Dubbyuh and Gawwud

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.prospect.org/web/printfriendly-view.ww?id=8790>Irony and Hypocrisy: Dubbyuh's Close, Personal Relationship with God</a></h1></center>

An interview with a woman just leaving Dubbyuh's coronation...er...inauguration left me choking on my coffee. She stated that she was "glad to see a good Christian man like George W. Bush as president...". Now, I don't know about anyone else, but "good" and "Christian" are not two words I would use to describe Dubbyuh.

For a man so passionately devoted to Christ, his actions are singularly devoid of anything which reflects that devotion. He carefully avoids any mention of being born again or being an evangelical, and there is little evidence that he attempts to spread the gospel, beyond what makes a good sound-bite in his speechifying. This in contrast to Jimmy Carter whose telling every foreign dignitary he met about the good news of Jesus Christ is legendary. But then, Carter walks it like he talks it.

Dubbyuh is, at best, a salad bar Christian. "Hmmm...I'll take a bit of this...A little bit of that...Oooh, and that looks yummy...", but that describes some who call themselves Christian these days. Dubbyuh's distinction lies in that he picks and chooses those parts of biblical scripture which work to his political advantage.

For example, there are around fourteen (give or take a couple) verses in the Bible which make reference, direct or indirect, to homosexuality. Yet there are over three thousand which deal with providing aid and comfort to those less fortunate than ourselves. But which one was a theme of Dubbyuh's campaign and a plank in the Reichpublican platform? Yep, homosexyality, and not a word about helping those in need. If anything, Dubbyuh's plans for the next four years will only serve to throw more people into poverty that he already has.

Yet many born-again evangelicals accept Dubbyuh as one of their own. For one to be born-again, one must acknowledge their innate sinfullness and then they must turn away from it completely. But Dubbyuh, twice within the last year was, apparently, stymied when asked to name mistakes he had made during his first term. An appalling lack of humility in one so devoted to his religion.

Over the years, Dubbyuh's policies, both as Governor of Texas and POTUS, have failed to show any triumph of religious values over partisan politics, at any point. Nor has he shown that he pays more than lip service to his religious values. The true irony, though, is that so many who call themselves Christian, regard him as a fellow traveler, this despite his apparent hypocrisy.

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h1><a href=http://www.prospect.org/web/printfriendly-view.ww?id=8790>Irony and Hypocrisy: Dubbyuh's Close, Personal Relationship with God</a></h1></center>

An interview with a woman just leaving Dubbyuh's coronation...er...inauguration left me chocking on my coffee. She stated that she was "glad to see a good Christian man like George W. Bush as president...". Now, I don't know about anyone else, but "good" and "Christian" are not two words I would use to describe Dubbyuh.

For a man so passionately devoted to Christ, his actions are singularly devoid of anything which reflects that devotion. He carefully avoids any mention of being born again or being an evangelical, and there is little evidence that he attempts to spread the gospel, beyond what makes a good sound-bite in his speechifying. This in contrast to Jimmy Carter whose telling every foreign dignitary he met about the good news of Jesus Christ is legendary. But then, Carter walks it like he talks it.

Dubbyuh is, at best, a salad bar Christian. "Hmmm...I'll take a bit of this...A little bit of that...Oooh, and that looks yummy...", but that describes many who call themselves Christian these days. Dubbyuh's distinction lies in that he picks and chooses those parts of biblical scripture which work to his political advantage.

For example, there are around fourteen (give or take a couple) verses in the Bible which make reference, direct or indirect, to homosexuality. Yet there are over three thousand which deal with providing aid and comfort to those less fortunate than ourselves. But which one was a theme of Dubbyuh's campaign and a plank in the Reichpublican platform? Yep, homosexyality, and not a word about helping those in need. If anything, Dubbyuh's plans for the next four years will only serve to throw more people into poverty that he already has.

Yet many born-again evangelicals accept Dubbyuh as one of their own. For one to be born-again, one must acknowledge their innate sinfullness and then they must turn away from it completely. But Dubbyuh, twice within the last year was, apparently, stymied when asked to name mistakes he had made during his first term. An appaling lack of humility in one so devoted to his religion.

Over the years, Dubbyuh's policies, both as Governor of Texas and POTUS, have failed to show any triumph of religious values over partisan politics, at any point. Nor has he shown that he pays more than lip service to his religious values. The true irony, though, is that so many who call themselves Christian, regard him as a fellow traveler, this despite his apparent hypocrisy.
:poop:

Another pre-election opinion??? Article dated 10/19/04...this dead horse is really starting to stink.

