Dumbass Texans Praying For Rain... Oh Ya..That'll Help!

Does it really matter to you what people of faith pray for? Does it matter to anyone? Is this prayer causing you harm in some way? I have never understood why some non-believers feel the need to tear down the faith of others. If it brings them comfort, let them pray. If it brings them hope, let them pray.

It's not my cup of tea, but it causes me no worry or harm.

It isn't much of a hobby but since I am stuck in this RAIN HELL:eek: and not on a beach in Mexico it will have to do. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You need to look outside, the sun's been out for the last 3 days

It is indeed fortunate that Huggy lives in Seattle. Down here he would not get far calling us dumb asses to our faces. it is not a good idea. But wait, he wouldn't do that. He lets his fingers do the talking. You are not as dumb as I thought.

If we want to pray for rain it causes no pain for you, I think you mention it a lot because you are afraid we might be on to something.

Oh my goodness!!! You caught me red handed with my pants down!!! Ya!!!...THAT'S IT!!! I'm jealous!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is MORE fortunate that you DON'T live near here. You would get your feelings hurt. Nothing I say here has not been said to you religious fuckwits in person face to face many times. Look at my pic. Does it appear I have suffered any damage for telling it like it is? I've been calling religious fundamentalist out for 50 years. Ya ..I'm afraid you are on something...CRACK!!!

It is far more likely that YOU are afraid ....that if you listen to me you will develop a crack in your fantasy.:eek:

But ..you have a point.. I would find it difficult to live among dumb asses that had to stop and waste time praying when there is serious work to be done.

Woke up laughing. The TV was on and I heard a report that they were organizing mass prayers in Texas for rain in the wake of the fires and drought.

The superstitious are amusing.

texans pray for rain - Google Search

That's what I want...a governor that solves problems with mumbo jumbo...:lol: :lol:

What kind of proof would convince you that God exists? Be specific.

He would not believe even if he was standing right in front of him on judgment day. He would rationalize it and say he is dreaming and that this is not real.

That's his right. I've always found this amusing:

atheist-heaven-cartoon.jpg

You are right and I do apologize. I took another look at your picture, you might want to use something else, sorry but I just don't see anything unusual in it. Fear is a terrible character defect but I have a friend who takes care of that for me so I don't fear about very much.

while we are providing amusement for the rest of the board I can't remember any member ranting about the fact that others don't pray. If you don't want to, good for you, no skin off my nose. I don't make fun of or call people names that don't pray. Atheist is not a word coined by those of us who believe in God.

Woke up laughing. The TV was on and I heard a report that they were organizing mass prayers in Texas for rain in the wake of the fires and drought.

That's what I want...a governor that solves problems with mumbo jumbo...:lol: :lol:

Funny thing is, it rained.

Now that's classic right there.

GOD just made you look silly huggy ;)

Little Diaper Dude looks silly on his own.... No help from God required....

It is indeed fortunate that Huggy lives in Seattle. Down here he would not get far calling us dumb asses to our faces. it is not a good idea. But wait, he wouldn't do that. He lets his fingers do the talking. You are not as dumb as I thought.

If we want to pray for rain it causes no pain for you, I think you mention it a lot because you are afraid we might be on to something.

Oh my goodness!!! You caught me red handed with my pants down!!! Ya!!!...THAT'S IT!!! I'm jealous!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is MORE fortunate that you DON'T live near here. You would get your feelings hurt. Nothing I say here has not been said to you religious fuckwits in person face to face many times. Look at my pic. Does it appear I have suffered any damage for telling it like it is? I've been calling religious fundamentalist out for 50 years. Ya ..I'm afraid you are on something...CRACK!!!

It is far more likely that YOU are afraid ....that if you listen to me you will develop a crack in your fantasy.:eek:

But ..you have a point.. I would find it difficult to live among dumb asses that had to stop and waste time praying when there is serious work to be done.

From the guy who wanted to lock Christians in their churches and burn them alive, your words mean less than nothing. In fact, it seems your fear of religion is affecting your judgment.

