Ed Schultz: Named to top of "Least Influential" list

FOX isn't "balanced" because it's core audience is to the right of center. That being said, FOX is head and shoulders more balanced than MSNBC. On FOX you get the views of Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, Alan Colmes, Kristen Powers, Moira Laiason, Marc Lamont Hill, and many other liberals. You get a counter debate to FOX's conservative emphasis. That's why so many more people watch FOX than MSNBC...with the latter you usually get a panel packed with liberals all telling each other how "right" they all are. Sorry, but that's generally boring as all get out.

Right, right...that's why msnbc has an entire, not 1-hour, but 3-hour show by a former RW Congressman, Joe Scarborough , that plays daily. That's why they have RWers like Michael Steele, and that rabid RWer Pat Buchanan who should have been fired EONs ago for his rancid view he spews.

msnbc is the network that actually gives "the opposition" a REAL platform to debate and spread their nonsensical RW ideas and ideology, nearly unchallenged.

The FOXNews is a joke!

Michael Steele works for MSNBC? Since when? As for Joe Scarborough? If you look up RINO in the encyclopedia there is a picture of Joe doing the morning show. Are those the only three you could come up with because if that's the case then you've pretty much proven my point, Marc.

Not sure, but I believe they just hired McCain's daughter. I am pretty sure she is right.

Here is a simple question. How can you take a list seriously that has Obama as non influential on it? (Keep in mind, they had Obama as man of the year twice). By the way, Huntsman was No. 1 on that list if you actually say that list is legit.

Joe Scarborough is anything but a rabid RWer. And when PB is on, there are usually two or three liberals there with him.

Morning Joe uses and entirely different format and addresses issues in one of the more thoughtful formats there is on TV.

But Scarborough is not a friend of the right on that show.

Please try again.

And even if you count the PB time, it is still nothing compared to the amount of time that LW folks spend on Fox.

Can you define what "a friend of the right" is?

Thanks.

Joe Scarborough is anything but a rabid RWer. And when PB is on, there are usually two or three liberals there with him.

Morning Joe uses and entirely different format and addresses issues in one of the more thoughtful formats there is on TV.

Please try again.

And even if you count the PB time, it is still nothing compared to the amount of time that LW folks spend on Fox.

Thanks.

Once you describe TOO Conservative.

However, my experience is that he will be critical of both sides based on actions not ideology. He does not accord the right any more than he accords the left.

I will admit that I don't watch the morning MSNBC lineup, Marc but when you say Joe Scarborough does a 3 hour show all to himself? Gotta tell you, I think you're shoveling a little manure at me. Isn't that the typical morning format with multiple hosts? And when I have seen that show I don't recall Scarborough as being even close to a "rabid" right winger. I find that characterization amusing.

I didn't say the MSNBC had NO right wingers there...I simply pointed out that compared to FOX they had next to none. So what's the deal with Michael Steele? Is he really employed by MSNBC now?

Ohhh, now you walk back a bit and admit that you don't watch the msnbc morning line-up so you have absolutely NO idea what and who is going on there. I see.

It's his show, Scarborough's, yet, there are additional hosts, well, ONE official host, Mika B. well, and 2 hangers on. But it's Joe's show. Just like Hannity has his own show with lots of usual hangers on. Not much difference.

Michael Steele's been at msnbc from earlier this year...
Michael Steele Hired by MSNBC

BTW, if you read my statements, you will note that I wasn't calling Joe a rabid RWer, I was making the statement that they have rabid RWers on the network and I was specifically referring to Pat Buchanan, another msnbc employed commenter.

msnbc gives these guys a much broader and freerer platform than the FOXNews gives the left. Where they are there to essentially be "beaten up on" by the rest of the rabid RWers that infest that God-forsaken network.

Clear as mud?

P.S. - Please list 3 regular LWers on the FOXNews and which shows and how often are they on there. Thanks.

Last edited:

Please try again.

Thanks.

However, my experience is that he will be critical of both sides based on actions not ideology. He does not accord the right any more than he accords the left.
So you admit that when you used the term "friend of the right," you were referring to individuals who don't give the right passes just because they are a part of the right.

Thanks for your honesty. :clap2:

I heard he had to go to court and they counted the jury in his ratings !!!

Keep telling us what you "heard". Any publicity is good publicity. What would Ed do without y'all banging the drums for him? :clap2:

So, it's good for Ed when he gets suspended for calling L.I. a "slut" ?

He must really be hurting. :confused::confused:

Yes, and BTW, that was a self-imposed hiatus he took. Being that upstanding man that he is, he admitted he made a grave mistake from being too carried away in the moment and he CHOSE to remove himself from the air w/o pay.

Google it.

msnbc gives these guys a much broader and freerer platform than the FOXNews gives the left. Where they are there to essentially be "beaten up on" by the rest of the rabid RWers that infest that God-forsaken network.

Bob Beckel.

Alan Colms

Bill Mahr

Mora Liason

Juan Williams

Your first statement is garbage.

Greta has all kinds of dems on her show. She recently scored Chris Van Holland.

Bob Beckel.

Alan Colms

Bill Mahr

Mora Liason

Juan Williams

Your first two are both there to be beaten up on by the righties. Both of them essentially genuflect to the right on there.

Alan, in particular, does it and you can tell by how different his own radio talk show is. He destroys any and all righties on his radio show. However, he often gets "destroyed" by Bill O'Reilly especially. Bill is the biggest dunce on the right. His arguments are about as strong as cotton candy puffs. Yet Alan is either outright "destroyed" or perceived as being destroyed by such a fruitcake as Bill-O. His LW radio callers often call in to the show upset that he allows this to happen on the TV knowing he is more than capable of properly arguing and defending any LW position. He always blows it off. He knows its true and he knows that he doesn't want to rock the boat. You know...all the $$$ he gets from his various appearances.

