Dresden: Nazi Zombies don´t walk the line

This still does not counter my argument. Those people above shared the same ideals as the Germans.
Some of them, a few. The rest had to choose between Hitler and Stalin.

Alas, WWII was not fought between Nations but betweens ideologies. Communism is, whatever it became, a child of the great revolutions. Fascism and Nazism are opposed to them.
Wrong. It was political. Playing a dominant role in the world.

(although I would still like to have explained Indians and Muslims in the SS from a proper aryan Nazi rofl)
You are always thinking about aryan, race, Lebensraum and therefor have no idea about this. I know history and know why...

India was under control of the United Kingdom and the Brits forced Indianns to serve, otherwise their family would starve. Suffering under the Brits, many Indians liked the Germans. At the African front Indians were captured by the Germans and became volunteers. It is reported that a German pilot, who crashed in enemy territorry, was picked up by Indians and brought to the Germans.
Germany furthermore had always good relationships to the muslim countries, the Ottoman Empire was with Germany in WWI, and therefor Muslims served mainly in Africa, some for Germany, some for Great Britain. It is reported that the Africa Corps was welcomed by the polulation.

Blah, obviously studying it did not make me any cleverer. Should have asked Bleipriester.

Blah, obviously studying it did not make me any cleverer. Should have asked Bleipriester.
You really should have. Learning 3. Reich history in Germany means to receive political dressage.
I am sure, you would have learned more and in a more neutral way, if you would have studied in Israel :)

In 1935 Hitler reinstated national service and the army became bigger.
1936 Germany intervened with the so called Legion Condor in the Spanish Civil war, actively supporting the spanish fascists with air force units, advisors and material.
1936 Germany reoccupied the demilitarised Rhineland, 1938 marched into Chechoslovakia, occupying it and in the same year marched into Austria, which became then part of the Greater German Reich.
So, german soldiers were quite occupied before the war.

Regards
ze germanguy

In 1935 Hitler reinstated national service and the army became bigger.
1936 Germany intervened with the so called Legion Condor in the Spanish Civil war, actively supporting the spanish fascists with air force units, advisors and material.
The war in Spain was a German-Soviet proxy war. Your teachers failed to let ypu know that the Soviets supported the Spanish Republicans.

1936 Germany reoccupied the demilitarised Rhineland, 1938 marched into Chechoslovakia, occupying it and in the same year marched into Austria, which became then part of the Greater German Reich.
So, german soldiers were quite occupied before the war.
Again, you should blame your teachers:

689px-M%C3%BCnchner_abkommen5_en.svg.png

Sequence of events following the Munich Agreement:
1. Germany occupies the Sudetenland (October 1938).
2. Poland annexes Zaolzie, an area with a Polish plurality, over which the two countries had fought a war in 1919 (October 1938).
3. Hungary occupies border areas (southern third of Slovakia and southern Carpathian Ruthenia) with Hungarian minorities in accordance with the First Vienna Award (November 1938).
4. In March 1939, Hungary annexes Carpathian Ruthenia (which had been autonomous since October 1938).
5. The remaining Czech territories become the German satellite Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia.
6. The remainder of Czechoslovakia becomes Slovakia, another German satellite.

World War II?s Strangest Battle: When Americans and Germans Fought Together - The Daily Beast

Huh. This was timely.

Sorry if with the superior knowledge of history you already posted this. Also sorry if it is actuallt the ONLY time some German unit changed sides like the writer claims.

There HAS to be more examples.

Oh, what were them German troops doing before Poland and why?

So the Germans were beginning their quest to take over the world? Got it.

Throw me a reasonable bone here. What part of Germany was almost in revolt against Hitler? Any town or shanty? You seem familiar with the place. Give me reasons why total war against the general population was misguided in this total war situation.

World War II?s Strangest Battle: When Americans and Germans Fought Together - The Daily Beast

Huh. This was timely.

Sorry if with the superior knowledge of history you already posted this. Also sorry if it is actuallt the ONLY time some German unit changed sides like the writer claims.

