Anthem Tantrum: Trump Disinvites Eagles From White House

i think if North Korea bombs us the military should kneel down and let the NFL players handle it!

Why? The players are protesting domestic issues, not the military.

Do it on their own time.

I don't recall the NFL punishing them last year or intentionally lying about their cause. Now they're not even required to leave the locker room.

Because now they see the results. Less viewership, less support, and less people attending games. In other words, the result was less revenue, so they decided to try and do something about it.

i think if North Korea bombs us the military should kneel down and let the NFL players handle it!

But the military like most real Americans take offense when they protest in front of our flag or during the singing of the Anthem. The flag is a representation of this country and it's people. To disrespect our flag is to disrespect Americans that hold it dear to their hearts.

Why don't they protest outside the stadium before the game, after the game, or on their own time? The reason is THEY DO want to offend many Americans--not just the cops.

The NFL players, the police, the victims and their families are all real Americans and deserve the protections afforded to us by our Constitution. Among them is the right to protest. These are rights the military fights and dies for. The owners decided not to punish the players last year so why do you insist that they do it on their own time. Shouldn't the owners decide what they can or cannot do on company time?

Yes they should and they did.

The US Constitution protects your right to not have your free speech stopped by the government. It doesn't say anything about private industry.

I can't go to work Monday and tell my boss he's a complete asshole, and he can't do anything to me because I have free speech. I have protection from government stopping my free speech, but not from anybody else.

What about Tim Tebow? He kneeled his ass off.

28ebdbae9e616c9389fd4b997bdb11f1.jpg

Last edited:
Not familiar with the case, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, the officer was charged.

In no way am I saying there aren't bad cops. What I'm saying is that race isn't part of it. A bad cop will be a bad cop to white or black people.

Yes, the players are ignorant. I would be willing to bet if you asked them for a particular case they are protesting, they couldn't give you one, or if they did, it was investigated, found justified, or it went to court and a jury found an officer not guilty.

These meat heads are media puppets. The media tells them how to think, and they just believe it. For instance when a cop kills an unarmed white, it's not a national story, so as far as they are concerned, it never happens. It only happens to black people.

I disagree about the players but I do agree with you that it isn't a race thing in every case. In some cases it is the only reason for police involvement. The players are justified in protesting but I think that NFL, NBA, MLB, players have a big enough podium that they can protest off the field and still have their voices heard. Time and place.

And I would totally support that; most Republicans would. I may disagree with them, I still may consider them ignorant, but I would support their right to do it off the field.

For instance I'm a loyal listener to a local radio host by the name of Bob Frantz. He was going on and on about how he wished LaBoob would leave the team because of his feelings about Trump and the kneelers. I disagree with him. I think LaBoob can say anything he wants about it. He has that right. He didn't protest, he only voiced an opinion. He didn't do it during a game. He was asked about it after the game and I support his right to what he said.

The problem for these people is they don't even know where their paychecks come from. They think they became millionaires just because they mastered a child's game. The truth is they became millionaires because of the support of their audience and followers.

If an entertainer (jock, musician, actor or actress) takes a political stance, they piss off some people and get support from others. If they just kept their political opinions to themselves, they pissed off nobody. All those people are how they make their money. Why piss any one of them off? It's a stupid thing to do.

So you just perfer they keep quiet.

Plumbers should just work on pipes, bakers should just bake things, cooks should just cook food, mechanics should just work on engines.

When you become a professional athlete,you do not give up your right to state your opinion any more than the plumber, baker, cook or mechanic does.
Why you guys care so much is puzzling.

Again, does your boss (or do you if you own a business) play the national anthem before every work day? Do you all stand at attention? If Jennifer in accounting didn't stand would she get fired (or should she get fired in your opinion)? The NFL does do this...and for some reason the actions of a very few of it's employees somehow tarnishes the whole product when, in point and fact, they are showing a form of patriotism that 99.9% of other businesses do not do.

