economy is not on a rebound, it's on a roar

I put in a broad cross section of sites and sources...All of which reported that the American economy contracted last quarter, which blows your hallucination that the economy is "roaring" clean out of the water..

That you claim to reject the one that closest reflects your authoritarian central planner politics isn't my problem.

I put in a broad cross section of sites and sources...All of which reported that the American economy contracted last quarter, which blows your hallucination that the economy is "roaring" clean out of the water..

That you claim to reject the one that closest reflects your authoritarian central planner politics isn't my problem.

You can only lead a horse to water..... and cognition failure is always strongest in those with preconditions to what "authorities" tell them. Been that way since....forever.

U.S. and British Economies CONTRACTED in Fourth Quarter of 2012 - Washington's Blog
Proudly powered by WordPress.

The Big Picture is proudly powered by WordPress
No author listed for post.

You'll only believe it if Obama comes out and tells you it contracted in a press conference. The numbers don't lie, dude. The economy contracted in the fourth quarter and equities are again, at an all time high. Remember the last time that happened?

I do. I watched my elders lose their ass to VAR nutter bars, while Bernanke said things were great and no one could see it coming. :rolleyes:

You'll only believe it if Obama comes out and tells you it contracted in a press conference. The numbers don't lie, dude. The economy contracted in the fourth quarter and equities are again, at an all time high. Remember the last time that happened?

I do. I watched my elders lose their ass to VAR nutter bars, while Bernanke said things were great and no one could see it coming. :rolleyes:

Who did what when?

If line goes up, good thing. Line go down, bad thing.

Line go up.

U.S. home prices post biggest jump in over six years -CoreLogic | Reuters

You should probably stick to legos and steer clear of economic discussion.

tallest-lego-tower.jpg

If line goes up, good thing. Line go down, bad thing.

Line go up.

U.S. home prices post biggest jump in over six years -CoreLogic | Reuters

You should probably stick to legos and steer clear of economic discussion.
Actually with no understanding of structural unemployment he is right.

The unemployed are disproportionately stuck in areas where there are no job openings and lack the means to relocate. Since they are no longer seeking non-existent jobs they are no longer unemployed. Temp workers, independent contractors and self-employed are also not counted as unemployed when work is unavailable.

Based on the economy that existed prior to the 1959-61 "growth recession" we are doing great. That the economic tools in use bear no relationship to 2013 reality is being treated as a technocality.

Since they are no longer seeking non-existent jobs they are no longer unemployed.
Right, just like anyone else not trying to work.

Temp workers, independent contractors and self-employed are also not counted as unemployed when work is unavailable.

Untrue. If they are looking for work, then they're unemployed. So a self-employed or independent contractor puts out an ad in the paper or asks friends/family if anyone needs anything done, etc, he's classified as unemployed. Same thing with temp workers...looking for work is unemployed.

So a self-employed or independent contractor puts out an ad in the paper or asks friends/family if anyone needs anything done, etc, he's classified as unemployed.

dear. not really. He may have 10 weeks of work in process and be looking for work in the future when current work in completed.
Boeing is looking to sell new jets even when it can't deliver for 2 years or more

So a self-employed or independent contractor puts out an ad in the paper or asks friends/family if anyone needs anything done, etc, he's classified as unemployed.

dear. not really. He may have 10 weeks of work in process and be looking for work in the future when current work in completed.
Boeing is looking to sell new jets even when it can't deliver for 2 years or more

Ummm, if he's working, then he'd be employed. The claim was made that self-employed, WHO AREN'T working are not counted as unemployed. Which is not true.

I was simply giving an example of what would constitute a job search for self-employed.

Did you really think BLS would read classified ads to determine unemployment?

Last edited:
The claim was made that self-employed, WHO AREN'T working are not counted as unemployed. Which is not true.

they would probably be counted in U6 as under employed
If he's not working but looking for work, then he'd be unemployed in the U3,4,5, 6.

Not sure why you would think that someone who is not working would be classified as underemployed (even if BLS had such a classification, which they don't).

The Economy and the Stock Market are not one in the same.
Agreed. There is correlation, but nobody can make an absolute statement that the performance of the stock market is an indicator of the current state of the underlying economy.

The DOW is only 30 stocks.
True, but Russell 3000 is also up 6.7% ytd and 13.15% over a year. It represents about 98% of the investable U.S. equity

This is the worst place to get investing advice.
Well said!

The Economy and the Stock Market are not one in the same.
Agreed. There is correlation, but nobody can make an absolute statement that the performance of the stock market is an indicator of the current state of the underlying economy.

The DOW is only 30 stocks.
True, but Russell 3000 is also up 6.7% ytd and 13.15% over a year. It represents about 98% of the investable U.S. equity

This is the worst place to get investing advice.
Well said!

not really, if there is a good place where is it? Remember, the pros make less than monkeys throwing darts.

Forum List

Back