Drunk teenager shoots at someone who could shoot back...and was a good shot...big mistake...

Respectfully, I think both you (Ernie), Brain, and (maybe?) Stephanie should alter your perspective on this.

1) No matter what, celebrating someone who is in critical condition and wanting the person to die is wrong. Callous at best.

2) People have a right to be armed, and no, the victim doesn't have to walk away or obey the words of a drunken punk.

3) I think the victim was in the right to defend himself, but I'm not rejoicing or cheering for the guy who attacked him to die. Gotta keep it within reason, or else you slide to one extreme or the other.

I agree with you. Though on point 2 I would just say it is typically better to walk away. But as you say the victim doesn't have to walk away.
Better to walk away?????? There was a drunk gangbanger SHOOTING at him. Walking away when you have a gun?
Who ever accused Leftists of having street smarts? Their fantasy of how the world should work is so convincing that they will turn their back on an armed and shooting assailant. And even as the life seeps out of their stupid bodies, they'll still cling to the movie in their heads.

Applauding such activity is horrifying. Bullets whizzing around in the city are to be avoided, not encouraged. It shows that carrying guns all the time leads the carrier to resort to them instead of finding another solution. Worse, it gives the carrier the 'feeling' of security where, without the gun, he/she wouldn't go otherwise.
By that stupid logic, cops shouldn't carry guns either because when their life is threatened, they will use their guns instead of looking for alternative solutions.

Idiot.

So you actually think the moral of the story is one guy did some "good shooting" ----- and ignore the elephant in the room that people are shooting at each other in public?

Wacko.[/QUOTE]
Seems it's the return of the wild, wild west...[/QUOTE]

Applauding such activity is horrifying. Bullets whizzing around in the city are to be avoided, not encouraged. It shows that carrying guns all the time leads the carrier to resort to them instead of finding another solution. Worse, it gives the carrier the 'feeling' of security where, without the gun, he/she wouldn't go otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah what part of....the drunk teenager started shooting.......did you miss before the concealed carrier had to shoot to stop the guy........the guy with the legal gun didn't start shooting until the other guy started shooting at him....and endangering everyone in the neighborhood.........

Respectfully, I think both you (Ernie), Brain, and (maybe?) Stephanie should alter your perspective on this.

1) No matter what, celebrating someone who is in critical condition and wanting the person to die is wrong. Callous at best.

2) People have a right to be armed, and no, the victim doesn't have to walk away or obey the words of a drunken punk.

3) I think the victim was in the right to defend himself, but I'm not rejoicing or cheering for the guy who attacked him to die. Gotta keep it within reason, or else you slide to one extreme or the other.

I agree with you. Though on point 2 I would just say it is typically better to walk away. But as you say the victim doesn't have to walk away.
Better to walk away?????? There was a drunk gangbanger SHOOTING at him. Walking away when you have a gun?
Who ever accused Leftists of having street smarts? Their fantasy of how the world should work is so convincing that they will turn their back on an armed and shooting assailant. And even as the life seeps out of their stupid bodies, they'll still cling to the movie in their heads.

I'm pretty sure words were said by both parties before shooting began. And if the right words were used there would have been no shooting. Instead they both had guns and decided to talk with them endangering everyone in the area.

So you actually think the moral of the story is one guy did some "good shooting" ----- and ignore the elephant in the room that people are shooting at each other in public?

Wacko.
Seems it's the return of the wild, wild west...[/QUOTE]

Applauding such activity is horrifying. Bullets whizzing around in the city are to be avoided, not encouraged. It shows that carrying guns all the time leads the carrier to resort to them instead of finding another solution. Worse, it gives the carrier the 'feeling' of security where, without the gun, he/she wouldn't go otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah what part of....the drunk teenager started shooting.......did you miss before the concealed carrier had to shoot to stop the guy........the guy with the legal gun didn't start shooting until the other guy started shooting at him....and endangering everyone in the neighborhood.........[/QUOTE]

You have no idea what was said. Best to not glorify shootouts in the streets when you have few details. These two might know each other.

I'm pretty sure words were said by both parties before shooting began. And if the right words were used there would have been no shooting. Instead they both had guns and decided to talk with them endangering everyone in the area.
What were the right words to use with a drunk, street-dumb?

Yes....this teenager learned a lesson...that is if he survives...perhaps if he survives he will get to rehab and turn his life around......until then....good shooting...

Wacko.
Seems it's the return of the wild, wild west...

