Economy Adds 163,000 Jobs, but UE ticks up to 8.3%

I'd like to see the link that told you unemployment went up because people dropped out.

Thanks.

I didn't make that claim. But that's not the point huh?

The title of this thread is ...

UE jumps again up to 8.3%/as many people drop out than those that found work

You are playing your ignorant semantic games again, I see.

About 150K people left the workforce. About 168K jobs were created.

Unemployment rate went up to 8.3%.

I didn't make that claim. But that's not the point huh?

His complaint about my title baffles me. I thought it was pretty clear as to its point.

At some point in the early days of the Romney administration, that 8.3% unemployment willl be spun into 91.7% full employment.

I'd like to see the link that told you unemployment went up because people dropped out.

Thanks.

Employment Situation Summary

Thanks, but I already read it and I see nothing there about 150,000 people "dropping out".

I found this ...

Among the marginally attached, there were 852,000 discouraged workers in July, a decline of 267,000 from a year earlier. (These data are not seasonally adjusted.) Discouraged workers are persons not currently looking for work because they believe no jobs are available for them. The remaining 1.7 million persons marginally attached to the labor force in July had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey for reasons such as school attendance or family responsibilities.

This could be a good or bad thing depending on the reasons people left over the past year. For example, maybe they left because they found a job.

Thanks.

Thanks, but I already read it and I see nothing there about 150,000 people "dropping out".

I found this ...

Among the marginally attached, there were 852,000 discouraged workers in July, a decline of 267,000 from a year earlier. (These data are not seasonally adjusted.) Discouraged workers are persons not currently looking for work because they believe no jobs are available for them. The remaining 1.7 million persons marginally attached to the labor force in July had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey for reasons such as school attendance or family responsibilities.

This could be a good or bad thing depending on the reasons people left over the past year. For example, maybe they left because they found a job.

A good thing?

Lol

UE rises and it may be a good thing. Rich

His complaint about my title baffles me. I thought it was pretty clear as to its point.
Making claims without back up isn't smart. Here we go!

195,000 Fewer Americans Had Jobs in July; 150,000 Dropped Out of Labor Force | CNSNews.com

You can thank me later.

Thanks.

I found this ...

I figured you were curious enough to click the related links after reading about what was going on here is the raw data to show you what you want to see Table A-10. Selected unemployment indicators, seasonally adjusted

Making claims without back up isn't smart. Here we go!

195,000 Fewer Americans Had Jobs in July; 150,000 Dropped Out of Labor Force | CNSNews.com

You can thank me later.

If your head wasn't up Obama's ass you wouldn't have needed back up.

And just wait for the numbers to be adjusted like they always are.

I found this ...

A good thing?

Lol

UE rises and it may be a good thing. Rich

Yeah. Didn't you read the link Pilgrim provided?

People can stop looking for a variety of reasons, like school or family responsibilities. If people "dropped out" because they were going back to school, that's a good thing. If they "dropped out" because they were too discouraged, that's bad. So it just depends.

I found this ...

I figured you were curious enough to click the related links after reading about what was going on here is the raw data to show you what you want to see Table A-10. Selected unemployment indicators, seasonally adjusted

Nice. Thanks!

Forum List

Back