From the guy who wanted to lock Christians in their churches and burn them alive, your words mean less than nothing. In fact, it seems your fear of religion is affecting your judgment.

WHAT!!???? THAT makes me a bad person? :lol: :lol: :lol: Why I gotta "fear" religion??? Isn't it enough I just hate it??? You people are a rough audience!!! :lol: :lol: Cruel task masters!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Ah, online physical threats, we found ourselves another e-bully lol.

WHAT!!???? THAT makes me a bad person? :lol: :lol: :lol: Why I gotta "fear" religion??? Isn't it enough I just hate it??? You people are a rough audience!!! :lol: :lol: Cruel task masters!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I have no idea why you fear religion. Hate often accompanies fear. Personally, I think you need a counselor. It's one thing not to believe in Got and another to hate religion as you do. Something is wrong there.

What kind of proof would convince you that God exists? Be specific.
Showing me how to turn water into wine would be a good start.

I think the big picture here is that many people want to give credence to prayer like that is what made something happen. I on the other hand believe that what is going to happen will happen and no amount of prayer is going to change, so if it is supposed to happen, it will. The big problem I have is whenever something that people deem to be good happens its because of prayer or God intervene, yet when bad things happen that people don't like and prayed for a different outcome but got a bad one seem to disassociate it with GOD commanding it to be that way.

There is nothing wrong with religion and prayer as it's a way to ease ones own mind and suffering in many cases, but I don't see anything changing in life because of prayer, if it's going to happen it will.

Maybe a person in prayer maybe won't be killed because they choose to be doing that instead of driving to a friends house, and then it can also go the other way when maybe your go to pray at the same time a tornado wipes out a church. All I am saying is if you think prayers are answered then you must agree that in most cases GOD doesn't answer the prayer of most people.

I think the big picture here is that many people want to give credence to prayer like that is what made something happen. I on the other hand believe that what is going to happen will happen and no amount of prayer is going to change, so if it is supposed to happen, it will. The big problem I have is whenever something that people deem to be good happens its because of prayer or God intervene, yet when bad things happen that people don't like and prayed for a different outcome but got a bad one seem to disassociate it with GOD commanding it to be that way.

There is nothing wrong with religion and prayer as it's a way to ease ones own mind and suffering in many cases, but I don't see anything changing in life because of prayer, if it's going to happen it will.

Maybe a person in prayer maybe won't be killed because they choose to be doing that instead of driving to a friends house, and then it can also go the other way when maybe your go to pray at the same time a tornado wipes out a church. All I am saying is if you think prayers are answered then you must agree that in most cases GOD doesn't answer the prayer of most people.

In almost every study I've read, positive thinking does good. Prayer is positive thinking. I often wonder what we could accomplish if we could get all our positive thoughts together.

In almost every study I've read, positive thinking does good. Prayer is positive thinking. I often wonder what we could accomplish if we could get all our positive thoughts together.

Problem is many times our positive thoughts are oppisite of another persons positive thoughts.

is this true of all prayer, so when some of the Islamic faith pray together should we hope their prayers are answered also.

The truth is, if you want to pray, go for it and the results you get, if they fall into your hopes and dreams of what you want to happen, then good for you. But when you pray and it don't happen then remember he might not care or he assumes you don't deserve his help or he just wants someone to suffer.

Live by the teachings of the bible as it's a very good story and can teach you a lot. Take the good and forget about the bad. :eusa_angel:

If atheists would only come clean about what they beleive in we could have a hayday making fun of them too. They just can't come up with a good story.

( who did the hippies chant to at Woodstock btw ? )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEuE786z3ZY]YouTube - Woodstock announcements :: No Rain no rain no rain...[/ame]

Umm this atheist does not believe in anything not proven by observation or scientific method, etc.

If god started speaking to me I would sure cut back on my pain meds though or ask for some antipsychotic ones.

I do not believe in any form of afterlife nor supreme being.
I believe that this is all we have and are screwing it up some by promising something better later.

give me the 72 virgins or whatever now.
:D

Umm Huggy...Weren't you just dedicating songs to the sun god or some such the other day. :lol::lol:

Last edited: