Dreams from his Father: Obama as Petulant Anticolonialist

Create doubt when you have no other arguement. That is the way of small minds.

Our President has had some very real successes in his first two years in office. The Repukes want us to forget that, for they fought every single good thing done, including the New GI Bill.

Next, Stephanie and Frank will be trotting out the Birth Certificate arguement.

Talk about trying to derail a thread from the subject it is about.
Ah yes, back to Obama bashing. That's what this thread is about.
and I'd say the polls showing the Obama in the 40% approval rating in JUST TWO YEARS isn't showing, SOME VERY REAL SUCCESSES.

In the historical scheme of things, Obama's approval ratings are comparable to other presidents.http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/info-presapp0605-31.html Check out the link for comparisons.

Get off your prejudice high horse and find valid arguments as to why you don't like him.:eusa_whistle:

Our President has had some very real successes in his first two years in office. The Repukes want us to forget that, for they fought every single good thing done, including the New GI Bill.

and I'd say the polls showing the Obama in the 40% approval rating with the Amercian people in JUST TWO YEARS isn't showing, SOME VERY REAL SUCCESSES.

I would say that given the circumstances and the shit pile inherited from the Republicans, that is a pretty high rating.

Our President's chief mistake is trying to work with the Republicans. He should have take the Lyndon Johnson approach just as soon as the Repukes made it known that they were going to stonewall him on every single item. You don't deal nice with unnice people.

well we all know you lefties wouldn't mind living under a DICTATOR. but unfortunately for you we do have a Republican party..:lol:

and I'd say the polls showing the Obama in the 40% approval rating with the Amercian people in JUST TWO YEARS isn't showing, SOME VERY REAL SUCCESSES.

I would say that given the circumstances and the shit pile inherited from the Republicans, that is a pretty high rating.

Our President's chief mistake is trying to work with the Republicans. He should have take the Lyndon Johnson approach just as soon as the Repukes made it known that they were going to stonewall him on every single item. You don't deal nice with unnice people.

well we all know you Democrats wouldn't mind living under a DICTATOR. but unfortunately for you we do have a Republican party..:lol:

Now you are being melodramatic. Melodrama is what moved places like Germany and Italy into oppressive dictatorships. Quite ironic.:lol:

and I'd say the polls showing the Obama in the 40% approval rating in JUST TWO YEARS isn't showing, SOME VERY REAL SUCCESSES.

In the historical scheme of things, Obama's approval ratings are comparable to other presidents.Presidential Approval Ratings History - Interactive Comparison Graph - WSJ.com Check out the link for comparisons.

Get off your prejudice high horse and find valid arguments as to why you don't like him.:eusa_whistle:

speaking of riding HIGH HORES^^^^^^^
here's a clue, get over YOUR high and mighty SELF.:lol:

In the historical scheme of things, Obama's approval ratings are comparable to other presidents.Presidential Approval Ratings History - Interactive Comparison Graph - WSJ.com Check out the link for comparisons.

:cuckoo:

spock-illogical2.png

interesting read..links in article.

SNIP:
On the eve of the 2008 election, veteran newsman Tom Brokaw famously declared that we don’t know Barack Obama. The astonishing admission occurred during a discussion on the Charlie Rose Show, and fellow veteran newsman Charlie Rose agreed wholeheartedly with Brokaw’s admitted ignorance of the man they both wanted to see elected to the most powerful office on earth:

Shortly after the election, CNN’s Jonathan Mann wrote that Americans “are putting a lot of faith in a man they barely know.” This was true and, perhaps unintentionally, quite a powerful indictment of his employer.
YouTube - Brokaw and Rose Admit They Don't Know Much About Obama.

Shortly after the election, CNN’s Jonathan Mann wrote that Americans “are putting a lot of faith in a man they barely know.” This was true and, perhaps unintentionally, quite a powerful indictment of his employer.

