Dreams from his Father: Obama as Petulant Anticolonialist

What did we know about Bush before he was elected? I mean it's not like Obama appeared out of thin air. He was an Illinois state senator, then a U.S. senator. I still contend that the only way someone could keep saying "we don't know enough about this guy" is through willful ignorance.

BS, hardly ANYBODY had heard the name Obama until he became a Junior Senator of TWO YEARS and then started running for President.. Before that he was a lowly State Senator from one of the most corrupted state governments in this country, Illinois

Exactly. I distincly remember watching election returns the night he was elected to the senate, and thinking "where the f*ck did this guy come from"? He ran against Keyes, who had far more name recognition, at least on the national scene, and whose personal philosophy and views were well-known to anyone who keeps up with politics even at a minimal level.

What did we know about Bush before he was elected? I mean it's not like Obama appeared out of thin air. He was an Illinois state senator, then a U.S. senator. I still contend that the only way someone could keep saying "we don't know enough about this guy" is through willful ignorance.

BS, hardly ANYBODY had heard the name Obama until he became a Junior Senator of TWO YEARS and then started running for President.. Before that he was a lowly State Senator from one of the most corrupted state governments in this country, Illinois

The only reason people were vaguely familiar with G.W. Bush on a national level is because his father was a former president. Name recognition. Can you honestly say you knew anything about Dubya before he appeared on the national scene?
I have the feeling I'm about to get a dishonest answer to my question.:lol:

Dubya was a governor and owner of a Major league baseball team and you're a fucking retard

The only reason people were vaguely familiar with G.W. Bush on a national level is because his father was a former president. Name recognition. Can you honestly say you knew anything about Dubya before he appeared on the national scene?

Dubya was a governor and owner of a Major league baseball team and you're a fucking retard
Considering the overall quality of your intellectual discourse, likewise or perhaps even more so is to be said of you and your argumentative prowess. As such and henceforth you shall be on my ignore list.:eusa_whistle:

We should all know that Bush was Texas governor, hand picked by the powers that be. We also know he was a bad governor, leaving Texas worse in every statistic that matters.

Obama’s Dreams

by Thomas Sowell
Sep 3rd, 2012

After reading Barack Obama’s book “Dreams from My Father,” it became painfully clear that he has not been searching for the truth, because he assumed from an early age that he had already found the truth — and now it was just a question of filling in the details and deciding how to change things.

Obama did not simply happen to encounter a lot of people on the far left fringe during his life. As he spells out in his book, he actively sought out such people. There is no hint of the slightest curiosity on his part about other visions of the world that might be weighed against the vision he had seized upon.

As Professor Richard Epstein of the University of Chicago Law School has pointed out, Obama made no effort to take part in the marketplace of ideas with other faculty members when he was teaching a law course there. What would be the point, if he already knew the truth and knew that they were wrong?

This would be a remarkable position to take, even for a learned scholar who had already spent decades canvassing a vast amount of information and views on many subjects. But Obama was already doctrinaire at a very early age — and ill-informed or misinformed on both history and economics.

His statement in “Dreams from My Father” about how white men went to Africa to “drag away the conquered in chains” betrays his ignorance of African history.

---

Obama’s Dreams | FrontPage Magazine

obamamirror2.gif

Forum List

Back