If my mechanic, plumber or electrician came to my house boasting how they hate Trump and Obama was the greatest, I can fire them no questions asked. I didn't pay them for their political opinion; they are welcome to have that off the job. I pay them to do work that I need to be done. If I complain to their employer, and he tells his workers to keep their politics to themselves, and they disobey his orders, the employer has the right to fire them.

Likewise, they have the right to tell you to buzz off.

Again, why in the world would it matter what their opinion about politics was...it's your pipes that are (or should be) important?

Because politics can be very offensive, that's why. Let me ask: how would you feel about conservative players kneeling in protest of gay marriages or gay adoption? If a gay person has an appliance repair man at his or her home, and he spouts off about how immoral gay marriages are, they should be free to express their thoughts as long as your dishwasher gets fixed?

Last edited:
Not familiar with the case, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, the officer was charged.

In no way am I saying there aren't bad cops. What I'm saying is that race isn't part of it. A bad cop will be a bad cop to white or black people.

Yes, the players are ignorant. I would be willing to bet if you asked them for a particular case they are protesting, they couldn't give you one, or if they did, it was investigated, found justified, or it went to court and a jury found an officer not guilty.

These meat heads are media puppets. The media tells them how to think, and they just believe it. For instance when a cop kills an unarmed white, it's not a national story, so as far as they are concerned, it never happens. It only happens to black people.

I disagree about the players but I do agree with you that it isn't a race thing in every case. In some cases it is the only reason for police involvement. The players are justified in protesting but I think that NFL, NBA, MLB, players have a big enough podium that they can protest off the field and still have their voices heard. Time and place.

And I would totally support that; most Republicans would. I may disagree with them, I still may consider them ignorant, but I would support their right to do it off the field.

For instance I'm a loyal listener to a local radio host by the name of Bob Frantz. He was going on and on about how he wished LaBoob would leave the team because of his feelings about Trump and the kneelers. I disagree with him. I think LaBoob can say anything he wants about it. He has that right. He didn't protest, he only voiced an opinion. He didn't do it during a game. He was asked about it after the game and I support his right to what he said.

The problem for these people is they don't even know where their paychecks come from. They think they became millionaires just because they mastered a child's game. The truth is they became millionaires because of the support of their audience and followers.

If an entertainer (jock, musician, actor or actress) takes a political stance, they piss off some people and get support from others. If they just kept their political opinions to themselves, they pissed off nobody. All those people are how they make their money. Why piss any one of them off? It's a stupid thing to do.

Plumbers should just work on pipes, bakers should just bake things, cooks should just cook food, mechanics should just work on engines.

When you become a professional athlete,you do not give up your right to state your opinion any more than the plumber, baker, cook or mechanic does.

Again, does your boss (or do you if you own a business) play the national anthem before every work day? Do you all stand at attention? If Jennifer in accounting didn't stand would she get fired (or should she get fired in your opinion)? The NFL does do this...and for some reason the actions of a very few of it's employees somehow tarnishes the whole product when, in point and fact, they are showing a form of patriotism that 99.9% of other businesses do not do.

If my mechanic, plumber or electrician came to my house boasting how they hate Trump and Obama was the greatest, I can fire them no questions asked. I didn't pay them for their political opinion; they are welcome to have that off the job. I pay them to do work that I need to be done. If I complain to their employer, and he tells his workers to keep their politics to themselves, and they disobey his orders, the employer has the right to fire them.

NFL players are hired to play the game - not all that other bullshit. Therefore, they have a 1st Amendment right to quietly protest prior to the game. After all - Tebow took a knee and no one complained. Oh, and Tebow wasn't protesting racial injustice.

maxresdefault.jpg

I guess you don't understand the difference between protesting our police officers and praying to God?

It's not the kneeling that's offensive, it's why you kneel that is.

NFL players are hired to play the game - not all that other bullshit. Therefore, they have a 1st Amendment right to quietly protest prior to the game. After all - Tebow took a knee and no one complained. Oh, and Tebow wasn't protesting racial injustice.

maxresdefault.jpg

I guess you don't understand the difference between protesting our police officers and praying to God?

