Economic Upswing Continues: Economy Added 201K Jobs, Wages Up by $17 Per Month, in August

Wages went up 2.9% and inflation went up 2.9%. So in other words, it's a wash.
Wages went up 2.9% BEFORE taxes, so after tax income has not kept pace with inflation! So it is NOT a wash!

Wages went up 2.9% BEFORE taxes, so after tax income has not kept pace with inflation! So it is NOT a wash!

Taxes were cut, so after tax income did go up.
That, of course, has nothing to do with the unassailable fact that the 2.9% increase in wages is BEFORE tax income.

You are just trying to lie your way out of the fact that AFTER tax income has NOT kept up with the TRUMP Inflation. As a TrumpTard you can NEVER admit the truth about anything!
AFTER tax income has NOT kept up with the TRUMP Inflation.

Liar!

upload_2018-9-9_17-4-13.png

Real Disposable Personal Income: Per Capita

One thing we learned about tax cuts for the rich is that they create a sugar high.
And we all know the problem with a sugar high, sadly, is they don’t last.

That, of course, has nothing to do with the unassailable fact that the 2.9% increase in wages is BEFORE tax income.

You are just trying to lie your way out of the fact that AFTER tax income has NOT kept up with the TRUMP Inflation. As a TrumpTard you can NEVER admit the truth about anything!

Liar!

View attachment 215594

Wow look at that. A trend that started under Obama. Who knew?

Liar!

View attachment 215594

Wow. And?

Liar!

View attachment 215594

Wow. And?
Thank God for Obama!

Liar!

View attachment 215594

The key word in your chart is,,,per capita. If four families made $59 thousand a year and one family made $1 million, the per capita would be $240,000.
Let's look at the big picture, shall we?
UnionsCensusData-fig3-6932.png
middle class national income.png

Liar!

View attachment 215594

Wow. And?
Thank God for Obama!
Or it would not be so hard to straighten things out. Right weenierd.

Hell, Gator...if Barry hadn't lost the mid terms back in 2010 and had the GOP keep him from passing the rest of his agenda your little collection of graphs would probably look more like they did back in 2009 and 2010. Remember what Barry, Harry and Nancy had cued up next for passage back then? Cap & Trade legislation that would have raised energy costs across the board for US businesses? Great strategy in the middle of a recession! Crediting Obama for economic success during his two terms is rather amusing. The biggest boom during that time was caused by fracking...something that Barry actively opposed but couldn't do anything about. Name an Obama initiative that made the economy grow in his last six years? Name an Obama economic initiative at all in his last six years? Fact is...Barry kind of mailed it in on the whole economy thing after Larry Summers left. I think he found it too much work creating jobs.

I do not credit Obama for the economy any more than I credit Trump for it. Obama leaving the economy alone was a good thing, that is what every president should do.

Funny that you say Obama found creating jobs too much work when his last 4 years in office jobs were being created at a rate far exceeding what has happened under Trump. Must be too much work for him as well I guess

Did you want to list the Obama economic initiatives that brought about that rate in his last four years, Gator? You give him credit for leaving the economy alone...then give him credit for creating jobs...so which is it?
Obama never did much of anything. He was in over his head on all things, so it was probably for the best.

As far as economics goes...losing the 2010 mid terms was a god send for Barack Obama! If he'd signed Cap & Trade into law as he was advocating...an economy on life support would have most likely "flat lined".

The chances of Cap & Trade passing even if the Dems had held the House were slim to none.

So you can't argue that Barry WANTED Cap & Trade...and you can't argue that Cap & Trade wouldn't have been been a disaster if it were passed...so you seem to be saying we shouldn't hold it against Barack because he advocated for legislation that was so bad for the economy that even Democrats wouldn't have been able to vote for it? You seem to be making my argument that Obama was awful with the economy FOR ME, Gator!

The BLS Employment Situation report for August shows that the Trump economic upswing is still going strong. The economy added 201,000 jobs in August, and there was a host of other good economic news in the report. Some highlights from the report:

* In August, average hourly earnings for all employees on private non-farm payrolls rose by 10 cents to $27.16. Note that an extra 10 cents per hour multiplied by 22 eight-hour work days equals an extra $17 per month--and keep in mind that this is just the increase for August.

* Over the year, the number of long-term unemployed has declined by 403,000. So over the last year, the number of long-term jobless people has dropped by 403,000. This is a huge improvement over the Obama years--the U-6 unemployment rate remained historically high under Obama. Even when the economy did fairly well under Obama in 2016, the number of long-term unemployed barely changed at all (see, for example, the BLS reports for January through December 2016).

* Mining employment increased by 6,000 in August, after showing little change in July. Since a recent trough in October 2016, the industry has added 104,000 jobs, almost entirely in support activities for mining.

* Employment in construction continued to trend up in August (+23,000) and has increased by 297,000 over the year.
The economic “upswing” is the same as during obama’s Presidency.

