Ed Schultz: Named to top of "Least Influential" list

Michael Steele works for MSNBC? Since when? As for Joe Scarborough? If you look up RINO in the encyclopedia there is a picture of Joe doing the morning show. Are those the only three you could come up with because if that's the case then you've pretty much proven my point, Marc.

Uhm....no Oldstyle, I've pretty much refuted and debunked your point.

You just got finished saying how msnbc has NO RWers there. I just proved how they not only have RWers, but rabid RWers, and not just RWers guesting and commenting, but actually one with a 3 hour show...all to himself.

All you're doing is changing the rules, calling him a RINO, a made-up term, to justify you're already predetermined, albeit false, views.

FOX isn't "balanced" because it's core audience is to the right of center. That being said, FOX is head and shoulders more balanced than MSNBC. On FOX you get the views of Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, Alan Colmes, Kristen Powers, Moira Laiason, Marc Lamont Hill, and many other liberals. You get a counter debate to FOX's conservative emphasis. That's why so many more people watch FOX than MSNBC...with the latter you usually get a panel packed with liberals all telling each other how "right" they all are. Sorry, but that's generally boring as all get out.

Right, right...that's why msnbc has an entire, not 1-hour, but 3-hour show by a former RW Congressman, Joe Scarborough , that plays daily. That's why they have RWers like Michael Steele, and that rabid RWer Pat Buchanan who should have been fired EONs ago for his rancid view he spews.

msnbc is the network that actually gives "the opposition" a REAL platform to debate and spread their nonsensical RW ideas and ideology, nearly unchallenged.

The FOXNews is a joke!

Joe Scarborough is anything but a rabid RWer. And when PB is on, there are usually two or three liberals there with him.

Morning Joe uses and entirely different format and addresses issues in one of the more thoughtful formats there is on TV.

But Scarborough is not a friend of the right on that show.

Please try again.

And even if you count the PB time, it is still nothing compared to the amount of time that LW folks spend on Fox.

I can't speak for all conservatives, Konradv...but I know I used to watch Olbermann just because I found him amusing. The reason MSNBC in general is irrelevent is that they're so biased in their coverage that it's become farce. They stopped going through the motions of even trying to be impartial years ago when Keith was running the show.

Biased in their coverage??? You do realize that Ed et al. are in the same business as Hannity et al., don't you? Why do the FOX guys always get the "but they're commentators not newsmen" excuse, then?!?! :doubt:

How often does MSNBC have a dissenting person on their shows? C'mon how many? EVERY FOX news show has libs and cons participating. That's why FOX is kicking everyone elses ass you twit. They are as balanced as you can get in the MSM. They're not great but they're the best there is.

How often? From what I see and I don't spend a lot of time watching, except MJ, they seem to have all sorts on their shows, just like FOX. I think that's just a dodge to escape answering the question of why FOX always gets the "but they're commentators not newsmen" excuse! You're actually the twit for not answering the question. We'll talk guests next, um kay?!?!

If Ed were more like Joe S., I'd watch and listen instead of watching and laughing.

Because then Ed might be saying something worthwhile. If I want to hear about how evil the right is, I just come to this board.

Shultz is a crusader. I respect his passion but that does not have me wishing any less he might have a stroke on the air so I can see him wad up and fall over.

FOX isn't "balanced" because it's core audience is to the right of center. That being said, FOX is head and shoulders more balanced than MSNBC. On FOX you get the views of Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, Alan Colmes, Kristen Powers, Moira Laiason, Marc Lamont Hill, and many other liberals. You get a counter debate to FOX's conservative emphasis. That's why so many more people watch FOX than MSNBC...with the latter you usually get a panel packed with liberals all telling each other how "right" they all are. Sorry, but that's generally boring as all get out.

Right, right...that's why msnbc has an entire, not 1-hour, but 3-hour show by a former RW Congressman, Joe Scarborough , that plays daily. That's why they have RWers like Michael Steele, and that rabid RWer Pat Buchanan who should have been fired EONs ago for his rancid view he spews.

msnbc is the network that actually gives "the opposition" a REAL platform to debate and spread their nonsensical RW ideas and ideology, nearly unchallenged.

