Drunk teenager shoots at someone who could shoot back...and was a good shot...big mistake...

Yes....this teenager learned a lesson...that is if he survives...perhaps if he survives he will get to rehab and turn his life around......until then....good shooting...

So you actually think the moral of the story is one guy did some "good shooting" ----- and ignore the elephant in the room that people are shooting at each other in public?

Wacko.

Yes....this teenager learned a lesson...that is if he survives...perhaps if he survives he will get to rehab and turn his life around......until then....good shooting...

So you actually think the moral of the story is one guy did some "good shooting" ----- and ignore the elephant in the room that people are shooting at each other in public?

Wacko.
Would you rather he wasn't a good shot and stray rounds endangered the public?

And we never ignore the elephant. It's the only party working to protect our gun rights.

Respectfully, I think both you (Ernie), Brain, and (maybe?) Stephanie should alter your perspective on this.

1) No matter what, celebrating someone who is in critical condition and wanting the person to die is wrong. Callous at best.

2) People have a right to be armed, and no, the victim doesn't have to walk away or obey the words of a drunken punk.

3) I think the victim was in the right to defend himself, but I'm not rejoicing or cheering for the guy who attacked him to die. Gotta keep it within reason, or else you slide to one extreme or the other.

I agree with you. Though on point 2 I would just say it is typically better to walk away. But as you say the victim doesn't have to walk away.

Wacko.
Would you rather he wasn't a good shot and stray rounds endangered the public?

And we never ignore the elephant. It's the only party working to protect our gun rights.

I think the drunks strays were of more the danger.

Respectfully, I think both you (Ernie), Brain, and (maybe?) Stephanie should alter your perspective on this.

1) No matter what, celebrating someone who is in critical condition and wanting the person to die is wrong. Callous at best.

2) People have a right to be armed, and no, the victim doesn't have to walk away or obey the words of a drunken punk.

3) I think the victim was in the right to defend himself, but I'm not rejoicing or cheering for the guy who attacked him to die. Gotta keep it within reason, or else you slide to one extreme or the other.

I agree with you. Though on point 2 I would just say it is typically better to walk away. But as you say the victim doesn't have to walk away.
Better to walk away?????? There was a drunk gangbanger SHOOTING at him. Walking away when you have a gun?

Have a good time reveling in your macabre sense of justification...
I will. I told you how I feel. I really don't care what you think. I am fresh off a situation where, thankfully, I did not have to kill a man. That act would have effected me for the rest of my life. I'm ecstatic that I didn't take the drunk idiots life, but had I, I would know, at least logically, that I had saved myself and others from a knife attack. I can live with that.

Have a good time reveling in your macabre sense of justification...
I will. I told you how I feel. I really don't care what you think. I am fresh off a situation where, thankfully, I did not have to kill a man. That act would have effected me for the rest of my life. I'm ecstatic that I didn't take the drunk idiots life, but had I, I would know, at least logically, that I had saved myself and others from a knife attack. I can live with that.

You seem to get into a lot of that type of situation Ernie. Any clue why that is?

I'm about your age and I've never been in such a scenario. Except for that one time two guys jumped out of their car and pulled guns on me. They were cops though, so if I'd been following the advice of the gun fetishists around here and defended myself in kind, I'd be dead, and if I were any kind of decent shot, so would the two cops.

But I was not so prepared so none of that happened. Guess I blew it huh?

PA Concealed Carrier Defends Self Against Armed Thug Hits All His Marks Concealed Nation

PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA — An intoxicated 19 year old allegedly told a concealed carrier to get off his block before opening fire.

According to Philly.com, Officer Christine O’Brien confirmed that the concealed carrier responded with deadly force. While the 19 year old fled the scene, he later wound up at Temple University Hospital in critical condition. Apparently, the concealed carrier had decent aim – the 19 year old assailant had gunshots in his arms, abdomen and his neck.

When that kid wakes up, Philadelphia Police expect to charge him with aggravated assault amongst other charges. While they recovered the 25-year-old man’s gun, they haven’t been able to locate the 19-year-old’s.

The investigation is ongoing, and all signs point to the concealed carrier not being charged with any crimes.

An intoxicated 19 year old allegedly told a concealed carrier to get off his block before opening fire.

In other words some black thug didn't want a white guy entering his neighborhood ?

At one time I worked in an office building in an area where there was a lot of city owned low income housing. The area had gone for commercial/office to high crime/slum in the space of 5 years.
Leaving work after dark one night, I was approached by a black man with his right hand behind his back. He asked for a cigarette. In Connecticut, "Hey buddy! Got a smoke?" is street slang for "I'm gonna rob you, whitey."

I decided to see just how bad the guy wanted a smoke. I unzipped my leather jacket and reached for the pack of smokes right behind the grips of the .44 mag revolver in my shoulder harness. He turned and ran and I saw the knife he'd had hidden.