The saddest part is that if Bush followed this guy's recommendations, he would, first of all, be slammed for attempting to establish a state religion. Second, the headlines would erupt if Bush admitted a single mistake.

Bullypulpit said:
An interview with a woman just leaving Dubbyuh's coronation...er...inauguration left me chocking on my coffee. She stated that she was "glad to see a good Christian man like George W. Bush as president...". Now, I don't know about anyone else, but "good" and "Christian" are not two words I would use to describe Dubbyuh.

First, if you read Bush's book "A Charge to Keep," you'll see his own account of being born again. Second, if Bush was actually preaching the gospel in public, you would be posting articles about the "separation of church and state" and how Bush is trying to turn America into a fundamentalist theocracy. Third, how is Bush's faith fake, but Carter's faith real? Or is the issue that Carter is a liberal, and Bush is a conservative?

Dubbyuh is, at best, a salad bar Christian. "Hmmm...I'll take a bit of this...A little bit of that...Oooh, and that looks yummy...", but that describes many who call themselves Christian these days. Dubbyuh's distinction lies in that he picks and chooses those parts of biblical scripture which work to his political advantage.

Homosexuality is a large political issue, both for those pushing for homosexual "rights" and those pushing for the rejection of homosexuality as a legitimized behavior. So I would expect it to come up in a political speech. Giving to the poor is not a political issue. Everyone wants to help the poor. So why would Bush bring it up in a political context?

Yet many born-again evangelicals accept Dubbyuh as one of their own. For one to be born-again, one must acknowledge their innate sinfullness and then they must turn away from it completely. But Dubbyuh, twice within the last year was, apparently, stymied when asked to name mistakes he had made during his first term. An appaling lack of humility in one so devoted to his religion.

I have a huge issue with the whole "Bush won't admit mistakes" premise. Did the press ever hound Clinton to admit mistakes? And if Bush ever did admit a mistake while he was in office, the press would hound him about continuing failing policies, etc. etc. The whole premise is garbage, IMO.

As far as Bush paying "more than lip service to his religious values," I think it is blatant two-faced politics on your part. In other threads, you (and other Lefties) accuse Bush of wanting to establish a theocracy, you whine and moan about Bush's religion interfering with his reasoning about abortion and gay marriage, and how Bush panders to the Religious Right. Now, he doesn't do enough to show that he's a Christian?!? Please, make up your mind.

Are we supposed to take anything seriously from an author who is so obviously overwhelmed with hatred for the Republican party that it affects his ability to spell? (Reichpublican, homosexyality, Dubbyah)

Yes, I get that he was trying to make a point. But the only one that truly comes through is that he is too immature to make his point without resorting to school-yard name calling and absolutely terrible examples of his inane points.

Bully, this "article" is laughable. Are you trying to make yourself a bigger joke on this board? Why didn't you just post a big picture of a dog turd with the caption..."This is my point of view." It would have been better that this garbage above.

gop_jeff said:
First, if you read Bush's book "A Charge to Keep," you'll see his own account of being born again. Second, if Bush was actually preaching the gospel in public, you would be posting articles about the "separation of church and state" and how Bush is trying to turn America into a fundamentalist theocracy. Third, how is Bush's faith fake, but Carter's faith real? Or is the issue that Carter is a liberal, and Bush is a conservative?

Homosexuality is a large political issue, both for those pushing for homosexual "rights" and those pushing for the rejection of homosexuality as a legitimized behavior. So I would expect it to come up in a political speech. Giving to the poor is not a political issue. Everyone wants to help the poor. So why would Bush bring it up in a political context?

I have a huge issue with the whole "Bush won't admit mistakes" premise. Did the press ever hound Clinton to admit mistakes? And if Bush ever did admit a mistake while he was in office, the press would hound him about continuing failing policies, etc. etc. The whole premise is garbage, IMO.

As far as Bush paying "more than lip service to his religious values," I think it is blatant two-faced politics on your part. In other threads, you (and other Lefties) accuse Bush of wanting to establish a theocracy, you whine and moan about Bush's religion interfering with his reasoning about abortion and gay marriage, and how Bush panders to the Religious Right. Now, he doesn't do enough to show that he's a Christian?!? Please, make up your mind.

All he needs to do is walk it like he talks it...But he doesn't and he won't.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bullyboys' bag of flamin dog shit on Friday
morning...He hopes it'll last the weekend.