The FOXNews is a joke!

Joe Scarborough is anything but a rabid RWer. And when PB is on, there are usually two or three liberals there with him.

Morning Joe uses and entirely different format and addresses issues in one of the more thoughtful formats there is on TV.

But Scarborough is not a friend of the right on that show.

Please try again.

And even if you count the PB time, it is still nothing compared to the amount of time that LW folks spend on Fox.

The only way I could see him not being a friend of the right is, if the most important thing is to not have your mistakes pointed out. When Joe ran the party backed the moderate because he was TOO conservative. If there's any problem, it's that what passes for the right these days are those whose only principle appears to be that 'compromise' is a dirty word. Joe just points out when that attitude has the effect of cutting their own throats.

Last edited:
People on the right fear Eddie? Too funny. What's to fear, his miniscule TV and radio audiences? At best the clown's like a pesky gnat.

Then why are we talking about him? Isn't he just like Limbaugh? The usual response when a lib starts a Rush thread is "change the channel".

How do you know he is fat?

They've invented this device that can capture a persons image, and their soul - they call it a camera. They caught fat Ed's image - the soul part came up empty :dunno:

Oh and how good is a list that has the president as non influential?

Pretty good. Barry can't even get his own party to back his moronic ideas. Even Dingy Harry Reid shot down Obama's newest pork bill.

Like him or not, the president is non influential? How does this make sense especially considering GQ had him as man of the year twice.

Barry dresses divinely, even RuPaul admires the fashion choices that Obama makes when flouncing with celebrities and dignitaries. In all fairness, I bet Barry Obama has a LOT of influence on the attire in West Hollywood cabarets.

People on the right fear Eddie? Too funny. What's to fear, his miniscule TV and radio audiences? At best the clown's like a pesky gnat.

Then why are we talking about him? Isn't he just like Limbaugh? The usual response when a lib starts a Rush thread is "change the channel".

We're talking about him because of GQ's opinion of him, and I simply cited examples that suggest they're right.

Now if you instead want to talk about Rush have at it.

We're talking about him because of GQ's opinion of him, and I simply cited examples that suggest they're right.

Now if you instead want to talk about Rush have at it.

NO, apparently Ed needs the publicity. Carry on. :cool:

Michael Steele works for MSNBC? Since when? As for Joe Scarborough? If you look up RINO in the encyclopedia there is a picture of Joe doing the morning show. Are those the only three you could come up with because if that's the case then you've pretty much proven my point, Marc.

Uhm....no Oldstyle, I've pretty much refuted and debunked your point.

You just got finished saying how msnbc has NO RWers there. I just proved how they not only have RWers, but rabid RWers, and not just RWers guesting and commenting, but actually one with a 3 hour show...all to himself.

All you're doing is changing the rules, calling him a RINO, a made-up term, to justify you're already predetermined, albeit false, views.

I will admit that I don't watch the morning MSNBC lineup, Marc but when you say Joe Scarborough does a 3 hour show all to himself? Gotta tell you, I think you're shoveling a little manure at me. Isn't that the typical morning format with multiple hosts? And when I have seen that show I don't recall Scarborough as being even close to a "rabid" right winger. I find that characterization amusing.

I didn't say the MSNBC had NO right wingers there...I simply pointed out that compared to FOX they had next to none. So what's the deal with Michael Steele? Is he really employed by MSNBC now?

The only way I could see him not being a friend of the right is, if the most important thing is to not have your mistakes pointed out. When Joe ran the party backed the moderate because he was TOO conservative. If there's any problem, it's that what passes for the right these days are those whose only principle appears to be that 'compromise' is a dirty word. Joe just points out when that attitude has the effect of cutting their own throats.

If you watch the show, you see that he pretty much goes after both sides. He has more commentators of the NPR sort (people who ask good questions that are not all that loaded), but he also has people like Chuck Todd on from time to time (and Chuck has become a real jerkwad IME).

Whatever his past (and that always requires context so being TOO conservative can mean a lot of things), the point is that his show is not a Sean Hannity bashfest.

Forum List

Back