Draper's new book: Secret Meeting by GOP to take down Obama

I know you guys LOVE to play the Mitch McConnell video as proof that the GOP wasn't willing to work with Barry, TM but there's only one HUGE problem with your scenario. That was Mitch McConnell speaking a YEAR after Barack Obama had been in office, during which time Obama basically told the GOP to go sit in the hall while he, Nancy and Harry did their thing.

The reason that Mitch McConnell at that point was saying that the number one priority was getting rid of Barack Obama was that Barack Obama was ruining our country with things LIKE ObamaCare and his stimulus. Barack Obama promised to be non-partisan and then told Eric Cantor that "elections have consequences...I won". That wasn't a year into his term as President...that was less than a month into it. So don't tell me that it was the GOP that wouldn't compromise with this President because Barack Obama basically thumbed his nose at them while he wielded his super majorities.

Well, there we go! I just KNEW if you wrote long enough, you could refer to him by his proper name. Attaboy!

I'm amused by those of you that had no problem referring to George W. Bush as "Dubya" but just "bristle" at my calling Barack Obama "Barry" a name that he himself went by most of his adult life.

ali2.jpg

You forgot to include his shoes.

IMG_6564.JPG

However, none of that precludes the FACT that on election night, this meeting was held, and things unfolded exactly as stated at the meeting. McConnell was not at the meeting, but the Party of NO managed to get the Congressional approval rating down to 9%.

From the book, and this is how I know who shared the meeting information with Draper.

Luntz was secretly overjoyed. When had Republicans in a group setting ever acknowledged how badly they had blown it? When had they ever recognized that they had become part of the problem rather than the solution. Maybe they don't see how big this is, he thought.

Italics by the author, Robert Draper.

Well, there we go! I just KNEW if you wrote long enough, you could refer to him by his proper name. Attaboy!

I'm amused by those of you that had no problem referring to George W. Bush as "Dubya" but just "bristle" at my calling Barack Obama "Barry" a name that he himself went by most of his adult life.

I voted for Bush twice, so maybe you could stop playing 'people in a box' at my expense, kthxbai.

I voted for Bush twice, so maybe you could stop playing 'people in a box' at my expense, kthxbai.

You voted for bush twice? even when he appeared to be a conservative? Really running against Gore and then Kerry you just voted for Bush? You're to far left to have voted for Bush when he appeared to be a conservative. It's just not possible.

You voted for bush twice? even when he appeared to be a conservative? Really running against Gore and then Kerry you just voted for Bush? You're to far left to have voted for Bush when he appeared to be a conservative. It's just not possible.

I was a member of the Assembly of God for 2-3 decades. Bush was the only choice. I didn't think, I just agreed.

I'm not saying that's anybody's experience but my own. When I left the church and started thinking instead of reacting, I was a liberal.

NBC News Decision Republican Convention News (Secret Meeting to Take Down Obama Exposed)

On Obama's inauguration day, Congressional Republican leadership held a secret meeting where they agreed to oppose President Obama on every economic proposal according to Robert Draper's new book.

GOP secret meeting to take down the President on the Night of the Inauguration

Do Not Ask What Good We Do

Not really much of a surprise. We knew these guys are treasonous bastards. They hate having a black president in the WHITE House so much, they couldn't even wait to see his economic policies. And look at the damage they've done to the US. They haven't even tried to help get the country out of a recession they created. Republicans on this very board echo the same sentiment. The Republican Party is 90% white for a reason. And centered in the Confederacy? Duh! A double whammy of treason and lies. Sick of the fake patriotism the spews from these secessionists. I'm not calling ALL Republicans treasonous racist scum. I don't have to. They know who they are. And they are proud of their hate and racism.

6 CFR 25.2 (Act of Terrorism) makes unlawful acts which cause harm to a person, property or entity in the United States; Conspiring to do so as alleged above seems to meet the definition of an act of terrorism. Too bad the law had not been in effect in November 2008.

Still, the names of those who engaged in this meeting, if the allegation is true, are enemies of the people the United States. To thwart the policies of a President, elected by the people even before said policies have been announced is beyond despicable, it is treasonous if not treason.

I don't have the book (yet); please post the names of those who engaged in this conspiracy.

Last edited:
NBC News Decision Republican Convention News (Secret Meeting to Take Down Obama Exposed)

On Obama's inauguration day, Congressional Republican leadership held a secret meeting where they agreed to oppose President Obama on every economic proposal according to Robert Draper's new book.

GOP secret meeting to take down the President on the Night of the Inauguration

Do Not Ask What Good We Do

Not really much of a surprise. We knew these guys are treasonous bastards. They hate having a black president in the WHITE House so much, they couldn't even wait to see his economic policies. And look at the damage they've done to the US. They haven't even tried to help get the country out of a recession they created. Republicans on this very board echo the same sentiment. The Republican Party is 90% white for a reason. And centered in the Confederacy? Duh! A double whammy of treason and lies. Sick of the fake patriotism the spews from these secessionists. I'm not calling ALL Republicans treasonous racist scum. I don't have to. They know who they are. And they are proud of their hate and racism.

6 CFR 25.2 (Act of Terrorism) makes unlawful acts which cause harm to a person, property or entity in the United States; Conspiring to do so as alleged above seems to meet the definition of an act of terrorism. Too bad the law had not been in effect in November 2008.

Still, the names of those who engaged in this meeting, if the allegation is true, are enemies of the people the United States. To thwart the policies of a President, elected by the people even before said policies have been announced is beyond despicable, it is treasonous if not treason.

