Economic Problems Facing the U.S.

buddhallah_the_christ

Dec 4, 2014
The United States is facing economic disaster on a scale few nations have ever experienced. Most people are unaware of the easily observable signs of this crisis, where it came from and how to stop it. While we persist in our superpower mentality, we have quietly become a second-class country in many respects.
Puppy.jpg

We no longer produce what we need to sustain ourselves, we import much more than we export, and we are selling off our assets and taking on massive debts to sustain a standard of living we can no longer afford. Not only was this not the way we became a superpower but it is a sure way to lose this status.
The game plan of our international competitors is to render us completely dependent on foreign production, innovation and financing. In losing domestic self-sufficiency, national security and leverage – our foreign affairs has begun to suffer greatly, and America’s superpower status is coming into question.

We are failing even to acknowledge predatory foreign trade practicesundermining U.S. industry. For example, China’s currency manipulation hascost the U.S. millions jobs. Instead we encourage U.S. manufacturers to design, engineer, and produce in third world markets like Mexico and China.

Economic Problems Facing the U.S. Economy In Crisis

. Instead we encourage U.S. manufacturers to design, engineer, and produce in third world markets like Mexico and China.

Exactly who is this "we" you speak of? I remember ole Ross Perot saying we Americans would hear a giant sucking sound as jobs left the country And we did. . And this was back in the 80ties.

But it wasn't the we workers who were sending their jobs out of the country.

SO who are those "we's"?

The United States is facing economic disaster on a scale few nations have ever experienced. Most people are unaware of the easily observable signs of this crisis, where it came from and how to stop it. While we persist in our superpower mentality, we have quietly become a second-class country in many respects.
Puppy.jpg

We no longer produce what we need to sustain ourselves, we import much more than we export, and we are selling off our assets and taking on massive debts to sustain a standard of living we can no longer afford. Not only was this not the way we became a superpower but it is a sure way to lose this status.
The game plan of our international competitors is to render us completely dependent on foreign production, innovation and financing. In losing domestic self-sufficiency, national security and leverage – our foreign affairs has begun to suffer greatly, and America’s superpower status is coming into question.

We are failing even to acknowledge predatory foreign trade practicesundermining U.S. industry. For example, China’s currency manipulation hascost the U.S. millions jobs. Instead we encourage U.S. manufacturers to design, engineer, and produce in third world markets like Mexico and China.

Economic Problems Facing the U.S. Economy In Crisis
Global economy.....We must compete outside our borders. So we do.
And this notion that "we don't make anything here anymore" is a load of crap.
The fact is that while some of our manufacturing has gone elsewhere( Steel, textiles, electronics) our manufacturing base is still strong.
One of the aspects that galls those wishing for the "good old days" is that manufacturing in this country is no longer sustained by "smoke stack" factories which require high amounts of labor to operate. Today's plants are modern. Union labor has been replaced with contract workers and part time help to perform menial tasks. Those who operated the machines have been replaced with those highly trained in technical areas, mainly the operation an programming of computers. Where it once took one person for each machine, now one person can watch several. And that person can operate them from remote locations.

. Instead we encourage U.S. manufacturers to design, engineer, and produce in third world markets like Mexico and China.

Exactly who is this "we" you speak of? I remember ole Ross Perot saying we Americans would hear a giant sucking sound as jobs left the country And we did. . And this was back in the 80ties.

But it wasn't the we workers who were sending their jobs out of the country.

SO who are those "we's"?

People who have American passport. American citizens. Americans. People who live from Seattle to Miami, from Los Angeles to New York, in Alaska and Hawaii and abroad, male and female, white, black, latino, asian, native, gay and straight, who love Michael Jackson and hate him.

Union labor has been replaced with contract workers and part time help to perform menial tasks.

Oil workers aren't union? Defense industry workers aren't union? You might want to check on who is doing the high end manufacturing in this country and the unions those workers represent. Intl Assoc. of Machinists and Aerospace workers would really be insulted by your comments. But that's not news. You insult all union members.

People who have American passport. American citizens. Americans. People who live from Seattle to Miami, from Los Angeles to New York, in Alaska and Hawaii and abroad, male and female, white, black, latino, asian, native, gay and straight, who love Michael Jackson and hate him

So you think we ALL had a say in those jobs leaving the country? I don't think so. Try again to answer the question if you can. Or want to.

People who have American passport. American citizens. Americans. People who live from Seattle to Miami, from Los Angeles to New York, in Alaska and Hawaii and abroad, male and female, white, black, latino, asian, native, gay and straight, who love Michael Jackson and hate him

So you think we ALL had a say in those jobs leaving the country? I don't think so. Try again to answer the question if you can. Or want to.
No. Nobody had a say.
You've began to fret over semantics. I've just answered as dumb as you've asked.

Union labor has been replaced with contract workers and part time help to perform menial tasks.

Oil workers aren't union? Defense industry workers aren't union? You might want to check on who is doing the high end manufacturing in this country and the unions those workers represent. Intl Assoc. of Machinists and Aerospace workers would really be insulted by your comments. But that's not news. You insult all union members.
Ahh, there there.....I never stated not implied there were NO union workers, now did I...And I never mentioned the oil business either.
And the facts belie your celebration of union labor....
Now, less than 7% of private sector workers in the US are members of labor collectives. And but for federal rules regarding contracts with the federal government, few if any of these aerospace/defense jobs would be unionized either.
You are arguing both sides.
And I really don't give a shit whether or not a union guy is offended.
I despise labor collectives. I think they are archaic and an unnecessary expense.
Unions have but one purpose. That is to line the pockets of union bosses.
Have you ever seen a poor union management person?
OOOH....One must NEVER "insult" a union member....As if they belong to some kind of exalted class of people. Some elite group that hires people to wipe their ass for them...
Ya knwo what you can do with my insulting of union people? Shove it up your ass.
Unions are on their way out. Or haven't you been paying attention.
Oh, a reminder. Don't mistake this for a discussion. Any response from you will go unread....Because I really don't care what you believe.

Actually, we did.. Workers wanted high wages just to push a broom or a button. They wanted to become employed right out of high school, expect to be given regularly scheduled raises to do menial tasks and be permitted to stay in the same occupation for decades until they retired.
Those days are over because carrying those unskilled or low skilled workers made US based manufacturing businesses non competitive.

Actually, we did.. Workers wanted high wages just to push a broom or a button. They wanted to become employed right out of high school, expect to be given regularly scheduled raises to do menial tasks and be permitted to stay in the same occupation for decades until they retired.
Those days are over because carrying those unskilled or low skilled workers made US based manufacturing businesses non competitive.

I have to agree with you.
But I want to add.
Fish stinks from the head. It has started with Lyndon Johnson. Americans didn't choose him and in my opinion 11/22/1963 a self-destruction mechanism of the US has launched. Since that day Americans have no choice.
just "nike or adidas"
maybe

Forum List

Back