Dumbass Texans Praying For Rain... Oh Ya..That'll Help!

I have no proof either way, but I can tell you one thing, GOD does not control what man does good or bad but allows it all. As far as getting rain in Texas or heat in MN it will have all to do with what will happen and little to do with someone or GOD making it happen.

Does anyone believe that GOD makes all the bad things happen also? Do you think a loving God would have men waring against each other, or a volcano or a title wave wipping out 1000's of people. Do you think he's saying I created earthquake's and millions will die from them because I control everything and this is what i want.

what makes you believe that GOD exists as you believe? Is he a hands on GOD or does he just have a place where the dead go to when hes done with them on this good earth.

This thread is basically about intolerance for someone else's religious beliefs, and the author's ridicule and insensitivity to the plight of those in Texas who have died or lost their homes to the fire does not reflect well on himself. Some people take great solace in prayer, who the hell are you to make fun of them for doing so?

Alright, I'll admit it!
During the winter months, if there is the possibility of snowfall, my son and I do a little 'snow dance' and prayer just before I tuck him in, with hopes of NO SCHOOL the following day. Though secretly I'm praying for NO SNOW so I won't have to commute to work in it.

This thread is basically about intolerance for someone else's religious beliefs, and the author's ridicule and insensitivity to the plight of those in Texas who have died or lost their homes to the fire does not reflect well on himself. Some people take great solace in prayer, who the hell are you to make fun of them for doing so?

Ya think? What invisible entity died and made YOU the anonymous being in charge of internet content?

Why do you take it to "I'm insensitive about tragedy"? I just find it foolish that the governor of the state would suggest something as worthless as prayer in stead of actually doing something useful. If you ask me HE is the cynical one in all of this.

Prayer in a time of serious need is a stupid waste of time. It would be far more helpful to "organize" a donation drive that could actually do some good to help these people.

Last edited:
Woke up laughing. The TV was on and I heard a report that they were organizing mass prayers in Texas for rain in the wake of the fires and drought.

The superstitious are amusing.

texans pray for rain - Google Search

That's what I want...a governor that solves problems with mumbo jumbo...:lol: :lol:

Reminds me of this absurd group in Australia who condemned the PM for not demanding a gov't sponsored prayer LOL

'Cyclone no time for atheist PM' | National News | Breaking National News in Australia | Sunshine Coast Daily

I wouldn't make a thread on a message board out to be "intolerance."

I make threads of people who root for Michigan, I'm an OSU fan, doesn't mean I'm "intolerant" of them cheering on their team.

Does it really matter to you what people of faith pray for? Does it matter to anyone? Is this prayer causing you harm in some way? I have never understood why some non-believers feel the need to tear down the faith of others. If it brings them comfort, let them pray. If it brings them hope, let them pray.

It's not my cup of tea, but it causes me no worry or harm.

Ummm.....because some religions command their followers to proselytize

jesusq.jpg

Does it really matter to you what people of faith pray for? Does it matter to anyone? Is this prayer causing you harm in some way? I have never understood why some non-believers feel the need to tear down the faith of others. If it brings them comfort, let them pray. If it brings them hope, let them pray.

And how does that harm you?

Ya think? What invisible died and made YOU the anonymous being in charge of internet content?

Why do you take it to "I'm insensitive about tragedy"? I just find it foolish that the governor of the state would suggest something as worthless as prayer in stead of actually doing something useful. If you ask me HE is the cynical one in all of this.

Prayer in a time of serious need is a stupid waste of time. It would be far more helpful to "organize" a donation drive that could actually do some good to help these people.

Clearly you do not understand the power of prayer, nor do you show any respect for those who do. While it may not change the physical circumstances of any tragedy, it does help those affected psychologically. The sense of you're not alone and there are others who care and will help is a very powerful thing. To denigrate those who believe this IS insensitive and counter productive.

And how does that harm you?

If I have to explain it to you then.....

Ya think? What invisible died and made YOU the anonymous being in charge of internet content?

Clearly you do not understand the power of prayer, nor do you show any respect for those who do. While it may not change the physical circumstances of any tragedy, it does help those affected psychologically. The sense of you're not alone and there are others who care and will help is a very powerful thing. To denigrate those who believe this IS insensitive and counter productive.

Ya..your god is an awesome god...blah...blah...blah. Whatever... :lol:

I've never seen any harm in praying. Why does it annoy you so much?

Christians, Jews and Muslims are all annoying on MANY levels. Praying is just one. The Governor of Texas could have organized something useful such as a donation drive for the folks affected by the fires. In stead he chose to do something useless. Yes, I find that kind of wasteful use of the media in a time of desperate need of some of the citizens of Texas annoying.

Christians, Jews and Muslims are all annoying on MANY levels. Praying is just one. The Governor of Texas could have organized something useful such as a donation drive for the folks affected by the fires. In stead he chose to do something useless. Yes, I find that kind of wasteful use of the media in a time of desperate need of some of the citizens of Texas annoying.

Maybe he did arrange something like that? I understand why you're bothered with the inappropriate use of the media in this particular situation, but why does praying itself annoy you? What's the harm in it?

It is indeed fortunate that Huggy lives in Seattle. Down here he would not get far calling us dumb asses to our faces. it is not a good idea. But wait, he wouldn't do that. He lets his fingers do the talking. You are not as dumb as I thought.

If we want to pray for rain it causes no pain for you, I think you mention it a lot because you are afraid we might be on to something.

Christians, Jews and Muslims are all annoying on MANY levels.
So are you... It's annoying for people to see you walking around in jogging shorts, black socks and sandals, but you are Constitutionally free to do so...

Praying is just one. The Governor of Texas could have organized something useful such as a donation drive for the folks affected by the fires.
Who said that's ALL he was doing?
In stead [sic] he chose to do something useless. Yes, I find that kind of wasteful use of the media in a time of desperate need of some of the citizens of Texas annoying.
Wasteful use of the media?....:lol: :lol:

There was no law written that all Texans had to pray... What is useless to a bigot like you is not usless to everyone...