Dumbest thing ever on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariner said:
not have known what was going on? The Bishops were busily transferring priests from parish to parish as scandals arose, settling cases out of court, and referring them for treatment quietly without informing the parishioners. With thousands of priests involved it's impossible to imagine the Pope not knowing, particularly as payments were being made, which would have to attract his attention.

My statement wasn't a denial. Perhaps I should have worded it differently, leaving what I said closed to mis-interpretation, even though I did say more in my original post, aside from the first sentance - or was it the last in the first paragraph?

Anyway, the point at which the Pope found out about the sitution is a mystery. The fact that there was massive cover up within the Vatican doesn't suprise me, although I also have no idea as to the extent of which the Pope may or may not be isolated from such things or informed, by whom and when. I also have no doubt that there is a large amount of heirarchy within the Vatican (I doubt the Pope did a lot of micro-managing) and again, as I've stated (just so we're clear), I have no idea what the Pope knew and when, prior to the massive media coverage, settlements and further accusations, but feel he was involved in it at some point in time.

My point, in response to Powerman was that no one on this board EXCUSED the Pope, if he did in fact know what was going on from the very beginning or his involvement in keeping things hidden (better?). What I did not address specificlly, were his comments about pedophillia or homosexuality, only saying he was way off base - as is also evident in my response and will assume the comments below are simply an "aside" in response to other posts not made by myself.

Blaming adult homosexuality for same-sex pedophilia is the same as blaming adult heterosexuality for opposite-sex pedophilia. It doesn't make sense.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
ever posted here that I've seen, I'd have to choose between many different comments made by dmp, e.g. "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Yes, dmp, we're all going to die of something, and a health nut might get run over by a car at age 30. But unless you're blind to scientific evidence and don't understand probabilities, then you'd know that exercise and healthy eating not only extend your life by 3-4 years, on average, but, more importantly, greatly improve its quality in the last few years.

Do what you want, and may the odds be with you.

Mariner.
You're just bitter the fatties eat tastier food than you, aren't ya ;)

Mariner said:
ever posted here that I've seen, I'd have to choose between many different comments made by dmp, e.g. "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Yes, dmp, we're all going to die of something, and a health nut might get run over by a car at age 30. But unless you're blind to scientific evidence and don't understand probabilities, then you'd know that exercise and healthy eating not only extend your life by 3-4 years, on average, but, more importantly, greatly improve its quality in the last few years.

Mariner.

Me thinks the dumbest thing would you be taking DMP's sig so seriously. :)

Mariner said:
not have known what was going on? The Bishops were busily transferring priests from parish to parish as scandals arose, settling cases out of court, and referring them for treatment quietly without informing the parishioners. With thousands of priests involved it's impossible to imagine the Pope not knowing, particularly as payments were being made, which would have to attract his attention.

Blaming adult homosexuality for same-sex pedophilia is the same as blaming adult heterosexuality for opposite-sex pedophilia. It doesn't make sense.

Mariner.

I havent done a lot, or any, research into this, so what Im stating now is based on very light reading.

From what I understand, the homosexual groups pressured the Catholic Church for allowing homos into the priesthood. It was after that starting occuring when the same sex, child molestations began to rise.

Two plus two equals four.

There is, if my statement is correct, a much stronger correlation there than a stupid correlation between abortions and crime reduction.

For all of you who think I might just be shooting off at the mouth and making assumptions.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-12-22-pope-defendant_x.htm

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051222163709990016&cid=

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3545789.html

This should be sufficient enough sources for you to at least see that he was in fact a defendant. He was granted immunity because he is considered a head of state.

Use your brains here people. Many of you have voiced your pleasure in his homophobic ideology and have also blamed homosexuality itself for child molestation. Yet you either ignored or were completely ignorant to the fact that the Pope himself was involved in helping cover this stuff up? Come on, the guys a fucking creep.

Powerman said:
Use your brains here people. Many of you have voiced your pleasure in his homophobic ideology and have also blamed homosexuality itself for child molestation. Yet you either ignored or were completely ignorant to the fact that the Pope himself was involved in helping cover this stuff up? Come on, the guys a fucking creep.

Please learn English. It'll help you in the long run. Really.

dmp said:
Here are a couple shockers! Hope you're lubed:

When Males have sex with OTHER males, it's called HOMOSEXUAL behaviour.