The idea of Tom Brokaw, former anchor of one of the Big Three nightly newscasts and one of America’s most prolific news anchors, a man steeped in American politics for decades on end, declaring that “we don’t understand the universe” of Obama’s thinking was incredible at the time. We had by then come to know of Rev. Jeremiah Wright and his peculiar race-centric Chicago church. We had by then come to know of Obama’s relationship with William Ayers, the unrepentant 1960s radical terrorist who had openly lamented that he and his ilk hadn’t committed enough violence against America to end the Vietnam war. We had, by November 2008, already come to know of Obama’s past work with ACORN, the corrupt community organizing group, and we already knew that he planned to continue and elevate ACORN’s work as president. Those of us who paid close attention knew that in his books Obama himself had confessed to associating with the radicals and Marxists on campus during his college days. We already knew all of this, yet Brokaw, Rose, and Mann were to some extent right to say that we still didn’t really know the universe of Obama’s thinking.

Nearly 20 months into the Obama presidency, it’s finally becoming clear just how little about Obama we and the media that covered him really understood about him. Fifty-two percent of America elected a dream, but they didn’t know whose dream they were putting in the White House or what sort of personality would drive that dream.

the rest and comments.
Pajamas Media Dreams from his Father: Obama as Petulant Anticolonialist

Since when is being anti-colonialist a bad thing? I and all of my pol sci professors are anti-colonialist as we all agree that colonialism has caused more suffering, misery, destruction and death of vast populations than pretty much anything else (well, with the exception of religion). Actually, every single person with a brain that I know is anti-colonialist. Why would a thinking black man be for it? Just THINK about it. I won't spell it out for ya.

Besides that - who has ever known any of the presidential candidates 'fully' before them being elected? I knew about Clinton or Bush as much as I know about Obama - this is not a point, this is total BS.

This whole thread is just a laughable attempt at Obama-bashing. Come up with real arguments and points. Whit stooooopid shit like this you just make yourself look like an absolute idiot.

Howgh.

Last edited:

spock-illogical2.png

what, hit a nerve for showing you to be the jerk you are...:lol:

SNIP:
On the eve of the 2008 election, veteran newsman Tom Brokaw famously declared that we don’t know Barack Obama. The astonishing admission occurred during a discussion on the Charlie Rose Show, and fellow veteran newsman Charlie Rose agreed wholeheartedly with Brokaw’s admitted ignorance of the man they both wanted to see elected to the most powerful office on earth:

YouTube - Brokaw and Rose Admit They Don't Know Much About Obama.

The idea of Tom Brokaw, former anchor of one of the Big Three nightly newscasts and one of America’s most prolific news anchors, a man steeped in American politics for decades on end, declaring that “we don’t understand the universe” of Obama’s thinking was incredible at the time. We had by then come to know of Rev. Jeremiah Wright and his peculiar race-centric Chicago church. We had by then come to know of Obama’s relationship with William Ayers, the unrepentant 1960s radical terrorist who had openly lamented that he and his ilk hadn’t committed enough violence against America to end the Vietnam war. We had, by November 2008, already come to know of Obama’s past work with ACORN, the corrupt community organizing group, and we already knew that he planned to continue and elevate ACORN’s work as president. Those of us who paid close attention knew that in his books Obama himself had confessed to associating with the radicals and Marxists on campus during his college days. We already knew all of this, yet Brokaw, Rose, and Mann were to some extent right to say that we still didn’t really know the universe of Obama’s thinking.

Nearly 20 months into the Obama presidency, it’s finally becoming clear just how little about Obama we and the media that covered him really understood about him. Fifty-two percent of America elected a dream, but they didn’t know whose dream they were putting in the White House or what sort of personality would drive that dream.

the rest and comments.
Pajamas Media Dreams from his Father: Obama as Petulant Anticolonialist

Since when is being anti-colonialist a bad thing? I and all of my pol sci professors are anti-colonialist as we all agree that colonialism has caused more suffering, misery, destruction and death of vast populations than pretty much anything else (well, with the exception of religion). Actually, every single person with a brain that I know is anti-colonialist. Why would a thinking black man be for it? Just THINK about it. I won't spell it out for ya.