The second incident was when my wife was pregnant with our first child.
The landlord's handy man thought she was free for the taking and as I got home, he was trying to break down my front door. I took the shotgun from my wife, slid 5 more rounds into the magazine and told the drunk at the door that I was going to open the door, but if he stepped through it, he was a dead man.
The last incident happened 3 weeks ago. About midnight, I was working security at my bar when a heavily muscled man, about 5'7" and 225 came in via taxi. The driver had a Coke and left.
The young man became abusive to customers including a gay 84 year old, quite harmless regular.
I politely asked him to please treat my customers with respect. He stood up with a wild look on his face and asked me to settle this outside.
As he stood, a pint of whiskey fell out of his back pocket. THAT is my liquor license we're talking about there. I ordered him out, again, fairly low volume fairly polite.
He started moving towards the access point to the service side of the bar where my female bartender was and I moved to my right to block his path. I glanced down for the baseball bat kept it the corner and saw it was blocked by 2 pool cue cases.
This time, I said in a loud voice, "Get the fuck out of my bar!"
He reached back with his right hand and started for me. I drew my weapon and held it pointed at his chest. His hand came back into view and thankfully, it was empty.
It seems that the cab driver who had brought him to Doc's had told him to leave the big assed knife in the cab.

The guy, after me backing him up at gun point eventually left but tried to get back in. My bartender called the police who arrived in about 90 seconds. They charged him guns drawn shouting, Get on the ground!
Again the fool reached behind himself and again, he came up empty. He was cuffed after a struggle and arrested for public intoxication and felony resisting arrest.

About a week ago, the cabbie stopped by for a coke and left me the knife he had taken from the guy.
The cabbie, next time he comes in off duty, drinks on my tab all night.
He saved a man's life twice in one night.
This is the knife and yes that is a quarter on the blade
bigassknife.jpg

Last edited:

Wacko.
Seems it's the return of the wild, wild west...

Wacko.
Seems it's the return of the wild, wild west...

The west wasn't that wild....people carried guns so they had to treat each other in a civilized manner......

PA Concealed Carrier Defends Self Against Armed Thug Hits All His Marks Concealed Nation

PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA — An intoxicated 19 year old allegedly told a concealed carrier to get off his block before opening fire.

According to Philly.com, Officer Christine O’Brien confirmed that the concealed carrier responded with deadly force. While the 19 year old fled the scene, he later wound up at Temple University Hospital in critical condition. Apparently, the concealed carrier had decent aim – the 19 year old assailant had gunshots in his arms, abdomen and his neck.

When that kid wakes up, Philadelphia Police expect to charge him with aggravated assault amongst other charges. While they recovered the 25-year-old man’s gun, they haven’t been able to locate the 19-year-old’s.

The investigation is ongoing, and all signs point to the concealed carrier not being charged with any crimes.

So this is good for you? A shootout in the street. Good thing nobody was hit by any strays. Guy should have got off his block and called the cops. A shootout in the street is dangerous for everyone in the neighborhood.

No...it isn't good....and how much you wanna bet this "kid" has a long and deep criminal arrest record and this isn't the first time he has shot at someone...and more than likely killed someone...you don't just shoot at someone with this level fo comfort in the act without a history of doing it....he didn't have time to "get off his block" and if it was in chicago there is a good chance the police wouldn't have been able to arrest this "kid" if his gang had the right alderman in their pocket.

Yeah....no kidding that a shootout in the street is dangerous for everyone in the neighborhood, but it wasn't the concealed carrier spraying the neighborhood was it.....he was defending himself from this guy.....

19 years old.....has a pistol....felony....

19 years old, carrying a pistol.....felony...

19 year old...shooting at someone, attempted murder....felony......

Do you think he has done this before?

This concealed carrier more than likely saved some innocent persons life down the road, who may have encountered this triple felon and not had a gun to stop the murder attempt.......

How many lives were saved by this concealed carrier putting him in the hospital?

So this is good for you? A shootout in the street. Good thing nobody was hit by any strays. Guy should have got off his block and called the cops. A shootout in the street is dangerous for everyone in the neighborhood.

The guy being shot at by the other drunk man had a right to be on 'that block,' because he's a civilian, too, and these 'blocks' are public.

The young drunk man, in his drunken stupor, made a terrible mistake. I think it would be wise if we put the blame on this man and his actions, and the consequences thereof. The innocent man being shot at didn't ask for it: he did no wrong. If that man is armed, and someone is literally trying to kill him dead in the streets, does he not have a good reason to return fire in order to save his life? Is it expected that he is expected to only run, put his back to a fast bullet or two? I think we need to think this through, and try to keep it within reason.

