Each according to his ability, to each according to his need

To say Marx failed is to say Christianity failed. Yet, both are still here.

Marx and Jesus (the Bible)

Matthew 25:15 And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to each according to his ability. And he went abroad at once.

Acts 2:45 And they sold their possessions and goods and distributed them to all, according as anyone had need.

Acts 4:32-35 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, and laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You should read the parable:

The Parable of the Talents

14“For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants [3] and entrusted to them his property.

15 To one he gave five talents, [4] to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away.

16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more.

17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more.

18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money.

19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them.

20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.’

21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. [5] You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more.’

23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed,

25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.’

26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed?

27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest.

28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents.

29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Like I've said before, Christians are notoriously ignorant of their own religions teachings

In the Parable of the Talents (note: in this case, "talents" are a unit of currency), the morality of the man who went on the journey was being criticized, and the morality of the servant (who told the truth about his master) was being praised. The Bible has many stories about people being punished by other people for doing the right think (ex Christ himself).

IOW, you got it completely wrong

Last edited:

Matthew 25:15 And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to each according to his ability. And he went abroad at once.

Acts 2:45 And they sold their possessions and goods and distributed them to all, according as anyone had need.

Acts 4:32-35 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, and laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Even the devil can quote scripture and twist it to justify his evil ways.

Ahh, the evil Bible quotes paradox.

To say Marx failed is to say Christianity failed. Yet, both are still here.[/url]

are both still here? christianity is, for sure.

but marxism? .

If I apply your logic, Christianity is not here, because few believe it on the globe, christ is not here. I never said Marx was here 100%, you did with your own assumption. For something to fail, wouldn't you think it would meet the standard of fail? In this case, be nonexistent? A look at all the social programs tells you Marx hasn't failed, it is in fact getting bigger each day in America. :eusa_angel:

Sure. I'm always willing to help the cognitively challenged

Jesus Christ was a man who preached peace (or so they say). Christians who reject Christs' message of peace demonstrate that christianity does not promote peace; it promotes strife.

That's why christians have killed so many other christians, and continue to do so
Again, aside from you lame attempts at ad hominem and the non sequiturs, it still makes no sense. Perhaps if you looked at the definition of Christian (one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ - Merriam-Webster), you might see the nonsense in your post.

But, I'm not so sure about your seeing that with your posting close to nothing but logical fallacies.

I'm not surprised at your inability to understand simple concepts. Christians are not known for their intelligence.

And many christians "profess" a belief in Christs' teachings, but this thread proves that those same christians will not hesitate to ignore said teachings.
Good grief. I'll try to dumb it down more for you.

If one ignores Christ's teachings and proclaims themsleves a Christian, you believe that is evidence that Christianity is a non-peaceful religion.

Okie doke, Mr. Non sequitur.

:lol:

Where does it say the state should decide your needs?

Where does it say Marx died on the cross?

Matthew 25:15

This was parable was to show that God expects us to make something of ourselves with the "talents" he gave us.

That way we can help others OURSELVES, rather than have the gov't take it and disperse it to whom they see fit.

Personally I think the gov't takes more and more from those who have something to give, and that leaves nothing for us, the taxpayers, to give. Frankly, its disheartening....

Good point. I am fairly certain God would think governmentally required 'compassion' would kind of defeat the purpose.

Like I've said before, Christians are notoriously ignorant of their own religions teachings

In the Parable of the Talents (note: in this case, "talents" are a unit of currency), the morality of the man who went on the journey was being criticized, and the morality of the servant (who told the truth about his master) was being praised. The Bible has many stories about people being punished by other people for doing the right think (ex Christ himself).

IOW, you got it completely wrong

Strange interpretation. I used Wiki as an unbiased source for the traditional interpretation.

As a teaching for Christians

Traditionally, the parable of the talents has been seen as an exhortation to Jesus' disciples to use their God-given gifts in the service of God, and to take risks for the sake of the Kingdom of God.[1] These gifts have been seen to include personal abilities ("talents" in the everyday sense), as well as personal wealth.[1] Failure to use one's gifts, the parable suggests, will result in judgement.[1]
The poet John Milton was fascinated by the parable (interpreted in this traditional sense),[11] referring to it repeatedly, notably in the sonnet "On His Blindness":[11]
When I consider how my light is spent
Ere half my days, in this dark world and wide,
And that one talent, which is death to hide,
Lodged with me useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present
My true account, lest He, returning, chide

This interpretation seems to be the origin of the word "talent" used for an aptitude or skill.[12]
Parable of the talents or minas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Where does it say the state should decide your needs?

Where does it say Marx died on the cross?
:wtf:

Frazzledgear, that was an awesome post!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have said it before and I will say it again.

"It is not charity when it is not voluntary."

"There is no honor in involuntary "giving"

Some quotes from the above post:
Christianity is NOT a requirement on the individual to allow others to steal from him
Leviticus 27:30–32
30 i“Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord’s; it is holy to the Lord. 31 If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it. 32 And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that jpass under the herdsman’s staff, shall be holy to the Lord.

the first person to recognize this was Marx himself who believed ALL religions were INCOMPATIBLE with communism!
He wasn't communist.

TAKING from others is STEALING and a violation of God's immutable, unchanging law and the 8th Commandment
30 i“Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord’s; it is holy to the Lord. 31 If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it. 32 And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that jpass under the herdsman’s staff, shall be holy to the Lord.

the ASININE assumption that whatever GOVERNMENT deems to be "good" would also count as a "good" by God

Why is it so difficult for some people to see the difference between individual actions and government actions? Between voluntary and enforced action?

Communism is the devil's religion because it decieve the people who don't understand what the Lord's trying to teach by immitating it just enough and then throwing in enough to destroy ones soul.

Who is talking about communism?

Charity can never be born out of the barrel of a gun or from the clang of a prison cell door. Only theft.

Frazzledgear, that was an awesome post!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have said it before and I will say it again.

"It is not charity when it is not voluntary."

"There is no honor in involuntary "giving"

Some quotes from the above post:
Christianity is NOT a requirement on the individual to allow others to steal from him

He wasn't communist.

the ASININE assumption that whatever GOVERNMENT deems to be "good" would also count as a "good" by God

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
2 Thessalonians 3:10

Why is it so difficult for some people to see the difference between individual actions and government actions? Between voluntary and enforced action?

Communism is the devil's religion because it decieve the people who don't understand what the Lord's trying to teach by immitating it just enough and then throwing in enough to destroy ones soul.
When a rich man approached Jesus and asked him what he needed to do to be saved, Jesus told him to give away everything and follow him.

He didn't take the man's possessions and force him to follow. He asked him to voluntarily give it up.

The man chose to keep his wealth. Chose. Christ didn't force him to give it away to the poor... like communism and all it's collectivist ilk do.

The Christian Utopia is a theocratic dictatorship featuring total repression of all dissent. The Christian philosophy is naturally antagonistic to liberty and democracy.

It is? Who is our Dictator? Jesus????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No. The father. The genocidal maniac from the ot. Jesus sits at his right hand.
A dictator is a ruler (e.g. absolutist or autocratic) who assumes sole and absolute power (sometimes but not always with military control) but, without hereditary ascension such as an absolute monarch.

Bow or burn. Rebel or complain and Michael will lead God's army in campaign to suppress all dissent.

This is the Heaven the Christians look forward to.

Forum List

Back