages and high prices in an economic slump run contrary to everything we know about market forces in economic downturns," Ohanian said. "As we've seen in the past several years, salaries and prices fall when unemployment is high. By artificially inflating both, the New Deal policies short-circuited the market's self-correcting forces."

Yeah, because we know a pair of senior fellows at the Hoover Institution are sure to be objective.

LOL I thought you guys loved the UCLA?

“We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong … somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises… I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started… And an enormous debt to boot!” - Henry Morganthau, FDR’s Treasury Secretary, May 1939
Gee his own treasury secretary LOL

When America moved from a nation of farmers and small businesses to manufacturing we began the business cycles. There is no manual on how to handle the cycles, Keynes may be closest but nothing seems to work correctly so far, but Keynes.
Can you name a manual that prevents and/or cures cycles?
I never mentioned the HUAC but just investigations conducted by the House. As we know it was McCarthy's own committee that help destroy McCarthy.

wow, really?

I said if you think about it, you.......AS IN YOU....could probably come up with 10 names....Maybe I gave you to much credit.

Why would I spend time trying to think of people on some supposed "conservatives blacklist" when I don't believe it exists? That's dumb. It's up to YOU, the person who posited this whopper of a doozy to tell me who YOU think is on that list, to prove its existence. Let's begin.

Tom Seleck
He's getting older. Now it may be hard to believe, but as stars get older, they're less desirable for roles, unless the roles are for older people. Seleck was getting work into the mid 90's on "Friends" and in "In & Out," well after he made his political leanings clear. In fact, wasn't he out as a Republican at the HEIGHT of his stardom, the 80's?

Debunked. Next?

How about James Woods?
Again, aging character actor. As he gets older, parts become more scarce. He's worked plenty in the last five years tough.

14 projects since 2007.

James Woods - IMDb

Debunked. Next?
Oh, I see how this works.

All of this has been debunked.

Next?

Ron Silver too, I suppose.

Sorry.....your a joke. Let Me know when you actually want to discuss things rather than just play 'back and forth' on an internet website.

wow, really?

I said if you think about it, you.......AS IN YOU....could probably come up with 10 names....Maybe I gave you to much credit.

Why would I spend time trying to think of people on some supposed "conservatives blacklist" when I don't believe it exists? That's dumb. It's up to YOU, the person who posited this whopper of a doozy to tell me who YOU think is on that list, to prove its existence. Let's begin.

He's getting older. Now it may be hard to believe, but as stars get older, they're less desirable for roles, unless the roles are for older people. Seleck was getting work into the mid 90's on "Friends" and in "In & Out," well after he made his political leanings clear. In fact, wasn't he out as a Republican at the HEIGHT of his stardom, the 80's?

Debunked. Next?

How about James Woods?
Again, aging character actor. As he gets older, parts become more scarce. He's worked plenty in the last five years tough.

14 projects since 2007.

James Woods - IMDb

Debunked. Next?
Oh, I see how this works.

All of this has been debunked.

Next?

Ron Silver too, I suppose.

Sorry.....your a joke. Let Me know when you actually want to discuss things rather than just play 'back and forth' on an internet website.

Dude. You gave me a list of stars that supposedly were on the Hollywood Conservative Black List. I gave you examples of how I think that list is kinda bullshit. So yeah...I mean, what now, Cowboy?

Forum List

Back