There HAS to be more examples.

Oh, what were them German troops doing before Poland and why?

So the Germans were beginning their quest to take over the world? Got it.

Throw me a reasonable bone here. What part of Germany was almost in revolt against Hitler? Any town or shanty? You seem familiar with the place. Give me reasons why total war against the general population was misguided in this total war situation.
There is no claim that 100 % of the Germans were in Agreement with all Hitler did. So what´s your crazy point?

Yadda Yadda Yadda,

that I did not include all participants of the Munich Agreement - shove it.
The main point was that Germany´s army was before 1939 already in the marching in business.

And that German and US troops fought together against the SS is not necessarily a sign for Germans in opposition to Hitler. Yes there was a significant Resistance movement within Germany and no, it never played a decisive role. And especially in the military were some elements who detested Nazis, but would fail any test for application in today´s German Bundeswehr Officers Corps, because of lack of democratic spirit.

A lot of people also do not know, that some British POWs fought alongside Germans in 1945 on the Eastern front, because they feared the Red Army. Whatever you make out of this, it happened.

The war in Spain was a German-Soviet proxy war. Your teachers failed to let you know that the Soviets supported the Spanish Republicans.
In other words, the Soviets were supporting the legitimate government.

However, you make some good points about the dismemberment of Czechoslovakia.

Hitler was not the only unprincipled land-grabber.

In other words, the Soviets were supporting the legitimate government.
What ever it would have become, if they would have won. Maybe a Soviet Republic.

However, you make some good points about the dismemberment of Czechoslovakia.

Hitler was not the only unprincipled land-grabber.
Hitler or not: European borders never lasted long...
It is a big problem that other countrie´s deeds are ignored while Germany´s deeds are exposed.
Example:
As you can take from the 16 points plan, both the German and Polish armies were mobilized but today we "learn" that Germany made a raid on Poland. And despite the Soviet Union got 2/3 of Poland and Germany only 1/3, the Soviet role in the war is completely ignored.

Germans and Russians meet in Poland:
Spotkanie_Sojusznik%C3%B3w.jpg

Last edited:
that I did not include all participants of the Munich Agreement - shove it.
that you excluded all participants of the Munich Agreement except Germany... :tongue:

The main point was that Germany´s army was before 1939 already in the marching in business.
So what? Many armies were "in marching"...

Sure, Germany had allies, so what ? Does that diminish anything? Hey, WWII started because Hitler wanted it and found allies for that. So what? That the USSR was neither peace loving or peaceful is a known fact, so what is your point?

Sure, Germany had allies, so what ? Does that diminish anything? Hey, WWII started because Hitler wanted it and found allies for that. So what? That the USSR was neither peace loving or peaceful is a known fact, so what is your point?
Another Example:
Despite the Brits held about 1/4 (!) of the world´s territories in 1939, nobody blames them...
Heroic, how the Brits campaigned for Poland of all countries...

map_of_the_british_empire_in_the_1920s.png

A lot of "Lebensraum"...

Another Example:
Despite the Brits held about 1/4 (!) of the world´s territories in 1939, nobody blames them...
Heroic, how the Brits campaigned for Poland of all countries...

map_of_the_british_empire_in_the_1920s.png

A lot of "Lebensraum"...

A fair point. And don't forget to mention the U.S.A.'s habit of purchasing native american lands from Europeans or that shady Texas land grab.

None the less, in that toal war I am amazed there were not more pockets of German resistance to the NAZIs.

The U.K. was in the process (sped up by wwii) of losing and giving away its colonies. Some like Canada and Australia very successfully. Some like India in the middle and some under bad terms.

Are you of the opinion Germany just had colonial aspirations a few centuries too late? They were a newer country you could say.

Still does not make the Germans look better as a people by 20th century standards saying other folks like the Russians under Stalin were monsters. I would listen to genocide be a normal thing for thr times but it seems like a stretch.