I say let me be the last to post to this waste of time thread.

First, I have to say I'm still not impressed with Bully trying to tell people how they are really supposed to believe. First, you are telling Conservatives we arent being true conservatives when we know what we believe alot better than you do and now you are telling us as Christians that Bush isnt a true Christian because he doesnt follow a liberal agenda. its sickening.

Then its sickening to see that the President has given billions of dollars in aid to foreign people particularly during this past Tsunami aid. and yet this arrogant self righteous lib is telling us President Bush hasnt done a thing to help poor people. Apparently giving aid to Tsunami victims and giving aid for AIDS research isnt helping out the poor.

Yet what makes me sick is they think this is all there is to Christianity. Christianity isnt only about helping people temporally. its about helping people grow spiritually. Its helping people be Holy. Something the left knows nothing about. Just like they know nothing about freedom.

You have a problem with protecting the family? You want to be pro homosexual activism? fine. but you deffinately arent a Christian if you are supporting that crap. you deffinately arent Christian if you are trying to undermine the freedom of your nation. you arent a Christian if you are trying to destroy the family. If you want to devalue life and mock it then go ahead and support the homosexual agenda but you arent a Christian if you do that. You dont know Christ and have no right to tell others who actually follow what Christ taught IE the moral teachings as well as the social teachings then you cant complain when the President lives them.

First, I have to say I'm still not impressed with Bully trying to tell people how they are really supposed to believe. First, you are telling Conservatives we arent being true conservatives when we know what we believe alot better than you do and now you are telling us as Christians that Bush isnt a true Christian because he doesnt follow a liberal agenda. its sickening.

Then its sickening to see that the President has given billions of dollars in aid to foreign people particularly during this past Tsunami aid. and yet this arrogant self righteous lib is telling us President Bush hasnt done a thing to help poor people. Apparently giving aid to Tsunami victims and giving aid for AIDS research isnt helping out the poor.

Yet what makes me sick is they think this is all there is to Christianity. Christianity isnt only about helping people temporally. its about helping people grow spiritually. Its helping people be Holy. Something the left knows nothing about. Just like they know nothing about freedom.

You have a problem with protecting the family? You want to be pro homosexual activism? fine. but you deffinately arent a Christian if you are supporting that crap. you deffinately arent Christian if you are trying to undermine the freedom of your nation. you arent a Christian if you are trying to destroy the family. If you want to devalue life and mock it then go ahead and support the homosexual agenda but you arent a Christian if you do that. You dont know Christ and have no right to tell others who actually follow what Christ taught IE the moral teachings as well as the social teachings then you cant complain when the President lives them.

It'd be alot easier to read your posts if you'd stop frothing at the mouth...And stop putting words into mine.

It is you saying I'm trying to tell people what to believe, not me.

Conservatives have no more idea of what they are trying to conserve than liberals have of what they are trying to liberate.

Christianity, and every other religion, are more than the sum of their parts. They must be taken as a whole piece and not just those bits which seem to confirm your own narrow, blinkered view of the world. The end result of that, is a threadbare rag which is of use to no one.

I have met, and know, many Christians who find your view of what it means to BE Christian, offensive. But then, they walk the walk. Their actions and words coincide. They do not say one thing then do something else. They wear the mantle of their religion lightly and with grace, and the whole of its fabric, the warp and the woof.

You are welcome to believe as you will. Take what bits and pieces apeal to you...Enjoy your salad of bitter herbs.

Mr. P said:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bullyboys' bag of flamin dog shit on Friday
morning...He hopes it'll last the weekend.

I say let me be the last to post to this waste of time thread.

I see you're still in top form. Unable to rationally debate the issue, you rely on puerile insults. You're dismissed boyo.

Bullypulpit said:
It'd be alot easier to read your posts if you'd stop frothing at the mouth...And stop putting words into mine.

It is you saying I'm trying to tell people what to believe, not me.

Okay this part is exactly opposite to:

bullypulpit said:
Conservatives have no more idea of what they are trying to conserve than liberals have of what they are trying to liberate.

Christianity, and every other religion, are more than the sum of their parts. They must be taken as a whole piece and not just those bits which seem to confirm your own narrow, blinkered view of the world. The end result of that, is a threadbare rag which is of use to no one.

