Economy Adds 163,000 Jobs, but UE ticks up to 8.3%

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
From the wonderful world of counter intuitive claptrap
deadhorse.gif
...I have said it before when the rate dropped on lower job creation than this, and now at 163K, the best month of the last 2 Quarters,it ticks up....

yes yes, seasonally this, drop off that, massage this...whatever add to the fact that they appear to have no idea what to expect , as this was a huge leap over "expectations".

So that seasonal gain and the 195.000 :eusa_think:

The report showed that the actual amount of Americans working dropped by 195,000, with the net job gain resulting primarily from seasonal adjustments. The birth-death model, which approximates net job growth from newly added or closed businesses, added 52,000 to the total.

snip-
The average work week held steady at 34.5 hours while average hourly earnings rose 2 cents to $23.52.

Economy Creates 163,000 New Jobs but Rate Rises to 8.3% - US Business News - CNBC

and....

WASHINGTON—U.S. employers stepped up hiring in July as the economy continued its uneven recovery heading into this fall's presidential election.

U.S. payrolls increased by a seasonally adjusted 163,000 jobs last month, the Labor Department said Friday, but the unemployment rate, obtained by a separate survey of U.S. households, ticked up one-tenth of a percent to 8.3%.

Economists surveyed by Dow Jones Newswires expected a gain of 95,000 in payrolls and an 8.2% jobless rate.

snip-

June and May payroll numbers were revised with only a small net effect—June payrolls rose 64,000 compared with the initially reported 80,000, and May was up 87,000 versus an earlier estimate of 77,000.

more at-

Economy Adds 163,000 Jobs - WSJ.com

Why is everyone talking about old stories ? More stimulus to come from the feds now so the stock market is happy but main street suffers.

Why is everyone talking about old stories ? More stimulus to come from the feds now so the stock market is happy but main street suffers.

Yeah this sucks, I need real employment to go up as my work gets slower and slower lately it seems. At this rate not only will I not get any profit sharing, I'll be joining the rest of the poor schlubs in the unejoyment line for a check that I'd rather earn at a job.

Obama needs to stop with the borrow/spend method of trying to fix our economy and go back to what has given us both downs and ups, but more ups, in the past.

Most amazing part is the libs won't care. There response:
(1) It's the GOP congress (even though the GOP control 1/2 of one branch of the government).
(2) It's Europes fault.
(3) It's only 1%, it would have been worse without the Big O.
(4) 8.3% is FABULOUS, Obama's plan is working, without Obama we would have been at 15% (even though true unemployment is at 15%)!
(4) Bush caused this mess and we need at least 10 years to get out of it!

From the wonderful world of counter intuitive claptrap
deadhorse.gif
...I have said it before when the rate dropped on lower job creation than this, and now at 163K, the best month of the last 2 Quarters,it ticks up....

yes yes, seasonally this, drop off that, massage this...whatever add to the fact that they appear to have no idea what to expect , as this was a huge leap over "expectations".

So that seasonal gain and the 195.000 :eusa_think:

The report showed that the actual amount of Americans working dropped by 195,000, with the net job gain resulting primarily from seasonal adjustments. The birth-death model, which approximates net job growth from newly added or closed businesses, added 52,000 to the total.

snip-
The average work week held steady at 34.5 hours while average hourly earnings rose 2 cents to $23.52.

Economy Creates 163,000 New Jobs but Rate Rises to 8.3% - US Business News - CNBC

and....

WASHINGTON—U.S. employers stepped up hiring in July as the economy continued its uneven recovery heading into this fall's presidential election.

U.S. payrolls increased by a seasonally adjusted 163,000 jobs last month, the Labor Department said Friday, but the unemployment rate, obtained by a separate survey of U.S. households, ticked up one-tenth of a percent to 8.3%.

Economists surveyed by Dow Jones Newswires expected a gain of 95,000 in payrolls and an 8.2% jobless rate.

snip-

June and May payroll numbers were revised with only a small net effect—June payrolls rose 64,000 compared with the initially reported 80,000, and May was up 87,000 versus an earlier estimate of 77,000.

more at-

Economy Adds 163,000 Jobs - WSJ.com

Yeah this sucks, I need real employment to go up as my work gets slower and slower lately it seems. At this rate not only will I not get any profit sharing, I'll be joining the rest of the poor schlubs in the unejoyment line for a check that I'd rather earn at a job.

Obama needs to stop with the borrow/spend method of trying to fix our economy and go back to what has given us both downs and ups, but more ups, in the past.

I hear ya. Although I'm doing ok my suppliers are hurting. One in particular has called multiple times asking if my Sept jobs can be delivered early so they can meet their base quota of sales. I guess the sale doesn't actually count till the product is delivered

80k jobs lowers UE, 160 raises UE... The real question is how many people fell off the ass end of UE this month? Not enough to keep UE down?

Manufacturing activity shrank for the second straight month in July, a private survey said Wednesday. Consumer confidence improved slightly last month but remains weak.

Rising pessimism about the future is taking a toll on businesses and consumers, many economists say. Europe's financial crisis has weakened that region's economy, hurting U.S. exports. Worries have also intensified that the U.S. economy will fall off a "fiscal cliff" at the end of the year. That's when tax increases and deep spending cuts will take effect unless Congress reaches a budget deal. A recession could follow, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke has warned.

Americans are responding by spending less and saving more. A big reason growth slowed in the second quarter was that consumer spending, which accounts for roughly 70 percent of economic activity, slowed to an annual growth rate of 1.5 percent. That was down from 2.4 percent in the first quarter.

Read more: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short | Fox News

Forum List

Back