Each according to his ability, to each according to his need

Why is it so difficult for some people to see the difference between individual actions and government actions? Between voluntary and enforced action?

Communism is the devil's religion because it decieve the people who don't understand what the Lord's trying to teach by immitating it just enough and then throwing in enough to destroy ones soul.
When a rich man approached Jesus and asked him what he needed to do to be saved, Jesus told him to give away everything and follow him.

He didn't take the man's possessions and force him to follow. He asked him to voluntarily give it up.

The man chose to keep his wealth. Chose. Christ didn't force him to give it away to the poor... like communism and all it's collectivist ilk do.
If he refused, he went to hell for eternity.... kinda makes a gun to the head look like nothing, don't ya think?

Romans 13 (New International Version, ©2010)

Romans 13
Submission to Governing Authorities

1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear

Where does it say the state should decide your needs?

Where does it say Marx died on the cross?
:wtf:

I know you are having trouble following this. The question is irrelevant about the state, and does not matter to the first subject of this post. He might as well asked, well why is the sky blue? It doesn't matter.

And the obvious answer I am sure he has received over & over is the General Welfare clause. Can you say Troll?

Matthew 25:15

This was parable was to show that God expects us to make something of ourselves with the "talents" he gave us.

That way we can help others OURSELVES, rather than have the gov't take it and disperse it to whom they see fit.

Personally I think the gov't takes more and more from those who have something to give, and that leaves nothing for us, the taxpayers, to give. Frankly, its disheartening....

Good point. I am fairly certain God would think governmentally required 'compassion' would kind of defeat the purpose.

You would be wrong

Leviticus 27:30–32
30 i“Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord’s; it is holy to the Lord. 31 If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it. 32 And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that jpass under the herdsman’s staff, shall be holy to the Lord.

If he refused, he went to hell for eternity.... kinda makes a gun to the head look like nothing, don't ya think?

Oh really? And you know this how?

The scriptures provide us with one brief glimpse of a conversation between this man and Christ and you are condemning him to hell. (not even going to address if your perception of hell is accurate).

Do you know what happened the rest of his life? Perhaps the rich man woke up after a time and then did give away his wealth and live a life for Christ.

God has given us liberty for us to choose life or death. If you don't like that, then you don't understand that plan.

Frazzledgear, that was an awesome post!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have said it before and I will say it again.

"It is not charity when it is not voluntary."

"There is no honor in involuntary "giving"

Some quotes from the above post:

30 i“Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord’s; it is holy to the Lord. 31 If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it. 32 And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that jpass under the herdsman’s staff, shall be holy to the Lord.

He wasn't communist.

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
2 Thessalonians 3:10

Who isn't working? What did he mean by work? Did the disabled & infants starve? You are headed down a slippery slope where Liberals hold all the cards. Nice try by the way.

My thought exactly.... you cant debate an idiot.

The idiot is you, dumbass, put at least you are predictable, run out of material, turn to personal attacks.

No... I just know when to walk away from a dying cause.

You can think Jesus was a liberal all ya want.... he will forgive you for it.

He is knocking at the door to your heart and all ya have to do is open the door.... he still loves you.

And I do too.... in a non-gay kinda way :lol:

Merry CHRISTMAS Shintao!

I need $50 million and a Gulfstream V.

Please give it to me.

I am pretty amazing, but not that amazing, so I need you to give it to me.

Thanks.

Well, there iare some similarity and differences between Marxism and Christianity....

First off, both proposes some type of coming paradise. Marx claims that man can build it here. Christians claims that man can recieve it after he dies.

Second, there is a "die hard" following that the two have created. Communist will stop at nothing to spread their ideas and create converts. Most modern Christians do stop before using actual violence on those they wish to convert.

Third, they both can be described as a personality cult. Marxist cult of personality changes with the time. Once it was Stalin, then Mao, then Castro(hey Marxist, don't you think it is time to pick some one that is nice for a change??? ) The Christian personality cult is always based on the same person--Jesus.

My thought exactly.... you cant debate an idiot.

The idiot is you, dumbass, put at least you are predictable, run out of material, turn to personal attacks.

No... I just know when to walk away from a dying cause.

You can think Jesus was a liberal all ya want.... he will forgive you for it.