Besides that - who has ever known any of the presidential candidates 'fully' before them being elected? I knew about Clinton or Bush as much as I know about Obama - this is not a point, this is total BS.

This whole thread is just a laughable attempt at Obama-bashing. Come up with real arguments and points. Whit stooooopid shit like this you just make yourself look like an absolute idiot.

Howgh.
This whole argument of not knowing "enough" about Obama is a backdoor way of emphasizing Obama's differentness, therefore is foreignness and lack of similarity in thought and culture to "mainstream America.":eusa_whistle:

Only REPUBLICANS could envision any benefits to colonialism.....
249.gif

"In 1945, the Democratic Republic of Vietnam was formed with Ho Chi Minh as the first President. American planes flew over Hanoi in celebration of the founding. The Vietnamese Declaration of Independence echoed that of the U.S.: "All men are created equal. They are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights, among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...This immortal statement is extracted from the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America in 1776. Understood in the broader sense this means: All people on earth are born equal. Every person has the right to live, to be happy, and free."

Ho Chi Minh asked the Americans to honor their commitment to independence, citing the Atlantic Charter and the U.N. Charter on self-determination. However, by the end of the war, the U.S. government had begun to redirect its foreign policy from the wartime goal of the liberation of all occupied countries and colonies to the postwar anti-communist crusade, which became the Cold War.
In France, where communists had led the resistance to the Nazi occupation, American policy supported General Charles de Gaulle and his anti-communist "Free French." De Gaulle aimed to restore the glory of France, which meant the return of all former French colonies. U.S. relations with the Vietnamese turned sour. President Truman refused to answer letters or cables from Ho. Instead, the U.S. began to ship military aid to the French forces in Indochina."

Yeah.....whatta great talking-point, Republicans.......Pro-Colonialism.

you are one priceless nut job.what the hell does this article have TO DO WITH Republicans?..:cuckoo:

especially since Eisenhower refused to pull the french chestnuts out of the fire, but we did get into Vietnam and well, damn how was that again?

Annnnyywwaay.Great read Steph. thx for posting it.

What did we know about Bush before he was elected? I mean it's not like Obama appeared out of thin air. He was an Illinois state senator, then a U.S. senator. I still contend that the only way someone could keep saying "we don't know enough about this guy" is through willful ignorance.

he was the gov. of Texas for 5 years, hello?

The first or second largest sate in the union? You realize that there is a reason why a huge preponderance of past C in C's have been governors?....states are to an extent a microcosm of the country.

what do you know about Obamas legislative record in the Illinois state leg.?

what did he vote or not vote for?

What were his stances on....;

State Budgets ( financial/fiscal responsibility)?

Criime ( Law Enforcement)?

Health care ?

Education?

Guns?

Housing?

go ahead, have fun finding out, we'll still be here..... we'll see you a couple of weeks from now, don't forget to write!!!.

What did we know about Bush before he was elected? I mean it's not like Obama appeared out of thin air. He was an Illinois state senator, then a U.S. senator. I still contend that the only way someone could keep saying "we don't know enough about this guy" is through willful ignorance.

His last name was "Bush", what more did we need to know?

SNIP:

Howgh.

It's not. This is just the right's newest smear campaign against Obama where they are going to try to paint him as a "Liberation Theologist" or whatever the hell it's called.

It's asinine, but so is the right wing.

Really?

Okay well, pray tell, wake me when they run on those success on the campaign trial. I mean are you kidding or what?

How many incumbents or new runners has Obama been invited to campaign with and for?

Clinton is more popular on the campaign trail than Barry is....so either Barry sux as a communicator or hes damaged goods....and when he dopes set up his own "townhalls" etc. hes sounds like a venal, mudslinging everyday pol. and that the left saying that too btw,
(He is lowering himself and the office by crawling into the mud with very harsh and partisan rhetoric etc., but alas, thats the Chicago way).

Considering he had locked votes in both houses and the exec. mansion he stumbled and fumbled and bumbled and barley got HC across the finish line AND now, they don't even want to talk about it on the camp. trail. That sound like success to you?

