Duty to retreat v Stand your ground

Both were cowardly chicken shits, and needed a gun to go outside to feel safe. Both wanted to be seen as heroes, and both are murderers.
Both survived violent up close hands on attacks and used their lawfully concealed firearm to stop the attack.

This law makes me sick. I want black people to go taunt whites into pushing them down. Make sure you have someone video tape the white pushing the black person down. And then claim stand your ground.

I'll guarantee you they will change their tune on this then. I was watching the pundits on TV last night and I wanted to throw up. They were saying all bets are off after the guy was shoved to the ground. Doesn't matter if the black guy is backing away. Too late. He already did the violent act. Now whitey gets to kill him.

This is the most blatant racist law we have on our books. Or, it's racist how it's applied. I guarantee you if a white pushed a black and the black shot him dead the black would go to prison.

Here is the truth....actual statistics on the topic....

What liberal media won't tell you -- blacks benefit most from Stand Your Ground laws

But the debate has everything backwards over who benefits from the law. Poor blacks who live in high crime urban areas are not only the most likely victims of crime, they are also the ones who benefit the most from Stand Your Ground laws. It makes it easier for them to protect themselves when the police can't be there fast enough. Rules that make self-defense more difficult would impact blacks the most.

Blacks may make up just 16.6 percent of Florida's population, but they account for over 31 percent of the state's defendants invoking a Stand Your Ground defense. Black defendants who invoke this statute to justify their actions are acquitted 8 percent more frequently than whites who use that same defense.

Prior to "Stand Your Ground," citizens had to retreat as far as possible and then announce to the criminal that they were going to shoot. The "Stand Your Ground" law drops the original requirement to retreat. But lethal force is still only justified when a reasonable person would believe that an attacker intends to inflict serious bodily harm or death. The law doesn't protect anyone who provokes a confrontation.

Don't tell me about the law. Your bias for guns over human life is sickening. You're one piece of shit.

Both were cowardly chicken shits, and needed a gun to go outside to feel safe. Both wanted to be seen as heroes, and both are murderers.
Both survived violent up close hands on attacks and used their lawfully concealed firearm to stop the attack.

This law makes me sick. I want black people to go taunt whites into pushing them down. Make sure you have someone video tape the white pushing the black person down. And then claim stand your ground.

I'll guarantee you they will change their tune on this then. I was watching the pundits on TV last night and I wanted to throw up. They were saying all bets are off after the guy was shoved to the ground. Doesn't matter if the black guy is backing away. Too late. He already did the violent act. Now whitey gets to kill him.

This is the most blatant racist law we have on our books. Or, it's racist how it's applied. I guarantee you if a white pushed a black and the black shot him dead the black would go to prison.

What liberal media won't tell you -- blacks benefit most from Stand Your Ground laws

But the debate has everything backwards over who benefits from the law. Poor blacks who live in high crime urban areas are not only the most likely victims of crime, they are also the ones who benefit the most from Stand Your Ground laws. It makes it easier for them to protect themselves when the police can't be there fast enough. Rules that make self-defense more difficult would impact blacks the most.

Blacks may make up just 16.6 percent of Florida's population, but they account for over 31 percent of the state's defendants invoking a Stand Your Ground defense. Black defendants who invoke this statute to justify their actions are acquitted 8 percent more frequently than whites who use that same defense.

Prior to "Stand Your Ground," citizens had to retreat as far as possible and then announce to the criminal that they were going to shoot. The "Stand Your Ground" law drops the original requirement to retreat. But lethal force is still only justified when a reasonable person would believe that an attacker intends to inflict serious bodily harm or death. The law doesn't protect anyone who provokes a confrontation.

Don't tell me about the law. Your bias for guns over human life is sickening. You're one piece of shit.

I gave you links to actual research....you don't care about facts, truth or reality..... the law says you are wrong...not me.

I gave you links to actual research....you don't care about facts, truth or reality..... the law says you are wrong...not me.
The law is flawed

The law is flawed

No, it isn't. You should not be held responsible f you are attacked in the street.....that is all Stand Your Ground does.......it says you don't have to prove to a court that you had no way to escape..you are not the one on trial........you simply have to show you were the victim.

The law is flawed

If you are in public and someone attacks you....do you think you should be the one held liable? That is what happens in states without stand your ground laws.......a prosecutor can take you to court even if you were the victim......then you have to prove you are innocent.....you lose your assumption of innocence in that you have to prove you could not retreat. You are on the hook, even though you were the one attacked.

How is that not flawed?

The law is flawed

No, it isn't. You should not be held responsible f you are attacked in the street.....that is all Stand Your Ground does.......it says you don't have to prove to a court that you had no way to escape..you are not the one on trial........you simply have to show you were the victim.

The problem with that is if the person is black and used this bull crap Stand Your Ground..... They go to jail. Just like Melissa Alexander gets 20 years for firing warning shot.

Fla. woman Marissa Alexander gets 20 years for "warning shot": Did she stand her ground? - CBS News

The law is flawed

The problem with that is if the person is black and used this bull crap Stand Your Ground..... They go to jail. Just like Melissa Alexander gets 20 years for firing warning shot.

Fla. woman Marissa Alexander gets 20 years for "warning shot": Did she stand her ground? - CBS News

You just saw the link....that gave you the actual statistics..........Here it is again....