He is knocking at the door to your heart and all ya have to do is open the door.... he still loves you.

And I do too.... in a non-gay kinda way :lol:

Merry CHRISTMAS Shintao!

Interesting that the con philosophy has been able to turn their god into everything they believe, so the end justifys the means. I would bet their preachers at the pulpit reading Rush & O'Rielly to the service. Tsk!

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

Who isn't working? What did he mean by work? Did the disabled & infants starve? You are headed down a slippery slope where Liberals hold all the cards. Nice try by the way.

To work is to provide for your needs... idiot

And the children and dependents of a person are that person's responsibility.... just as your personal well being is your responsibility

Jesus and biblical teachings call for the personal choice to follow the call of God... not for any forced cooperation by manly manipulation... and while there can be repercussions in the kingdom of God for the actions one does of their own free will in this life, it is our choice or calling to do what is asked to receive God's blessing in the Christian religion...

There is no advocating forced charity at the hand of the government of man... and there is no admonishment of those feeling charitable by the confiscation of that which is accumulated by others... you don't get your 'blessing' when it is not you being freely charitable with your own holdings

It is not nice to remind right wing "christians" that Jesus was a bleeding heart liberal humanitarian...
Why do you support forcing people to undertake the Christian value of Charity?
What other Christian values do you support forcing others to follow?
Why do you support the violation of the Establishment Clause?

To say Marx failed is to say Christianity failed. Yet, both are still here.

Marx and Jesus (the Bible)

Matthew 25:15 And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to each according to his ability. And he went abroad at once.

Acts 2:45 And they sold their possessions and goods and distributed them to all, according as anyone had need.

Acts 4:32-35 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, and laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Even the devil can quote scripture and twist it to justify his evil ways.

Ahh, the evil Bible quotes paradox.
Don't hear people quoting Philemon lately to justify slavery much do you? Used to be VERY common.

So yes. The evil can.

Why is it so difficult for some people to see the difference between individual actions and government actions? Between voluntary and enforced action?

Communism is the devil's religion because it decieve the people who don't understand what the Lord's trying to teach by immitating it just enough and then throwing in enough to destroy ones soul.
When a rich man approached Jesus and asked him what he needed to do to be saved, Jesus told him to give away everything and follow him.

He didn't take the man's possessions and force him to follow. He asked him to voluntarily give it up.

The man chose to keep his wealth. Chose. Christ didn't force him to give it away to the poor... like communism and all it's collectivist ilk do.

I don't tithe and I'm a Christian. God does not force me, nor does he bless me according to the rules of Tithing. And are you saying that government is God?

Explains your comprehension problem.

I don't tithe and I'm a Christian. God does not force me, nor does he bless me according to the rules of Tithing. And are you saying that government is God?

Explains your comprehension problem.

A god of a different name to some. I am not a follower of the christian either, which has nothing to do with this exercise. You are allowed to write about christians without being one yourself, and this comparison is about Marx & Christians. That for some, neither has failed. Well, read the first posting for detail of this thread.

To work is to provide for your needs... idiot

That idea exists in your mind, imbecile. There are many reasons to work, and many types of work, dumb ass, and obviously you can't defend your point of view, butt fuck. I beat your ass hands down & blind folded, ya village idiot!!!:lol::lol:

And the children and dependents of a person are that person's responsibility.... just as your personal well being is your responsibility

That sounds like BS, doesn't it? Your statement might be correct if you lived in the middle of a desert and shunned society, but you are a taker. You are a taker of society & dip your ladle often from the spring you didn't dig.

Jesus and biblical teachings call for the personal choice to follow the call of God... not for any forced cooperation by manly manipulation... and while there can be repercussions in the kingdom of God for the actions one does of their own free will in this life, it is our choice or calling to do what is asked to receive God's blessing in the Christian religion...

The bible says many things, and you only offer a skewed interpretation of con-god. Of course, you drove a mile off the subject, nd I made my point already, that Marx and christianity have no failed.

There is no advocating forced charity at the hand of the government of man... and there is no admonishment of those feeling charitable by the confiscation of that which is accumulated by others... you don't get your 'blessing' when it is not you being freely charitable with your own holdings

No force, you pay taxes voluntarily and pay tithe voluntarily. No one forces you to do anything. Free will dude.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back