You mean protesting racial injustice? The statistics speak for themselves.

maxresdefault.jpg

Statistics only tell a small part of the story. If you have more blacks per capita in prison than whites, it's not because laws or treatment are different with blacks, it's because blacks commit more crime. Leftists refuse to believe that. They'd rather make up stories in their heads.

maxresdefault.jpg

Statistics only tell a small part of the story. If you have more blacks per capita in prison than whites, it's not because laws or treatment are different with blacks, it's because blacks commit more crime. Leftists refuse to believe that. They'd rather make up stories in their heads.

I suggest you study the statistics associated with sentences as well as jury make up—Duke university had a great series on it

Again, why in the world would it matter what their opinion about politics was...it's your pipes that are (or should be) important?

Because politics can be very offensive, that's why. Let me ask: how would you feel about conservative players kneeling in protest of gay marriages or gay adoption? If a gay person has an appliance repair man at his or her home, and he spouts off about how immoral gay marriages are, they should be free to express their thoughts as long as your dishwasher gets fixed?

Yes. Not sure why anyone would worry otherwise. I eat at Chik film A, will shop at Hobby Lobby if I need something they sell, loved Boss when it was on, etc.... Never worried about the politics of the store or the star of the show. If it bothers you...okay. Stop being a snowflake

Do it on their own time.

I don't recall the NFL punishing them last year or intentionally lying about their cause. Now they're not even required to leave the locker room.
Yeah, the NFL fked up. They paid for it! Why they came out early now

Labron James, were you not paying attention, or did you just forget? The "Trump Curse" is real!! Maybe next time you'll keep the trash talking to the court and show some respect for President America

Yes. Not sure why anyone would worry otherwise. I eat at Chik film A, will shop at Hobby Lobby if I need something they sell, loved Boss when it was on, etc.... Never worried about the politics of the store or the star of the show. If it bothers you...okay. Stop being a snowflake

Having a political stance is different than kneeling in disrespect of our country.

maxresdefault.jpg

I suggest you study the statistics associated with sentences as well as jury make up—Duke university had a great series on it

Sentencing works the same way. All they show you is the results of sentencing instead of the characteristics of each.

Having a political stance is different than kneeling in disrespect of our country.

Let me fix this for you:

"Having a political stance I agree with is different than kneeling for one I don't, so I view it as disrespecting the country."

There you go!

maxresdefault.jpg

Sentencing works the same way. All they show you is the results of sentencing instead of the characteristics of each.

Wrong. You have no idea just how ignorant that statement is. That statement is like calling the Grand Canyon a pot hole. Your example is the perfect reason why people do need a college education. If you think criminal sentencing is the same for all races, you've hit an all new low.

Kneeling is a political statement. Again it does nothing against you. Man up

Kneeling is a political statement. Again it does nothing against you. Man up

I support our police. I support our military. I support our flag. If you are against our police, military or country, then maybe it's time to pack your bags and find another place to live. Go find any other country that allows you to make millions of dollars playing a kids game, and still allows you to protest it at the same time.

Wrong. You have no idea just how ignorant that statement is. That statement is like calling the Grand Canyon a pot hole. Your example is the perfect reason why people do need a college education. If you think criminal sentencing is the same for all races, you've hit an all new low.

It's quite amusing when somebody with such limited reading comprehension skills talks about others needing an advanced education.

Let me fix this for you:

"Having a political stance I agree with is different than kneeling for one I don't, so I view it as disrespecting the country."

There you go!

The American flag does represent the country. You disrespect our flag, then you disrespect the country.

It's quite amusing when somebody with such limited reading comprehension skills talks about others needing an advanced education.

You think sentencing is the same. It's by far not. Even when there are laws with "mandatory" sentences, they are often times targeted towards a particular racial group, like those that make crack laws carry harsher sentences than cocaine crimes.

Forum List

Back