There is no 'age factor'.

Boys who are molested often participate in homosexual behaviour as adults - Women who are raped don't become rapists of other women.

Rape is quite often about 'the sex.'

How can you say it's homosexual behavior. It's pedophilia. That's like saying that a man molesting little girls is just a heterosexual and nothing more. You are being silly. And most of the time rape isn't about sex. Rapists and child molestors are insane much like serial killers.

Mariner said:

Mariner.

tell that to uel gibbons and steve prefontaine

dmp said:
Please learn English. It'll help you in the long run. Really.

DMP I never claimed to be any grammar expert. The fact that you rushed to confront my poor grammar usage and not the fact that the Pope is a sick fucking criminal is more disturbing however.

Powerman said:
DMP I never claimed to be any grammar expert. The fact that you rushed to confront my poor grammar usage and not the fact that the Pope is a sick fucking criminal is more disturbing however.

No - the problem isn't your grammar - it's your failure to understand Written (in this case, Typed) English. You clearly don't understand what Homophobic means. You use it improperly. You clearly can't understand the words: Sex between two males is HOMOSEXUAL SEX regardless of consent.

But - if using those terms improperly helps you sleep at night...go for it.

The ClayTaurus said:
I think that's a bit of a stretch, no?

Well if you think that being a key figure in a child molestation cover up doesn't make you a sick criminal I suppose it would be a stretch. He'll never do jail time for it because he is a head of state and has been granted immunity. That doesn't change the fact that when given the choice he did the wrong thing. People who cover up child molestation cases only cause more children to get molested. That's what happens. The reason why this shit is such a big problem with the catholic church isn't because a few priests molested people. It's because when they did the church covered it up and moved them to a different diocese where they could molest even more people. That's just sick.

Powerman said:
How can you say it's homosexual behavior. It's pedophilia. That's like saying that a man molesting little girls is just a heterosexual and nothing more. You are being silly. And most of the time rape isn't about sex. Rapists and child molestors are insane much like serial killers.

Women or Men raping somebody of the opposite sex IS heterosexual sex. (shrug). What is your point? Again - the WORST part of homosexual rape/molestation is the acts propensity to create MORE homosexual rapists. Can you tell me ONE instance of a guy who raped a woman confessing he does so because he was molested by an aunt when he was a kid? It MAY happen, but I'd bet dollars to donuts there are thousands more cases where homosexual men were molested as kids by somebody of the same gender.

Until you speak to the guys in jail for 'raping' a woman because she changed her mind, you have NO idea what is in the minds of rapists. If a guy pushes even less than HALF a stroke after a woman says 'no' he can be convicted of Rape. Penetration, however slight is all it takes. And some guys just want a piece, so they take it. The whole 'It's not about the sex' comment is PC bullshit.

dmp said:
No - the problem isn't your grammar - it's your failure to understand Written (in this case, Typed) English. You clearly don't understand what Homophobic means. You use it improperly. You clearly can't understand the words: Sex between two males is HOMOSEXUAL SEX regardless of consent.

But - if using those terms improperly helps you sleep at night...go for it.

Honestly D I don't see your point. Does this mean that heterosexuality is the root cause of all opposite sex child molestation?

Your inability to seperate pedophilia from consensual sex...I don't get it. It's amazing really.

Powerman said:
Well if you think that being a key figure in a child molestation cover up doesn't make you a sick criminal I suppose it would be a stretch. He'll never do jail time for it because he is a head of state and has been granted immunity. That doesn't change the fact that when given the choice he did the wrong thing. People who cover up child molestation cases only cause more children to get molested. That's what happens. The reason why this shit is such a big problem with the catholic church isn't because a few priests molested people. It's because when they did the church covered it up and moved them to a different diocese where they could molest even more people. That's just sick.

The part of this you won't concede is those alleged molestations happened DECADES before this guy was Pope. He was named because he's the current pope, NOT because he had anything to do with things of 10-30 years ago.

You hate religion - that's your motivation.

Powerman said:
For all of you who think I might just be shooting off at the mouth and making assumptions.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-12-22-pope-defendant_x.htm

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051222163709990016&cid=

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3545789.html

This should be sufficient enough sources for you to at least see that he was in fact a defendant. He was granted immunity because he is considered a head of state.