'
According to an elderly German friend of mine, the following story was going the rounds in Germany during the Second World War:

One day, a farm wife went to see the village schoolmaster. In the school-house, she saw an object which she had never seen before. "Herr Professor Schulmeister," she asked, "What is that?" The schoolmaster replied, "Oh, that is a 'Globus'. All the countries of the world are on it."
"Oh," said the farm wife, "I've heard about such things. Germany is fighting Russia. Would you please show me Russia on the globus?" The schoolmaster pointed to Russia. "Oh," said the farm wife, "Russia is very big!" The schoolmaster agreed.
"Germany is also fighting the British Empire," said the farm wife, "Please show it to me on the globus." The schoolmaster pointed out all the parts of the British Empire on the globe. "Oh, it is very big!" exclaimed the woman. Then she said, "The Führer has just declared war on America. Would you please show me America on the globus?" The schoolmaster showed her where it was. "Oh," she said, "It's very big!" The schoolmaster agreed with her.
Next, the farm wife asked, "Das Großdeutsche Reich [The Greater German Reich], where is it on the globus?" The schoolmaster indicated it to her on the globe. There was a pause. "Tell me, Herr Professor Schulmeister," inquired the woman, "Hat der Führer einen Globus?"

great+dictator.png

Der Globus des Führers

Last edited:
A fair point. And don't forget to mention the U.S.A.'s habit of purchasing native american lands from Europeans or that shady Texas land grab.

None the less, in that toal war I am amazed there were not more pockets of German resistance to the NAZIs.

The U.K. was in the process (sped up by wwii) of losing and giving away its colonies. Some like Canada and Australia very successfully. Some like India in the middle and some under bad terms.

Are you of the opinion Germany just had colonial aspirations a few centuries too late? They were a newer country you could say.

Still does not make the Germans look better as a people by 20th century standards saying other folks like the Russians under Stalin were monsters. I would listen to genocide be a normal thing for thr times but it seems like a stretch.
Austria and Czech took place true to the motto "Heim ins Reich" (Back into the Reich), what means those territories are native parts of Germany already but need to politically integrated into the Reich again. The reasons for the German-Polish, German-Russian and German.American war are already explained. If there was a plan for "Lebensraum", it was secret and the population didn´t know about it.
By the way: Nobody said "the Russians" were monsters. We don´t blame a whole poeple here, for what its leader did.

And look at this Anti-German propaganda something. Also in WWI they accused Germany of trying to take over the world:
397px-Halfslavehalffree.png

Last edited:
'
According to an elderly German friend of mine, the following story was going the rounds in Germany during the Second World War:

One day, a farm wife went to see the village schoolmaster. In the school-house, she saw an object which she had never seen before. "Herr Professor Schulmeister," she asked, "What is that?" The schoolmaster replied, "Oh, that is a 'Globus'. All the countries of the world are on it."
"Oh," said the farm wife, "I've heard about such things. Germany is fighting Russia. Would you please show me Russia on the globus?" The schoolmaster pointed to Russia. "Oh," said the farm wife, "Russia is very big!" The schoolmaster agreed.
"Germany is also fighting the British Empire," said the farm wife, "Please show it to me on the globus." The schoolmaster pointed out all the parts of the British Empire on the globe. "Oh, it is very big!" exclaimed the woman. Then she said, "The Führer has just declared war on America. Would you please show me America on the globus?" The schoolmaster showed her where it was. "Oh," she said, "It's very big!" The schoolmaster agreed with her.
Next, the farm wife asked, "Das Großdeutsche Reich [The Greater German Reich], where is it on the globus?" The schoolmaster indicated it to her on the globe. There was a pause. "Tell me, Herr Professor Schulmeister," inquired the woman, "Hat der Führer einen Globus?"

great+dictator.png

Der Globus des Führers
Value countrie´s strength by the size only, is not very wise...
Nice Globus: Production of steel in million tons:
800px-Stahlerzeugung.svg.png

Forum List

Back