The Boring Season Is Upon Us

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Good grief! The 2016 Republican field just got more ridiculous if possible:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina has set up a committee he says will help him look beyond his home state to determine if he might have a "viable path" to the Republican presidential nomination.

Graham said on NBC's "Meet the Press" that he set up a "testing-the-waters committee" to allow him to consider a presidential bid.

Graham sets up committee to consider 2016 bid
AP News | Jan 18, 2015

Graham sets up committee to consider 2016 bid - AP News 1 18 2015 1 34 PM

My guess is that RINO Graham will place behind Paul Ryan in Bret Baier’s pictorial displace of wannabes:

011515_sr_panel_640.jpg
Most of them will tell the same boring lies that I’ve heard most of my life. The top track records do not stand a chance with conservatives. In addition, the leaders will bore the piss out of everyone when they get to talking about the economy and some vague notion about defeating “radical terrorists.” Do not expect a word about defeating Islam. Nor will one of them tell voters where they stand on repealing the XVI Amendment, enriching Wall Street absentee owners, getting out of the United Nations, or dismantle the welfare state. I promise to stay awake if a media choice mentions anything of importance.

Question: Do you really think any of them understand the economy will still be there no matter what else happens? I get the impression they all act like the world will end if they end up being responsible for a cataclysmic event like screwing Wall Street, the United Nations, or forcing the parasite class to go work.

The one they all recite has been a foundation pillar every candidate runs up the flagpole just to see how many idiots salute it: I promise efficient government.

Finally, I suspect that Mitt Romney is already pumping up his managerial skills. Of all the governors it was RomneyCare that best demonstrated Mitt’s executive ability when he came to screwing the public. Wall Street sharpshooters and Democrats are the only ones who are pulling for Romney and the Affordable Care Act.

We get it. You're afraid. Very afraid.
You know the 'Tards will lose the White House. And it scares the shit out of you. :slap:

To Mr. H.: Both Democrats and establishment Republicans instill fear in conservatives equally.

We get it. You're afraid. Very afraid.
You know the 'Tards will lose the White House. And it scares the shit out of you. :slap:

To Mr. H.: Both Democrats and establishment Republicans instill fear in conservatives equally.

Nothing boring about Rand Paul, he's a hard core libertarian all the way: isolationist foreign policy as much as possible, and free market domestic policy!!

Nothing boring about Rand Paul, he's a hard core libertarian all the way: isolationist foreign policy as much as possible, and free market domestic policy!!

To EdwardBaiamonte: Rand Paul is okay as far as he goes. He gets a big plus for saying this first:

Mike Huckabee also gets an attaboy for saying he would get the US out of the United Nations. Rand Paul should join Huckabee and take up Ron Paul’s HR 1146.

I have not heard much more than the standard crap that I’ve been hearing for decades.

The Sate of the Union is the Super Bowl of boredom. Thank God it is a one night affair. Tonight’s message runs the risk of anesthetizing Congress before they show up. Even Joe Biden might nod off the minute his president opens his mouth.

State of the Union implies something that already exists —— not the future. I do not know when presidents began speaking to their party ONLY about the shape of things to come. Presidents can see into the future since the charade became a crystal ball. Question: Most presidents cannot tell Congress what happened yesterday; so how in hell can they predict the future?

Frankly, I always thought the majority party in Congress should tell the president how things shaped up since last year.

And here is a happy thought. Cancel the State of the Union message whenever the Senate and the House are controlled by one or the other party.

I did get an insight from this chart. William Henry Harrison and James Garfield hold a record of sorts. Both died before they gave ever a SOTU:

Screen-Shot-2015-01-19-at-11.22.58-AM.png

This Cool Chart Shows the Words Each President Used in the State of the Union
Kate Scanlon / January 20, 2015

This Cool Chart Shows the Words Each President Used in the State of the Union

My interpretation of the chart tells me that recent presidents do not like to talk about the Constitution. Especially Democrats.

Forum List

Back