Some people never grew out of their childhood cowboys 'n' Indians TV shows. :rolleyes:

Well I have run into a lot of dumb drunk people and had no problem avoiding any sort of fights. But I guess I'm not all hopped up on gun courage and have common sense.

Yes...you know so much about what happened....how...I don't know...but you seem confidant that your psychic abilities can see the past as well as the future.....

Wacko.

Yeah what part of....the drunk teenager started shooting.......did you miss before the concealed carrier had to shoot to stop the guy........the guy with the legal gun didn't start shooting until the other guy started shooting at him....and endangering everyone in the neighborhood.........[/QUOTE]

You have no idea what was said. Best to not glorify shootouts in the streets when you have few details. These two might know each other.[/QUOTE]

Says you who thinks the guy who was shot at is to blame...vs. the drunk triple felon.......with who knows how many crimes in his past.....

Well I have run into a lot of dumb drunk people and had no problem avoiding any sort of fights. But I guess I'm not all hopped up on gun courage and have common sense.

Yeah.....the drunk neighbor at the barbecue is not the same thing as a possible gang banger thug in an inner city.........

Yeah...just looked up Tioga in google...sounds like a nice place to get shot.....

http://6abc.com/news/4-shot-2-dead-including-suspected-robber-in-tioga-nicetown/825731/

Police say an attempted robbery left four people shot and two dead, including the alleged robber, in Philadelphia's Tioga-Nicetown section.

The incident happened around 2:30 a.m. Friday on the 1900 block of Juniata Street.

According to police, the suspected robber stopped a group of people on the street.

Police say someone in the group had an assault rifle and there was an exchange of gunfire.

So...you have an apparent democrat urban hell....and a lawful, concealed carrier who was shot at by a likely career criminal thug......and you guys blame the guy who went to the trouble of actually getting the legal paperwork for his gun....vs. ....the drunk guy who started shooting....

Wacko.

Applauding such activity is horrifying. Bullets whizzing around in the city are to be avoided, not encouraged. It shows that carrying guns all the time leads the carrier to resort to them instead of finding another solution. Worse, it gives the carrier the 'feeling' of security where, without the gun, he/she wouldn't go otherwise.

You have no idea what was said. Best to not glorify shootouts in the streets when you have few details. These two might know each other.[/QUOTE]

Says you who thinks the guy who was shot at is to blame...vs. the drunk triple felon.......with who knows how many crimes in his past.....[/QUOTE]

I'm saying shootouts in the streets are bad and should be avoided. You are glorifying them as a pro gun win.

Yes....this teenager learned a lesson...that is if he survives...perhaps if he survives he will get to rehab and turn his life around......until then....good shooting...

PA Concealed Carrier Defends Self Against Armed Thug Hits All His Marks Concealed Nation

PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA — An intoxicated 19 year old allegedly told a concealed carrier to get off his block before opening fire.

According to Philly.com, Officer Christine O’Brien confirmed that the concealed carrier responded with deadly force. While the 19 year old fled the scene, he later wound up at Temple University Hospital in critical condition. Apparently, the concealed carrier had decent aim – the 19 year old assailant had gunshots in his arms, abdomen and his neck.

When that kid wakes up, Philadelphia Police expect to charge him with aggravated assault amongst other charges. While they recovered the 25-year-old man’s gun, they haven’t been able to locate the 19-year-old’s.

The investigation is ongoing, and all signs point to the concealed carrier not being charged with any crimes.

So this is good for you? A shootout in the street. Good thing nobody was hit by any strays. Guy should have got off his block and called the cops. A shootout in the street is dangerous for everyone in the neighborhood.
If he is a good shot and uses hollow points, shouldn't be no danger.

Wacko.

Yeah what part of....the drunk teenager started shooting.......did you miss before the concealed carrier had to shoot to stop the guy........the guy with the legal gun didn't start shooting until the other guy started shooting at him....and endangering everyone in the neighborhood.........

Says you who thinks the guy who was shot at is to blame...vs. the drunk triple felon.......with who knows how many crimes in his past.....[/QUOTE]

I'm saying shootouts in the streets are bad and should be avoided. You are glorifying them as a pro gun win.[/QUOTE]

Not glorifying the shootout, I am glorifying the fact that a good person survived and attack by a violent criminal. That is what I celebrate...rather than accepting someone being quietly brutalized or murdered as being the preferable outcome....

Forum List

Back