Education is a Crime for Baha’is in Iran

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Since the Ayatollah Khomeini have labeled the Baha'is as deviants, perhaps those in the civilized world who regularly tweet should tweet around the world that Khomeini himself is the one who is deviant. Only a deviant would talk like he does.

Education is a Crime for Baha’is in Iran
Iran’s largest religious minority group is being denied access to its own future when the ayatollahs prevent Baha’is from going to school.

Iranian security agents raided a number of Baha’i homes last week and arrested 16 people. The arrests were coordinated between three cities—Tehran, Isfahan and Kerman. In Isfahan at least, they were synchronized to strike multiple homes at the same time. It’s unclear who carried out the raids, but these attacks are usually the work of the Intelligence Ministry or the Revolutionary Guards.

The raids are the latest in a long-running and systematic campaign of violence against the Baha’is, Iran’s largest minority religion. As a member of the Baha’i Faith, I find it unbelievable and grotesque that such persecution continues and that there are absolutely no signs of change. Iranian Baha’is are regularly arrested, tortured and denied most basic rights, including the right to study at university.

A number of violent attacks have recently been carried out against Baha’is—including the murder of Ataollah Rezvani and the savage knife attack onGhodratollah Moodi, a Baha’i leader in the Iranian town of Birjand, along with his family. The authorities, as usual, failed to pursue the perpetrators.

Continue reading at:

Education is a Crime for Baha is in Iran - The Daily Beast?

Knowledge is a crime to repressive regimes
Israel has always valued learning.

Forum List

Back