Economics of the Castro bailout

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
But it took the recent freefall in oil prices for Havana to take the plunge and finalize the deal. The reason is that the considerable help Venezuela sends Cuba is in the form of barrels, not dollars. As oil prices fall, the value of Venezuela’s aid falls. In the final quarter of last year, Cuba’s state finances began to look worse and worse.
You start to see why the alarm bells went off in Havana when the price of oil started to fall. It’s not just that the re-export business is a lot less juicy with oil at $50 per barrel than at $110. It’s that the Cuban elite is well aware that Venezuelan volumes may not hold up for much longer. If the collapse in oil prices is bad news for Cuba, it’s a kind of cataclysm for its benefactor. Cuba Is Hoping To Replace Venezuelan Oil With American Tourists FiveThirtyEight

Again, we've been spending the last 55 years punishing Cuba for rejecting us. I think it's time we got over it.

dear, Cuba is a filthy lib commie prison. Its the only island in the world where boats are illegal. Its an outrage against humanity. We don't tolerate and teach that a prison nation is normal.
No surprise at all that an American libcomie would have your attitude.

Again, we've been spending the last 55 years punishing Cuba for rejecting us. I think it's time we got over it.

dear, Cuba is a filthy lib commie prison. Its the only island in the world where boats are illegal. Its an outrage against humanity. We don't tolerate and teach that a prison nation is normal.

Guy, we lock up 2 million Americans. The prison population in Cuba is only 57,000. WHich country is the Prison Nation?

OH, noes, boats are illegal? The horror of it all.

Guy, we lock up 2 million Americans. The prison population in Cuba is only 57,000. WHich country is the Prison Nation?

OH, noes, boats are illegal? The horror of it all.

Just what we'd expect, a typical libcommie defending a libcommie prison island where boats are illegal because everyone would escape!!

too stupid by 100000%. Everyone on your libcommie Island is in prison. Why did you think boats were illegal??

The influence America will soon have on Cuba will change the island for the better. I know republicans would rather leave Cuba to our enemies but thank goodness it seems like they're, once again, on the wrong side of history.

dear, did you read Joe above. He's a typical American libcommie and expects Cuba to change America. Do you see why liberals spied for Stalin and Hitler and not conservatives?
Are you a libcommie dupe too?

The influence America will soon have on Cuba will change the island for the better. I know republicans would rather leave Cuba to our enemies but thank goodness it seems like they're, once again, on the wrong side of history.

dear, did you read Joe above. He's a typical American libcommie and expects Cuba to change America. Do you see why liberals spied for Stalin and Hitler and not conservatives?
Russia, Venezuala, and Iran are 3 countries that will be upset about improvement in Cuban-American relations. The GOP's desire to leave a country in the hands of our enemies that is right on our doorstep is baffling.

Russia, Venezuala, and Iran are 3 countries that will be upset about improvement in Cuban-American relations. The GOP's desire to leave a country in the hands of our enemies that is right on our doorstep is baffling.

dear, liberals are communists so like Joe above they like Cuba and Venezuala. Do you get it?

dear, liberals are communists so like Joe above they like Cuba and Venezuala. Do you get it?
Sweetheart, the only people who have benefitted from our stance on Cuba since maybe halfway during the Cold War years are our enemies. Do you get that?

C'mon, give Our Kenyan Emperor a break!

All he's doing is feathering a little nest on a nice comfortable island where he can go quietly into exile before the treason trial begins.

"I believe that there is no country in the world including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country’s policies during the Batista regime. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption. I will even go further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries. That is perfectly clear."

U.S. President John F. Kennedy, interview with Jean Daniel, 24 October 1963[26

Hasnt helped with China has it.....in fact it has endangered us by making them stronger

Hasnt helped with China has it.....in fact it has endangered us by making them stronger
Are you kidding? You don't like the huge amount of money we make off of basically slave labor?

Do you like the new USS Gerald Ford class aircraft carrier? That will maintain our "superpower" status for decades? Thank the people who established our relationship with China.

LLMMAAOOOO what gibberish.........and off topic...we have no influence with them...................which is the opposite of what was peddled and eing peddled now. means we have less than before and they are multiple times stronger than they would be without MFN.

too stupid by 100000%. Everyone on your libcommie Island is in prison. Why did you think boats were illegal??

because they don't want people engaging in illegal immigration?

dear , East Germany had to keep people in too. Did you support the Berlin Wall prison like you support Castro's prison. See why we must regard liberals as treasonous scum without the IQ to understand freedom.

"I believe that there is no country in the world including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country’s policies during the Batista regime. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption. I will even go further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries. That is perfectly clear."

U.S. President John F. Kennedy, interview with Jean Daniel, 24 October 1963[26
the Cuban economy stopped the day the libcommie castro took over. Ever wonder why they drive 1959 Chevys? What does that teach you? Now do you understand why Cuba is a prison and liberals are to0 stupid to see it?

, the only people who have benefitted from our stance on Cuba since maybe halfway during the Cold War years are our enemies. Do you get that?

no I don't because you forgot to say who these enemies are and how they have benefited from an impotent little country like Cuba. Isn't thinking fun?

I think the bottom line is that our policy was correct against the libcommie prison nation but not effective given that half of America is now lib commie too.

Forum List

Back