Being named a defendent doesnt prove crap. There are plenty of people named defendants who are found to be innocent. Heck there are plenty of people who are convicted of crimes they didn't do. You'd have no problem pointing that out if we were discussing the death penalty.

If you have evidence that the Pope purposely covered up homosexual pedophilia among priests then provide it. Otherwise don't.

Regardless, this homosexual pedophilia has been occuring for decades supposedly. And you somehow think a Pope who has been in office for less than a year is guilty of promoting this? How on earth do you come to that conclusion.

But seriously what is it about homosexuality that you feel so compelled to defend? It's grotesque. It significant shortens the life expectancy of anyone who participates in it. It is a complete mockery of life. Why on earth should we support it? How on earth is society benefitted by legitimizing such a harmful behavior that drains societies resources to support it? What the heck is so damn important about homosexuality that you have to force people to accept it as a legitimate practice in society?

dmp said:
Women or Men raping somebody of the opposite sex IS heterosexual sex. (shrug). What is your point? Again - the WORST part of homosexual rape/molestation is the acts propensity to create MORE homosexual rapists. Can you tell me ONE instance of a guy who raped a woman confessing he does so because he was molested by an aunt when he was a kid? It MAY happen, but I'd bet dollars to donuts there are thousands more cases where homosexual men were molested as kids by somebody of the same gender.

Until you speak to the guys in jail for 'raping' a woman because she changed her mind, you have NO idea what is in the minds of rapists. If a guy pushes even less than HALF a stroke after a woman says 'no' he can be convicted of Rape. Penetration, however slight is all it takes. And some guys just want a piece, so they take it. The whole 'It's not about the sex' comment is PC bullshit.

Thanks again for proving you have no clue what the fuck you are talking about. We all know that some women lie about the rape thing and some guys get convicted that shouldn't. But rape is not as much about sex as you might like to think. And it's not PC bullshit to say that. Your ignorance is shining brightly today DMP.

Powerman said:
Honestly D I don't see your point. Does this mean that heterosexuality is the root cause of all opposite sex child molestation?

Your inability to seperate pedophilia from consensual sex...I don't get it. It's amazing really.

Okay - as if to a 5 year old:

Powerman. ANY time two members of the same sex have sex, it's HOMO (other-same)Sex. Homosexual priests molested boys. See how that works? SOMETIMES members of ONE sex have sex with non-consenting members of the OTHER Sex. This is called HETERO (Other-different) sex.

Mary Kay committed HETEROSEXUAL pedophilia. Those priests did HOMOSEXUAL pedophilia.

See? Some people go to such great lengths to paint Homosexuality as WONDERFUL, they over look obvious truths. More truth - If those priests were NOT homosexuals the boys would never have been Molested.

Got it?

www.hop.com

Being named a defendent doesnt prove crap. There are plenty of people named defendants who are found to be innocent. Heck there are plenty of people who are convicted of crimes they didn't do. You'd have no problem pointing that out if we were discussing the death penalty.

If you have evidence that the Pope purposely covered up homosexual pedophilia among priests then provide it. Otherwise don't.

Regardless, this homosexual pedophilia has been occuring for decades supposedly. And you somehow think a Pope who has been in office for less than a year is guilty of promoting this? How on earth do you come to that conclusion.

But seriously what is it about homosexuality that you feel so compelled to defend? It's grotesque. It significant shortens the life expectancy of anyone who participates in it. It is a complete mockery of life. Why on earth should we support it? How on earth is society benefitted by legitimizing such a harmful behavior that drains societies resources to support it? What the heck is so damn important about homosexuality that you have to force people to accept it as a legitimate practice in society?

I'm about to eat lunck. I'll edit this post in about an hour or so and fill in some comments. But by the way I'm pro death penalty.

Powerman said:
Thanks again for proving you have no clue what the fuck you are talking about. We all know that some women lie about the rape thing and some guys get convicted that shouldn't. But rape is not as much about sex as you might like to think. And it's not PC bullshit to say that. Your ignorance is shining brightly today DMP.

powerman said:
And most of the time rape isn't about sex

So is it 'most of the time it's not about sex' or is it 'not about sex as much as I might like to think'? Your arrogance and close-mindedness is shining brightly today. You have NO FUCKING CLUE what is going thru the mind of a rapist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back