How about Stimulus? I think it was Gallup it maybe even abc ran a word check, "stimulus" is another word not heard on the campaign trail coming out of Democrats mouths...why do you suppose that is?

And his HC Sec. Sibelius is threatening ins. cos, if you don't keep quiet we will lock you out of exchanges in 2014, yes very nice, if Bush et al had tried that crap the MSM would be howling; " hes a dictator" stifling free speech", " these co's are experts they know better, Bush is shutting them up" blew the bill etc etc etc etc etc ..we have seen this movie before and know how it turns out.

He rode Bush coattails on Tarp , ( which a lot of reps didn't agree with) yes he did APPEAR to save GM,we'll see how the IPO goes etc. so don't count your chickens yet. He DID save Cerberus, a PRIVATE firm btw who owned Chrysler...what he really did is payback the UAW et al for years of dems sppt. so lets get real here.

Volkswagen is going to go ahead and build another Factory in Tennessee, breaking ground in the next quarter ( a Jap.co. has plans too I think its Nissan for I have to look it up again) ....a right to work state BTW, it will NOT be Unionized, the UAW is a dinosaur, yes good job Barry. ......But you need the suckers, I mean rubes, darn it I mean the membership paying dues so their leadership can steer it to you for 2012. Thats what that was about.

Meanwhile GM is going to build a plant in Mexico....so wheres the angst now? Jobs going overseas?What happening Barry? You beat that drum till it bled for Christ sakes.....

I await the media frothing at the mouth over that news.......NOT, it will never happen, they didn't investigate Barry ( but they sent planeloads to Wasilla:lol:) , becasue, they have a vested interest in him.

Last edited:
The USA has been electing people we bearly knew since Ike left office.

:confused:

Kennedy wasn't known?

Johnson got elected based on the sympathy vote and the time he spent filling out Kennedy term, I'll agree on him

. Nixon? He had a career in DC going back over 20 years...2 term VP.

Ford agree, Carter agreed..

Reagan? gov, of cali.etc.....he was known

Bush 1, VP for 8 years....

Clinton - agreed unknown.....bush 2 known..

Barry- most unknown of them all...and willfully so.

When it comes out of the mouth of right-wing pundits: "we don't know Obama" = "Obama is not a White Anglo Saxon Protestant and therefore you should fear him".

Good to know the right never really abandoned the Southern Strategy.

Yeah, Brokaw, someone should have investigated Obama, talked with his friends and mentors and reported back to us, and I mean someone besides Sean Hannity who seemed to be the only person doing just that

We didn't know ENOUGH?!?!?!?! I did! The constant reports of his rebel and anti-America friends and associates as an adult and the twenty years he spent going to a church where the radical American hating pastor Rev. Wright preached the fabricated evils of our country, plus Michelle Obama saying in a speech about this being the first time in her adult life that she has been proud of her country, all gave me a chilling and suspicious feeling about the man running for POTUS. Huge red flags.

Last edited:

he was the gov. of Texas for 5 years, hello?
What did you know of him before he ran for president other than that fact?
The first or second largest sate in the union? You realize that there is a reason why a huge preponderance of past C in C's have been governors?....states are to an extent a microcosm of the country.
Texas is a microcosm of the country? :lol: Keep telling yourself that... Don't mess with U.S.A.!
what do you know about Obamas legislative record in the Illinois state leg.?

what did he vote or not vote for?

What were his stances on....;

State Budgets ( financial/fiscal responsibility)?

Criime ( Law Enforcement)?

Health care ?

Education?

Guns?

Housing?

go ahead, have fun finding out, we'll still be here..... we'll see you a couple of weeks from now, don't forget to write!!!.

Ok, when I return from my research I expect you to have answer for those questions regarding Bush's record. While we're at it, I guess George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, JFK, LBJ, and Eisenhower were all governors before taking the top job. I missed the part in the constitution which states "and the candidate shall have been a state governor prior in order to be eligible."

His last name was "Bush", what more did we need to know?

I think you're being facetious, in which case I'll laugh...:lol:

Forum List

Back