Naturalization Oath of Allegiance

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dilloduck, May 19, 2006.

1. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Oath:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

2. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    This is a wild pledge. Kind of scary. I like the allegiance part to america part, but some of it is big brothery.

Could all existing americans pass this test? What about Jews who have a dual citizenship with Israel. Could they pass it?

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    All my great grandparents managed to pass it. Just so people now what OTHER immigrants have been willing to do to live in America.