Shootouts in the street are a bad thing. Bullets go very far. It is possible the man did everything he could to avoid a shootout, but it doesn't sound like it. And certainly a street shootout shouldn't be glorified.

Really......and you know the woman was wearing a short skirt when she was raped.......right brain?

The guy being shot at by the other drunk man had a right to be on 'that block,' because he's a civilian, too, and these 'blocks' are public.

The young drunk man, in his drunken stupor, made a terrible mistake. I think it would be wise if we put the blame on this man and his actions, and the consequences thereof. The innocent man being shot at didn't ask for it: he did no wrong. If that man is armed, and someone is literally trying to kill him dead in the streets, does he not have a good reason to return fire in order to save his life? Is it expected that he is expected to only run, put his back to a fast bullet or two? I think we need to think this through, and try to keep it within reason.

Shootouts in the street are a bad thing. Bullets go very far. It is possible the man did everything he could to avoid a shootout, but it doesn't sound like it. And certainly a street shootout shouldn't be glorified.

Indeed shootouts aren't good things. Bullets do tend to go far.

In those split seconds, what more do you think the victim could have done? It's not as though he has a pocket-notebook filled to the brim with Brain's notes, ready to go. You try being shot dead and see how clearly you can think while bullets are flying at you, good sir.

I don't see anyone here glorifying a street shootout, either.

I see a lot of glorifying in the OP. He loves shootouts.

I would guess the drunk guy said get off my block. The concealed carry guy who was armed chose not to which lead to a shootout. I think he would have been much better off trying to diffuse the situation without using a gun. He should have left and called the cops. Now possibly the guy just started shooting at him and there was nothing he could do. Even drunk people typically don't do that however so I am pretty sure there is more to the story. Either way I wouldn't be posting this like a great win for pro gun. They are lucky nobody else was shot. It was probably some stupid for both. But you do make good points.

You have no idea how this went down brain......and if the guy who defended himself had a concealed permit....he was the law abiding citizen....remember.....19 years old can't own or carry a pistol.......or murder people for being "on his block."

So the guy who starts shooting is the one we have to side with because the law abiding citizen, when confronted with a triple felon, has to do even more to keep the 19 year old triple felon who shoots at a stranger....from shooting at the stranger......really?

"His block" what are you nine? "his block" it's a public sidewalk you idiot.

:banghead::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Indeed shootouts aren't good things. Bullets do tend to go far.

In those split seconds, what more do you think the victim could have done? It's not as though he has a pocket-notebook filled to the brim with Brain's notes, ready to go. You try being shot dead and see how clearly you can think while bullets are flying at you, good sir.

I don't see anyone here glorifying a street shootout, either.

I see a lot of glorifying in the OP. He loves shootouts.

I would guess the drunk guy said get off my block. The concealed carry guy who was armed chose not to which lead to a shootout. I think he would have been much better off trying to diffuse the situation without using a gun. He should have left and called the cops. Now possibly the guy just started shooting at him and there was nothing he could do. Even drunk people typically don't do that however so I am pretty sure there is more to the story. Either way I wouldn't be posting this like a great win for pro gun. They are lucky nobody else was shot. It was probably some stupid for both. But you do make good points.
It is a fucking FANTASTIC win for the pro gun population. A drunk gangbanger taken off the street? Would be victim unhurt? No one else hit by stray bullets? Win win win.

Yes I'm sure most people want shootouts in the streets.

They don't want shootouts in the street brain....but the bad guys are the ones doing the shooting...the good guy....returned fire, he didn't start the fight...and if prosecutors and judges locked up criminals who have committed weapons offenses for 10 years or more you would see less of this sort of thing...but they don't......too many of these shooters have past weapons violations and shooting incidents.......and they get out of jail easily.....because their criminal associates bail them out........

Wacko.

He stopped a killer.....how many lives did he save by stopping this killer? That is the elephant in the room...but that requires thinking...and you guys emote........thought doesn't enter into the equation for you......this guy opened fire on a public street, and yet you don't care that he could very easily have hit other innocent people.....now he can't.

With any luck he wont wake up, it will go from a good job to a fantastic job. :boohoo::banana:

Just wait for all the wailing from the idiots who will tell you the "poor" kid had problems and needed help and it was "someone's" duty to provide it.

If he croaks I'm sure he won't be missed. Except by his "excellent" family that is.

[/QUOTE]

Wacko.[/QUOTE]
Seems it's the return of the wild, wild west...[/QUOTE]

Applauding such activity is horrifying. Bullets whizzing around in the city are to be avoided, not encouraged. It shows that carrying guns all the time leads the carrier to resort to them instead of finding another solution. Worse, it gives the carrier the 'feeling' of security where, without the gun, he/she wouldn't go otherwise.

Forum List

Back