Bob Beckel...same thing, he's there to be beaten up upon. I know he's better than he appears on there. It makes me sick to watch those two on any the FOXNews show debating.

BTW, I implore you to listen to Colmes' radio show, it comes on nightly at 10pm Eastern. You can listen from the FOXNews Radio website.

If you're talking about Bill Maher from HBO, then he's not an official commenter. He has guested once or twice on some show, but not as a commenter...as a guest. Bill Maher's a free agent, appearing on shows that span the networks of msnbc, ABC, CBS, NBC and the FOXNews. So take him off your list. Mora and Juan both get to air their positions fairly...I agree.

Bob Beckel.

Alan Colms

Bill Mahr

Mora Liason

Juan Williams

Your first two are both there to be beaten up on by the righties. Both of them essentially genuflect to the right on there.

Alan, in particular, does it and you can tell by how different his own radio talk show is. He destroys any and all righties on his radio show. However, he often gets "destroyed" by Bill O'Reilly especially. Bill is the biggest dunce on the right. His arguments are about as strong as cotton candy puffs. Yet Alan is either outright "destroyed" or perceived as being destroyed by such a fruitcake as Bill-O. His LW radio callers often call in to the show upset that he allows this to happen on the TV knowing he is more than capable of properly arguing and defending any LW position. He always blows it off. He knows its true and he knows that he doesn't want to rock the boat. You know...all the $$$ he gets from his various appearances.

Bob Beckel...same thing, he's there to be beaten up upon. I know he's better than he appears on there. It makes me sick to watch those two on any the FOXNews show debating.

BTW, I implore you to listen to Colmes' radio show, it comes on nightly at 10pm Eastern. You can listen from the FOXNews Radio website.

If you're talking about Bill Maher from HBO, then he's not an official commenter. He has guested once or twice on some show, but not as a commenter...as a guest. Bill Maher's a free agent, appearing on shows that span the networks of msnbc, ABC, CBS, NBC and the FOXNews. So take him off your list. Mora and Juan both get to air their positions fairly...I agree.

You asked for names and I supplied them.

That was it. I don't recall asking for your opinion on them.

There are others. The one I really like is Pat Cadell. He is fantastic.

There is the former campaign manager "Tribbe" or something like that (I don't watch Fox all that much) and several others. There is a woman named Kristin XXXXX I don't know her last name (Powers ?)...she is now a regular on Fox News Watch (2 on 2 by the way).

And the list goes on and on.

Oh...Geraldo (who I'd love to punch out) has his own show. The guy is a freak. Loved the kennedy's.

So please cut the crap about Fox being so one sided. They do what they do and they do a good job of it. They have the wackjob in Hannity. I never saw Beck. But the rest do pretty well in my op9inion.

Lean right....of course they do.

Do I believe what I am told, not at all....from them, you or anyone.

O'Reily recently ran a bit on snakes in Florida...totally non political. I don't recall Rachael Maddow ever doing anything that good.

There is the former campaign manager "Tribbe" or something like that (I don't watch Fox all that much) and several others. There is a woman named Kristin XXXXX I don't know her last name (Powers ?)...she is now a regular on Fox News Watch (2 on 2 by the way).

Oh...Geraldo (who I'd love to punch out) has his own show. The guy is a freak. Loved the kennedy's.

So please cut the crap about Fox being so one sided. They do what they do and they do a good job of it. They have the wackjob in Hannity. I never saw Beck. But the rest do pretty well in my op9inion.

O'Reily recently ran a bit on snakes in Florida...totally non political. I don't recall Rachael Maddow ever doing anything that good.
What about snakes? I'm curious.

Also, how often have you watched Rachel Maddow? How recent have you watched her show if at all? And lastly, have you watched an entire show?

Also, how often have you watched Rachel Maddow? How recent have you watched her show if at all? And lastly, have you watched an entire show?

O'Reily ran a deal on people dumping pythons in the everglades and how they are taking over. He had several biologists on from the UofF and as I understand it, he has done several segements on this subject. The last I hard they were talking about some kind of very aggressive african anaconda showing up in the keys and about how if it makes it to mainland, people will start dying.

I used to watch Maddow more. I first saw her on the Tucker Carlson show where she was a regular. Notice how Tucker fared on that network.

Maddow was good. Her show used to be better and I did watch it end to end a number of times. She does not spin her stories, she spins her show. It is sometimes retarded now.

During the health care debate, Joe Lieberman gets in the way and Maddow does a solid week of stories on Lieberman....none of them flattering.

Bart Stupak gets in the way, she does several shows on him.

Then she runs a commercial and says she has no agenda. I fell over backwards. That commercial only ran for about two days.

BTW: I just gave you load of other left leaners on Fox and you pased right by it.

I have no concnerns about their willingness to bring on lefties.

You never saw Keith Uberstupid mix it up with someone like O'Reily did with B. Frank.

Please try again.

Thanks.

You're going to have to ask the Rep establishment of the time or Joe himself why he was TOO conservative. We're just reporting the facts, man.

Thanks.

So you admit that when you used the term "friend of the right," you were referring to individuals who don't give the right passes just because they are a part of the right.

Thanks for your honesty. :clap2:

And thank you for making stuff up.

I don't read that in what I wrote.

Forum List

Back