Hack

More cheerleading using bullsh*t stats?

Maybe some of you see through this and realize low end employment , which is largely engineered to exist off gub'mit subsidization is condusive to economic trickle down policies where the Elites win,at middle class taxpayer expense.

Google U6 for starters

then you can talk to guys like me who've been in construction since the Carter administration about economic booms & busts, and what sorts we attract betwixt all these cycles.

of course the usual three toed troglytes will stampeed on it insisting free trade capitalism weeds out the crybaby snowflakes, cuz they're ALL self made men that can pull it down w/o Gub'Mit help.

Yep, that's really workin' out great fellas...

~S~

Humm, well, if you think these stats are "BS," what did you say about the stats under Obama, since Trump's stats are so much better?

I did, Obama can k*ss my a** too buckoo

try harder

~S~

Liar!

View attachment 215594

Wow. And?
Thank God for Obama!

Thank goodness he was such an assclown that the voters booted 63 (holy shit!) Dems from the House in 2010.

Hell, Gator...if Barry hadn't lost the mid terms back in 2010 and had the GOP keep him from passing the rest of his agenda your little collection of graphs would probably look more like they did back in 2009 and 2010. Remember what Barry, Harry and Nancy had cued up next for passage back then? Cap & Trade legislation that would have raised energy costs across the board for US businesses? Great strategy in the middle of a recession! Crediting Obama for economic success during his two terms is rather amusing. The biggest boom during that time was caused by fracking...something that Barry actively opposed but couldn't do anything about. Name an Obama initiative that made the economy grow in his last six years? Name an Obama economic initiative at all in his last six years? Fact is...Barry kind of mailed it in on the whole economy thing after Larry Summers left. I think he found it too much work creating jobs.

I do not credit Obama for the economy any more than I credit Trump for it. Obama leaving the economy alone was a good thing, that is what every president should do.

Funny that you say Obama found creating jobs too much work when his last 4 years in office jobs were being created at a rate far exceeding what has happened under Trump. Must be too much work for him as well I guess

Did you want to list the Obama economic initiatives that brought about that rate in his last four years, Gator? You give him credit for leaving the economy alone...then give him credit for creating jobs...so which is it?
Obama never did much of anything. He was in over his head on all things, so it was probably for the best.

As far as economics goes...losing the 2010 mid terms was a god send for Barack Obama! If he'd signed Cap & Trade into law as he was advocating...an economy on life support would have most likely "flat lined".

The chances of Cap & Trade passing even if the Dems had held the House were slim to none.
So why did Obama “the moderate” support that?

Liar!

View attachment 215594

The key word in your chart is,,,per capita. If four families made $59 thousand a year and one family made $1 million, the per capita would be $240,000.
View attachment 215621 View attachment 215622

The key word in your chart is,,,per capita.

If you have some stats that help prove Ed's claim, "AFTER tax income has NOT kept up with the TRUMP Inflation" Please post it.

If four families made $59 thousand a year and one family made $1 million, the per capita would be $240,000.

Per household would be $247,200.

unionscensusdata-fig3-6932-png.215621

Share of income declining doesn't mean their income is declining.
Or that their after tax income isn't keeping up with inflation.

Liar!

View attachment 215594

View attachment 215621 View attachment 215622

The key word in your chart is,,,per capita.

If you have some stats that help prove Ed's claim, "AFTER tax income has NOT kept up with the TRUMP Inflation" Please post it.

If four families made $59 thousand a year and one family made $1 million, the per capita would be $240,000.

Per household would be $247,200.

unionscensusdata-fig3-6932-png.215621

Share of income declining doesn't mean their income is declining.
Or that their after tax income isn't keeping up with inflation.

All I know is-------->if 1 out 4 family's are making a million a year, this country is in great shape!

By the way, that chart is contrived, lol. I would explain, but I have a feeling ALL of the Leftists already know why it is-)

Whoever claimed Obama was a moderate?

Whoever claimed Obama was a moderate?
Political correctness

So you can't argue that Barry WANTED Cap & Trade...and you can't argue that Cap & Trade wouldn't have been been a disaster if it were passed...so you seem to be saying we shouldn't hold it against Barack because he advocated for legislation that was so bad for the economy that even Democrats wouldn't have been able to vote for it? You seem to be making my argument that Obama was awful with the economy FOR ME, Gator!

I do not care what the president wants, only want they do. You can view Obama anyway you wish, I really could not care less. My whole point in this thread is that nothing that was mentioned in the OP is new, it all started at least 6 years ago.

I do not care what the president wants, only want they do. You can view Obama anyway you wish, I really could not care less. My whole point in this thread is that nothing that was mentioned in the OP is new, it all started at least 6 years ago.
Lol
Says someone who trusts career politicians

Lol
Says someone who trusts career politicians

Do you just randomly make things up to throw out there just the the hell of it?

Forum List

Back