I don't have the book (yet); please post the names of those who engaged in this conspiracy.

According to Draper, the guest list that night (which was just over 15 people in total) included Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.), along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.). The non-lawmakers present included Newt Gingrich, several years removed from his presidential campaign, and Frank Luntz, the long-time Republican wordsmith. Notably absent were Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) -- who, Draper writes, had an acrimonious relationship with Luntz.

For several hours in the Caucus Room (a high-end D.C. establishment), the book says they plotted out ways to not just win back political power, but to also put the brakes on Obama's legislative platform.

"If you act like you're the minority, you're going to stay in the minority," Draper quotes McCarthy as saying. "We've gotta challenge them on every single bill and challenge them on every single campaign."

Robert Draper Book: GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

After democrats undermined the Military mission in Iraq for eight years they think a "secret" meeting by republicans is an example of treason? Hello, Harry Reid said "the war in Iraq is lost" just prior to the Troop Surge. Now deceased democrat congressman John Murtha called Marines "murderers" and democrat senator John Kerry called Soldiers "terrorists". Democrats snickered at the full page ad in the NY Times calling the commander of US Troops "betray-us". All of these treasonous things were intended to impact the morale of the American Military.
none of those statements are treasonous..(freedom of speech) or is freedom of expression ONLY FOR PEOPLE YOU LIKE?

However, none of that precludes the FACT that on election night, this meeting was held, and things unfolded exactly as stated at the meeting. McConnell was not at the meeting, but the Party of NO managed to get the Congressional approval rating down to 9%.

From the book, and this is how I know who shared the meeting information with Draper.

Luntz was secretly overjoyed. When had Republicans in a group setting ever acknowledged how badly they had blown it? When had they ever recognized that they had become part of the problem rather than the solution. Maybe they don't see how big this is, he thought.

Quite frankly, Boop...who cares? Barack Obama comes into his term with Democratic control of the Senate, House and the Oval Office and proceeds to squander that by passing ObamaCare and his stimulus...two things that were SO bad that they got Democrats voted out of office in record numbers come the midterm election. That has ZERO to do with GOP opposition...that's just an indication of how badly he messed things up. The American people wanted immediate action to put people back to work and for their President to do something about the skyrocketing cost of health care. Instead of that, Barry gave them a stimulus plan that protected the jobs of people in the public sector unions that supported him and left everyone else twisting in the wind. Oh, and ObamaCare of course...which didn't do anything to lower the cost of most American's health care but actually raised it...all the while adding TRILLIONS to our national debt.

But you want us to believe it's all REALLY the fault of a GOP conspiracy...even though the Republicans had control of ZERO parts of the legislative process? Too funny...

Quite frankly, Boop...who cares? Barack Obama comes into his term with Democratic control of the Senate, House and the Oval Office and proceeds to squander that by passing ObamaCare and his stimulus...two things that were SO bad that they got Democrats voted out of office in record numbers come the midterm election. That has ZERO to do with GOP opposition...that's just an indication of how badly he messed things up. The American people wanted immediate action to put people back to work and for their President to do something about the skyrocketing cost of health care. Instead of that, Barry gave them a stimulus plan that protected the jobs of people in the public sector unions that supported him and left everyone else twisting in the wind. Oh, and ObamaCare of course...which didn't do anything to lower the cost of most American's health care but actually raised it...all the while adding TRILLIONS to our national debt.

But you want us to believe it's all REALLY the fault of a GOP conspiracy...even though the Republicans had control of ZERO parts of the legislative process? Too funny...

Well, obviously you don't care, but that has no bearing on anything.

Having said that, why did you go on and do all that tl;dr writing.

I was a member of the Assembly of God for 2-3 decades. Bush was the only choice. I didn't think, I just agreed.

I'm not saying that's anybody's experience but my own. When I left the church and started thinking instead of reacting, I was a liberal.

So you're basically saying you left one "church" and joined another...where you still aren't doing any thinking.

I don't care about a "secret" (whoooo...scary...scary...) meeting, Boop because it didn't really matter WHAT the GOP was doing in 2009 because the Democrats were calling the shots. That is reality. All this nonsense from Deanie and TM is just a desperate attempt to excuse what Barack Obama DID with his super-majorities.

So you're basically saying you left one "church" and joined another...where you still aren't doing any thinking.

Where did I say I joined another.

I don't care about a "secret" (whoooo...scary...scary...) meeting, Boop because it didn't really matter WHAT the GOP was doing in 2009 because the Democrats were calling the shots. That is reality. All this nonsense from Deanie and TM is just a desperate attempt to excuse what Barack Obama DID with his super-majorities.

Again. Your opinion. If you don't give a shit, then leave the thread.

That was 2009.

right after the fucking republican party crashed the entire worlds economy.

The top priority was not jobs, the economy, the American people?

Nope it was partisan poltics

here we are back with the Republicans crashed the ENTIRE WORLDS ECONOMY..

we had a thing called 9/11 and I sure as hell didn't see THE WORLD fall apart.

you lefties are good at your hysterical LYING

Where did I say I joined another.
that's the oldest trick in the book of dodging,
it's in chapter six "I know you are but what am I"

That was 2009.

right after the fucking republican party crashed the entire worlds economy.

The top priority was not jobs, the economy, the American people?

Nope it was partisan poltics

here we are back with the Republicans crashed the ENTIRE WORLDS ECONOMY..

we had a thing called 9/11 and I sure as hell didn't see THE WORLD fall apart.

you lefties are good at your hysterical LYING
in denial much?
the world has changed drastically since 911...

Forum List

Back