The law is flawed

You just saw the link....that gave you the actual statistics..........Here it is again....

Law doesn’t make sense guy.

The law is flawed

Your statement is correct. If I'm assaulted by being pushed, I'm likely to punch the guy in the nose, and be ready with a left hook if he doesn't back off. I'm not going to knock him down and kick him in the head until he stops breathing.

The law is flawed

Reasonable force is the law. Even when Stand your Ground is on the books. The A-Hole in question committed first degree murder. Every defense atty. will argue he was fearful for his life. No doubt, he is a coward, who else feels the need to carry a gun all of the time.

But the video shows he was 10 feet or so away and pointing his gun at the victim, and not shooting is an example of Reasonable Force! Give him the needle!

The law is flawed

Reasonable force is the law. Even when Stand your Ground is on the books. The A-Hole in question committed first degree murder. Every defense atty. will argue he was fearful for his life. No doubt, he is a coward, who else feels the need to carry a gun all of the time.

But the video shows he was 10 feet or so away and pointing his gun at the victim, and not shooting is an example of Reasonable Force! Give him the needle!

Investigators proved otherwise and pressed no charges

The law is flawed

If you are in public and someone attacks you....do you think you should be the one held liable? That is what happens in states without stand your ground laws.......a prosecutor can take you to court even if you were the victim......then you have to prove you are innocent.....you lose your assumption of innocence in that you have to prove you could not retreat. You are on the hook, even though you were the one attacked.

How is that not flawed?

The right law is somewhere in between. The shooter in this situation did not need to shoot. He should be in jail.

The guy needed to have someone knock him on his ass. He was harassing people in the parking lot. And besides, once he got knocked down the aggressor stopped being aggressive.

This was not equal force. You sir are a coward, pussy and probably a racist.

The law is flawed

And give 2aguy the needle too.

They are going to change this law now after this incident. It needs to be tweeked.

Florida's 'stand your ground' law under scrutiny after father killed

The State Attorney's Office is expected to review the case and make the final decision on whether it falls within the claim of self-defense

And this shooter is not out of the woods yet.

Drejka could be seen firing at McGlockton as the young father stepped away.

"Markeis should not have gone up and slammed this guy to the ground. Markeis wouldn't be dead if Markeis didn’t slam this guy to the ground," Gualtieri added. "So Markeis has got skin in this game, too. And the reason why it makes it justified, and within the framework of 'stand your ground,' is because of what Markeis did."

He said that it will fall on the state to determine whether Drejka was "not entitled to use force in this circumstance."

The sheriff, however, said the circumstances surrounding the shooting were not clear-cut.

"There is a pause — even if it's only for a couple seconds — there is a pause between the time Drejka hits the ground and he shoots. That pause gives me pause," Gualtieri said. "That pause gives me some concern. And it goes back to what I said when I opened: just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

"He wasn’t out there looking for trouble, but he would stand up for his family and that’s exactly what he did. As a man, if you see someone confronting someone that you love, what are you gonna’ do? You’re gonna’ run to their defense. You’re gonna try to protect them."

Michele Rayner, a lawyer representing the dead man's family, added that Drejka was so close to Jacobs’ car door that she would have hit him had she opened it.

"So would he have shot her then?" Rayner said. "If anyone was really standing their ground or defending someone, Mr. McGlockton was defending his family.

Another Circle A customer, Rick Kelly, told NBC affiliate WFLA that he encountered Drejka in a similar situation a couple of months ago. Kelly said he had pulled into that same handicap spot and Drejka began inspecting his decals to see if he had the right to be there. The situation escalated.

"He was basically threatening to shoot me that day," Kelly said.

And in 2012, Tyler Smith, 18, accused a driver later identified as Drejka of hanging a gun outside of his truck window during a road rage incident in Palm Harbor, northwest of Tampa, according to law enforcement documents obtained by NBC News.

Smith, whose account was corroborated by his passenger, told a Pinellas County sheriff’s deputy that Drejka began yelling and honking at him when he stopped at a yellow traffic light, the documents say.

Smith said Drejka then dangled a black handgun from his driver’s side window and placed two magazines on his truck’s dashboard.

"But I think there is a real possibility that the state attorney general will look at this and [say]...'You know what, it shouldn't be our decision as prosecutors to say whether or not this was a proper use of stand your ground law,'" Goldman said. "We have a jury of peers in this country for a reason. Let's present this to the jury and let them decide."

A 2015 study in the journal Social Science & Medicine found that a person charged in such cases is twice as likely to be convicted of a crime if they killed a white victim as opposed to a minority.

The law is flawed

No...he didn't.... you have one view of the shove, and you weren't the guy shoved.... you don't know what you are talking about.

The video is from an angle so the distance between the two is distorted...... you don't understand the biology of a fight...

A 2015 study in the journal Social Science & Medicine found that a person charged in such cases is twice as likely to be convicted of a crime if they killed a white victim as opposed to a minority.

And I showed you other evidence...

Was that the cops or the prosecutor. The cops may not arrest, but the prosecutor may come in and charge for a crime.

No...he didn't.... you have one view of the shove, and you weren't the guy shoved.... you don't know what you are talking about.

The video is from an angle so the distance between the two is distorted...... you don't understand the biology of a fight...
I understand when I see someone who doesn’t have to murder another person.

Wwjd? Florida must be a bunch of atheists

Forum List

Back