Ebay Is Too Complicated

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Did you ever put an ad on Ebay ? Lots of people have, and judging by the amount of ads there are there, it looks like everybody in America is running an ad there. Here's the problem with Ebay.

1. Too much information. Too many words. This is a common problem with a lot of things nowadays. Young people still in the workforce seem to have the idea that the more words they stuff into something, the better the communication. False. All it does is make what you are looking for, be like a needle in a haystack.
2. Similar to the exhausting multiple menus in telephone calls, it is near impossible to get a live person on the phone. It can be done, but you have to really be diligent and work hard to find that option, and it is only after you have gone into the live chat and talked to their worthless bots, which like the phone multiple menus, offer you 100 things you're not interested in.
3. How much does it cost ? This is hidden deep down in the mouse clicks. Should be the first thing they tell you. (along with their phone #)
4. In general, Ebay is waaay too complicated. I put the same ad in Craigslist (for an electric scooter), and it was simple, direct, and efficient, no problem at all.
5. Ebay kept running my ad as an Auction, and put in a starting bid of $114. Whaat? I'm selling the vehicle for $2,100, not $114. So people were contacting me, offering $114 for the scooter. :rolleyes:
6. All this is very likely the result of people sitting in a conference room and coming up with ideas about what they can do to improve the service, then adding, adding, non-stop adding, making the system bloated. Subtracting would be a better idea.

Did you ever put an ad on Ebay ? Lots of people have, and judging by the amount of ads there are there, it looks like everybody in America is running an ad there. Here's the problem with Ebay.

1. Too much information. Too many words. This is a common problem with a lot of things nowadays. Young people still in the workforce seem to have the idea that the more words they stuff into something, the better the communication. False. All it does is make what you are looking for, be like a needle in a haystack.
2. Similar to the exhausting multiple menus in telephone calls, it is near impossible to get a live person on the phone. It can be done, but you have to really be diligent and work hard to find that option, and it is only after you have gone into the live chat and talked to their worthless bots, which like the phone multiple menus, offer you 100 things you're not interested in.
3. How much does it cost ? This is hidden deep down in the mouse clicks. Should be the first thing they tell you. (along with their phone #)
4. In general, Ebay is waaay too complicated. I put the same ad in Craigslist (for an electric scooter), and it was simple, direct, and efficient, no problem at all.
5. Ebay kept running my ad as an Auction, and put in a starting bid of $114. Whaat? I'm selling the vehicle for $2,100, not $114. So people were contacting me, offering $114 for the scooter. :rolleyes:
6. All this is very likely the result of people sitting in a conference room and coming up with ideas about what they can do to improve the service, then adding, adding, non-stop adding, making the system bloated. Subtracting would be a better idea.
facebook?

Facebook is rife with scammers.
and craigslist????....everything can be a scam....if i can't talk on the phone either buying or selling i just pass quickly..................lot of scammers use 2 first names.....you can tell by FB profiles if it was just created.................or by seeing their selling the same car in all 50 states....lol....................plus sellers get ratings

and craigslist????....everything can be a scam....if i can't talk on the phone either buying or selling i just pass quickly..................lot of scammers use 2 first names.....you can tell by FB profiles if it was just created.................or by seeing their selling the same car in all 50 states....lol....................plus sellers get ratings
I sold 2 guitars on craigslist. Had no problem.

I sell on eBay all the time....No issues at all. :dunno:

I do mostly hunting, fishing, gun parts, knives, .mil collectables, and such.

One hard and fast rule....If you list anything electronic you are putting yourself at risk for a scam.

BTW, "For parts, not working" is your friend.....For example a gun part might be in perfect shape but since I don't know what some shade tree gunsmith is going to do with it I list them all like that. ;)

eBay is fine for the most part

The only things that truly and deeply sucks about them anymore are the shittastic fees they suck out of sellers, and the fact buyers can't leave negative feedback anymore and the system is based around buyers being able to force a refund for any reason they want and the seller can't do much about it.

They report your ass to the IRS also if you sell too much. Few years back I got hit with a like 7,000 dollars tax because eBay reported me after a certain threshold.

When I bought my house I sold a chunk of my video game collection to help with down payment, and to buy supplies to do some work to it. I had to pay a CPA to help me and he got it down to like 300 bucks.

You can put a minimum bid on an item. Quit whining about it.
And who can figure out how to do it (or much of anything else for that matter) Too complex. Too much information. Too wordy. Could have ben a good forum if only they had not crammed so may damn things into it.

Forum List

Back