East coast earthquake

You must always prepare for an eventuality. I always have a jump charger/air compressor in my car along with tools and extra clothes and blanket. Prepared for what may never happen but if it does I am ready. I've been laying out in a field freezing my ass off because I wasn't prepared and I learned from it.

you aren't prepared enough.
You need to have some water and food in storage. and at least one 5 gallon can of gas.
If your law allows keep a firearm in the trunk of your car or locked in your glove box with a box of ammo. And one of those hand held walkie talkies you can get at walmart. or any sporting gun shop you have.

I have an old-fashioned mobile phone in my car. It's almost a given that if you rely on a cell phone during any time of wide-spread emergency, the towers will not be able to accommodate all the calls. But Ma Bell might be just waiting around for a 911 call while people begin smashing their cell phones in frustration.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT REALEASED BY PRESIDENT OBAMA, STRAIGHT FROM THE GOLF COURSE ON MARTHA'S VINEYARD:

"My fellow americans all along the east coast. I fully understand you're scared, as am I.....I want to make this perfectly clear to all of you. I have instructed the scientists at the USGS to fully investigate this incident, and to come up with the means to provide full warning before the "BUSH FAULT" yet agains releases it's energy......Thank you, and may god be with you during this trying time in our nations history"

END OF OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY PRESIDENT OBAMA, FROM THE GOLF COURSE AT MARTHA'S VINEYARD

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Idiot.

it was planned by george bush and dick chenney.:eusa_whistle:

So THAT'S what was being planned when he was at an "Undisclosed Location"??!!!!

:eusa_shhh:

He was in his private "war room," which apparently he explains in his book due on the shelves in a few days. When Bush made the decision to stay in the classroom and not make immediate decisions, Cheney took over. I'm not saying that was the wrong decision, however. Bush also will describe his recollection of that morning, as well as his decision, in an upcoming interview for National Geographic TV, I believe sometime next week. Check your guide.

I've never thought Bush's decision not to freak out those children was the right one. There are always plenty of high-profile advisors who are capable of jumping into action and not just sitting around picking their noses waiting for a split moment decision by the CIC.

There are plans in place for first responders to act without getting presidential approval and they did. Your partisan take on the matter is duly noted.

it was planned by george bush and dick chenney.:eusa_whistle:

No way, man...this is proof positive of man made global warming.

The seismograph data was shaped like a hockey stick.

Either that or Dec 2012 is making an early appearance.

December 2011 is supposed to be the apocalypse FOLLOWING all the predicted disasters. I'm seriously starting to think there's something to it after all. A record number of natural disasters, the Arab spring uprising, the global financial meltdown and another possibly on the horizon, the brutal political division, bloody clashes over ideologies and religion, all lead to worldwide chaos.

Nostradamus Prophecy on WWIII
This link gives the constraints, with explanations using modern vernacular. Fascinating stuff.

So THAT'S what was being planned when he was at an "Undisclosed Location"??!!!!

:eusa_shhh:

He was in his private "war room," which apparently he explains in his book due on the shelves in a few days. When Bush made the decision to stay in the classroom and not make immediate decisions, Cheney took over. I'm not saying that was the wrong decision, however. Bush also will describe his recollection of that morning, as well as his decision, in an upcoming interview for National Geographic TV, I believe sometime next week. Check your guide.

I've never thought Bush's decision not to freak out those children was the right one. There are always plenty of high-profile advisors who are capable of jumping into action and not just sitting around picking their noses waiting for a split moment decision by the CIC.

There are plans in place for first responders to act without getting presidential approval and they did. Your partisan take on the matter is duly noted.

Partisan? I supported Bush's decision, and I'm not usually a big fan of George W. Bush. I think I worded it wrong. Sorry.

Wow I am so shocked a topic totally unrelated to politics has digressed to that on this site.

:rolleyes: cmon...

Getting back to the earthquake, we had another after-shock about 1 AM. Tame, but geez, enough already.

I live in Bethlehem PA and we just felt an earthquake.

Anyone know WTF is going on?

Got Earthquake insurance? I was surprised to find its not in my policy. I'm going to buy an earthquake policy. Here the seismic activity is lower than most anywhere in the country, and from what I've read I can get coverage for about $100 a year. Seems like a small price to pay considering in the extreme unliklihood an earthquake leveled my house - i'd be bankrupt.

Last edited:
I live in Bethlehem PA and we just felt an earthquake.

Anyone know WTF is going on?

Got Earthquake insurance? I was surprised to find its not in my policy. I'm going to buy an earthquake policy. Here the seismic activity is lower than most anywhere in the country, and from what I've read I can get coverage for about $100 a year. Seems like a small price to pay considering in the extreme unliklihood an earthquake leveled my house - i'd be bankrupt.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

I'm sometimes amazed at how little some people think of checking ins and even keeping it.

I used to clean houses, and one of the products/service was a fire retardant to put on fabrics. I went to a home in a cul-de-sac to clean, that had 6 homes, one was burnt, and they were paying out of pocket b/c they owned the home so they dumped thier fire insurance. I had to call in help once I demoed our retardant to one home owner, who then called the rest over.

Nobody's Homeowner's or renter's insurance includes flood protection or earthquake protection. If it did, it would be much more expensive than it already is. You have to buy special riders or separate policies to cover those large scale disaster risks.

Nobody's Homeowner's or renter's insurance includes flood protection or earthquake protection. If it did, it would be much more expensive than it already is. You have to buy special riders or separate policies to cover those large scale disaster risks.

Fire ins is a rider for most home policies.

I think the only thing really covered is theft. [been awhile though]

Fire ins is a rider for most home policies.

I think the only thing really covered is theft. [been awhile though]

I've seen a LOT of Homeowners and Renter policies and I've never seen one that doesn't cover fire. Fire, wind, and hail coverage is generally the core of such policies. Theft and burglary is also included but may be more specifically defined.

But even policies covering 'all perils' wil still exclude coverage for loss in specific areas: riot, war, earthquake, flood, etc.

Everybody should get out and actually read their policies and ask for clarification from their agent if they don't understand any of the wording. Too many people think they are covered for things they are not and don't find out until it is too late.

My error.

"I've never thought Bush's decision not to freak out those children was the right one."

S/H/B "I've always..."

Or

"I've never thought Bush's decision not to freak out those children was the right one."

S/H/B "...was the wrong one."

No wonder I confused everyone. Forty lashes.

Forum List

Back