Drs. Rebelling Against O'Care, Famous Hospitals Refusing to Join

Success = when the media stops reporting on the bad news

The ACA has a rough road ahead. I speak from my experience with TennCare, a little bit different animal, but a managed care approach just the same.

I never cease to be pleased when assholes like you make the kind of mistakes that display your ignorance.

"Just after the [1964] election, in fact, the AMA held a high level strategy meeting at its Chicago headquarters, at which it was decided to fight on to the very end."

Read it all here:

Social Security Online History Pages

And for the rest of the convoluted paragraph:

Just after the election, in fact, the AMA held a high level strategy meeting at its Chicago headquarters, at which it was decided to fight on to the very end. Another publicity campaign was mapped.

Then, in early January, AMA leaders announced they would support an alternative to Medicare based on the principle of the original Taft-Smith-Ball bill and its many successors--that is, a program operated through private insurance carriers (and the States), with premiums for the low-income elderly subsidized out of Federal and State revenues.

"Eldercare," as the AMA's proposal was called, was promptly introduced by two Ways and Means Committee members, A. S. Herlong, Jr., of Florida and Thomas B. Curtis of Missouri (H.R. 3727 and H.R. 3728), and given wide publicity. But ironically, advertising claims that the proposal could provide more comprehensive benefits than Medicare only served to goad the Ways and Means Committee into expanding the scope of the Medicare bill.
~~~~~

WOWZA! The AMA came up with an alternative!!!

which...

'only served to goad the Ways and Means Committee into expanding the scope of the Medicare bill.'

Read what you post once in awhile.

I did read it silly head.
WTH did you think I posted it?

The AMA fought relentlessly against Medicare to the bitter end.

The AMA didn't fight relentlessly against Medicare to the bitter end.
The AMA wanted a compromise.
Looks like they got it!

How do you figure that?

Your favorite tyrant [Obama] going to yank the licenses of these doctors if they don't do business with the government?

I'd like for the Democrats to try that. I really would.

Simple, they're giong to quit practicing medicine if you belive the doom and gloom crew. Obama is not going to yank anyone's gun or medical license--these are lies the right tells so often it's considered as fact.

So I suspect they'll start picking grape fruit to pay off those student loans.

Doctors make 3 times what they have in student loans the first year they are in practice. That is the ones who HAVE student loans and are not part of a family dynasty of doctors who got their schooling paid by the family trust fund.

Not true anymore. An average graduate from a medical school has at least 400K in loans and by the time he/she finishes residency it will mount to half a million.

the average salary after the shortest residency in pediatrics or IM is ~140K.

Combined with the loss of income for at least 11-12 years ( while in the training process) - those salaries are peanuts.
Now a graduate of 4 year school with a BA can make 140K - who needs the loans, the training and the 24/7 call?

Last edited:
Some Drs. are rebelling against Obamacare and then Obamacare are rejecting Drs. as well.

I know...more people to pick grapefruit, clear tables, lay bricks. Obviously this will help solve the immigration problems. Obama's playing on a different level.
How do you figure that?

Your favorite tyrant [Obama] going to yank the licenses of these doctors if they don't do business with the government?

I'd like for the Democrats to try that. I really would.

That is exactly what obama will do. "You know that medicald degree you have. You didn't get that."

Forum List

Back