Dubbyuh and Gawwud

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bullypulpit, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    <center><h1><a href=http://www.prospect.org/web/printfriendly-view.ww?id=8790>Irony and Hypocrisy: Dubbyuh's Close, Personal Relationship with God</a></h1></center>

An interview with a woman just leaving Dubbyuh's coronation...er...inauguration left me choking on my coffee. She stated that she was "glad to see a good Christian man like George W. Bush as president...". Now, I don't know about anyone else, but "good" and "Christian" are not two words I would use to describe Dubbyuh.

For a man so passionately devoted to Christ, his actions are singularly devoid of anything which reflects that devotion. He carefully avoids any mention of being born again or being an evangelical, and there is little evidence that he attempts to spread the gospel, beyond what makes a good sound-bite in his speechifying. This in contrast to Jimmy Carter whose telling every foreign dignitary he met about the good news of Jesus Christ is legendary. But then, Carter walks it like he talks it.

Dubbyuh is, at best, a salad bar Christian. "Hmmm...I'll take a bit of this...A little bit of that...Oooh, and that looks yummy...", but that describes some who call themselves Christian these days. Dubbyuh's distinction lies in that he picks and chooses those parts of biblical scripture which work to his political advantage.

For example, there are around fourteen (give or take a couple) verses in the Bible which make reference, direct or indirect, to homosexuality. Yet there are over three thousand which deal with providing aid and comfort to those less fortunate than ourselves. But which one was a theme of Dubbyuh's campaign and a plank in the Reichpublican platform? Yep, homosexyality, and not a word about helping those in need. If anything, Dubbyuh's plans for the next four years will only serve to throw more people into poverty that he already has.

Yet many born-again evangelicals accept Dubbyuh as one of their own. For one to be born-again, one must acknowledge their innate sinfullness and then they must turn away from it completely. But Dubbyuh, twice within the last year was, apparently, stymied when asked to name mistakes he had made during his first term. An appalling lack of humility in one so devoted to his religion.

Over the years, Dubbyuh's policies, both as Governor of Texas and POTUS, have failed to show any triumph of religious values over partisan politics, at any point. Nor has he shown that he pays more than lip service to his religious values. The true irony, though, is that so many who call themselves Christian, regard him as a fellow traveler, this despite his apparent hypocrisy.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    :poop:

3. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Another pre-election opinion??? Article dated 10/19/04...this dead horse is really starting to stink.

4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    bully, i must wish you a belated happy inaguration day! :dev1:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    The saddest part is that if Bush followed this guy's recommendations, he would, first of all, be slammed for attempting to establish a state religion. Second, the headlines would erupt if Bush admitted a single mistake.

6. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    First, if you read Bush's book "A Charge to Keep," you'll see his own account of being born again. Second, if Bush was actually preaching the gospel in public, you would be posting articles about the "separation of church and state" and how Bush is trying to turn America into a fundamentalist theocracy. Third, how is Bush's faith fake, but Carter's faith real? Or is the issue that Carter is a liberal, and Bush is a conservative?

Homosexuality is a large political issue, both for those pushing for homosexual "rights" and those pushing for the rejection of homosexuality as a legitimized behavior. So I would expect it to come up in a political speech. Giving to the poor is not a political issue. Everyone wants to help the poor. So why would Bush bring it up in a political context?

I have a huge issue with the whole "Bush won't admit mistakes" premise. Did the press ever hound Clinton to admit mistakes? And if Bush ever did admit a mistake while he was in office, the press would hound him about continuing failing policies, etc. etc. The whole premise is garbage, IMO.

As far as Bush paying "more than lip service to his religious values," I think it is blatant two-faced politics on your part. In other threads, you (and other Lefties) accuse Bush of wanting to establish a theocracy, you whine and moan about Bush's religion interfering with his reasoning about abortion and gay marriage, and how Bush panders to the Religious Right. Now, he doesn't do enough to show that he's a Christian?!? Please, make up your mind.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Are we supposed to take anything seriously from an author who is so obviously overwhelmed with hatred for the Republican party that it affects his ability to spell? (Reichpublican, homosexyality, Dubbyah)

Yes, I get that he was trying to make a point. But the only one that truly comes through is that he is too immature to make his point without resorting to school-yard name calling and absolutely terrible examples of his inane points.

Bully, this "article" is laughable. Are you trying to make yourself a bigger joke on this board? Why didn't you just post a big picture of a dog turd with the caption..."This is my point of view." It would have been better that this garbage above.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379

All he needs to do is walk it like he talks it...But he doesn't and he won't.

9. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
    Bullyboys' bag of flamin dog shit on Friday
    morning...He hopes it'll last the weekend.

I say let me be the last to post to this waste of time thread.

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    First, I have to say I'm still not impressed with Bully trying to tell people how they are really supposed to believe. First, you are telling Conservatives we arent being true conservatives when we know what we believe alot better than you do and now you are telling us as Christians that Bush isnt a true Christian because he doesnt follow a liberal agenda. its sickening.

Then its sickening to see that the President has given billions of dollars in aid to foreign people particularly during this past Tsunami aid. and yet this arrogant self righteous lib is telling us President Bush hasnt done a thing to help poor people. Apparently giving aid to Tsunami victims and giving aid for AIDS research isnt helping out the poor.

Yet what makes me sick is they think this is all there is to Christianity. Christianity isnt only about helping people temporally. its about helping people grow spiritually. Its helping people be Holy. Something the left knows nothing about. Just like they know nothing about freedom.

You have a problem with protecting the family? You want to be pro homosexual activism? fine. but you deffinately arent a Christian if you are supporting that crap. you deffinately arent Christian if you are trying to undermine the freedom of your nation. you arent a Christian if you are trying to destroy the family. If you want to devalue life and mock it then go ahead and support the homosexual agenda but you arent a Christian if you do that. You dont know Christ and have no right to tell others who actually follow what Christ taught IE the moral teachings as well as the social teachings then you cant complain when the President lives them.