I have met, and know, many Christians who find your view of what it means to BE Christian, offensive. But then, they walk the walk. Their actions and words coincide. They do not say one thing then do something else. They wear the mantle of their religion lightly and with grace, and the whole of its fabric, the warp and the woof.

You are welcome to believe as you will. Take what bits and pieces apeal to you...Enjoy your salad of bitter herbs.

Do you really think you aren't attempting to preach to Christians about their own religion?

You are such a Conservative Democrat you can't even see when you are being a hypocrite. From SuperElitist to Hypocrite in less than 15 words!

Bullypulpit translated = "All my "friends" that are Christian are better Christians than you are because they believe in the same things I do!"

"I won't tell you how to live, but will tell you that you don't follow a religion I myself don't follow and know little about."

gop_jeff said:

Exactly!! This is hypocracy at it's finest. Carter can spread the word,but Bush can't. If he does,he's trying to push his religeon on everyone.

:blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

Bullypulpit said:
I see you're still in top form. Unable to rationally debate the issue, you rely on puerile insults. You're dismissed boyo.
As usual, you have no issue to debate, Bully.
Any response to your hate Bush or the Government posts are a waste of time..
Fun for you I guess, but a waste of time for anyone else. You know, toss the Bag of poop
and see what happens? You SO LOVE to do that. I think it pisses ya off that someone can see through your BS.
That's it, ain't Bullyboy..Can't have your way..Poor guy.
To bad too, cuz I think you may be fun to talk with, if you could just get away from the cut an paste stuff.

Oh, I should add that, you can't "dismiss" someone that doesn't acknowledge you in the the first place
as having any authority, intellectual or otherwise. Of course that just me.

Bullypulpit said:

An interview with a woman just leaving Dubbyuh's coronation...er...inauguration left me choking on my coffee. She stated that she was "glad to see a good Christian man like George W. Bush as president...". Now, I don't know about anyone else, but "good" and "Christian" are not two words I would use to describe Dubbyuh.

Dubbyuh is, at best, a salad bar Christian. "Hmmm...I'll take a bit of this...A little bit of that...Oooh, and that looks yummy...", but that describes some who call themselves Christian these days. Dubbyuh's distinction lies in that he picks and chooses those parts of biblical scripture which work to his political advantage.

Yet many born-again evangelicals accept Dubbyuh as one of their own. For one to be born-again, one must acknowledge their innate sinfullness and then they must turn away from it completely. But Dubbyuh, twice within the last year was, apparently, stymied when asked to name mistakes he had made during his first term. An appalling lack of humility in one so devoted to his religion.

Not only are you clueless, but if that's your pic in your avatar, you're kinda ugly. Sorry. I mean that in the kindest way..... :happy2:

krisy said:
Exactly!! This is hypocracy at it's finest. Carter can spread the word,but Bush can't. If he does,he's trying to push his religeon on everyone.

:blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

Sorry dearie...Dubbyuh isn't spreading anything but bullshit. His religious conversion was nothing more than political expediency. He's no more a Christian than I am a ASCE certified mechanic.

GWBfan said:
Not only are you clueless, but if that's your pic in your avatar, you're kinda ugly. Sorry. I mean that in the kindest way..... :happy2:

I'm sorry. But your going to have to do better than childish insults. Come back when you've graduated from kindergarten. Dismissed.

Bullypulpit said:
Sorry dearie...Dubbyuh isn't spreading anything but bullshit. His religious conversion was nothing more than political expediency. He's no more a Christian than I am a ASCE certified mechanic.

So now you are Mechanic?

How would we know if you weren't an ASCE Certified Mechanic?

Use better analogies. Dismissed.

Mr. P said:
As usual, you have no issue to debate, Bully.
Any response to your hate Bush or the Government posts are a waste of time..
Fun for you I guess, but a waste of time for anyone else. You know, toss the Bag of poop
and see what happens? You SO LOVE to do that. I think it pisses ya off that someone can see through your BS.
That's it, ain't Bullyboy..Can't have your way..Poor guy.
To bad too, cuz I think you may be fun to talk with, if you could just get away from the cut an paste stuff.

Oh, I should add that, you can't "dismiss" someone that doesn't acknowledge you in the the first place
as having any authority, intellectual or otherwise. Of course that just me.

I see that I've, yet again, taxed your intellectual resources to their breaking point. And it's obvious that you can't see through anyone's BS, let alone your own. So why doncha just lay your head back and think happy thoughts and take your meds? You'll be much better off that way. Thinking is such a strain for you. :)

Forum List

Back