Dr. Laura's "N word" Rant

Good people don't use racial slurs even if they think they are somehow 'deserved' because the minority group uses them to address each other. What's worse than the slur is the idea that someone can be treated poorly simply on the basis of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity.

It's not just the word, it's what goes behind the word.

Last edited:
It's a typical double standard, blacks can call us whitey, cracker, honkey and a host of other racial terms but shame on us if we say the n-word no matter the context.

I am offended just as much if I am called those names, as I am with the n word. I do not think any of it is okay. I think is it equal. Who thinks it is okay to call whites names?
No one thinks it's ok to call white people by slurs either.

How many blacks have been forced out of their jobs by using whitey, cracker, honkey, ****...etc...? None that I know of.

How many times as a black been called out for using any of those terms? None that I know of.

So while you say that no one thinks it's ok to use racist terms against whites, no one ever steps up to condemn it.

I am offended just as much if I am called those names, as I am with the n word. I do not think any of it is okay. I think is it equal. Who thinks it is okay to call whites names?

How many blacks have been forced out of their jobs by using whitey, cracker, honkey, ****...etc...? None that I know of.

How many times as a black been called out for using any of those terms? None that I know of.

So while you say that no one thinks it's ok to use racist terms against whites, no one ever steps up to condemn it.

I don't have many occasions these days to observe blacks using white slurs. I would step in if I observed it. Worse than the words thsmselves is the hate behind it.

Last edited:

I see what you are saying, but that is such a broad brush. I can't think of any examples where a black used racial slurs and nothing came of it.
Not saying it has not happened, but saying I don't remember any cases.
Do you?

I see what you are saying, but that is such a broad brush. I can't think of any examples where a black used racial slurs and nothing came of it.
Do you?

Try and imagine what kind of scenarios would be going on where blacks would address whites with slurs.....

Street scenes, school, prison?

I used to live in a racially mixed neighborhood in Portland, Oregon. Lot's of black people in my neighborhood. I was never addressed by a racial slur. The only times in my life that I was were in my childhood in NYC, and in Lousiville Ky where I went to college. Instead of white slurs I was called an N lover.

I have been addressed by anti-gay slurs delivered in anger in my adult life.

Last edited:

Do you?

That's my point, people like Louis Farrakhan, Rev. Jackson and Wright can use racial slurs against whites all day long yet no one either notices or cares. But have a white person say anything disparaging about blacks and folks are calling for the jobs!

Do you?

That's my point, people like Louis Farrakhan, Rev. Jackson and Wright can use racial slurs against whites all day long yet no one either notices or cares. But have a white person say anything disparaging about blacks and folks are calling for the jobs!

EVERYBODY condemns Louis Farrakhan, even the NAACP.

Do you?

really?
Rev Wright too?

Do you?

Nice try, but if that were true he wouldn't have the following that he does.

Nice try, but if that were true he wouldn't have the following that he does.

It is true. The NAACP took a lot of flack for that.

Do you?

Try and imagine what kind of scenarios would be going on where blacks would address whites with slurs.....

Street scenes, school, prison?

I used to live in a racially mixed neighborhood in Portland, Oregon. Lot's of black people in my neighborhood. I was never addressed by a racial slur. The only times in my life that I was were in my childhood in NYC, and in Lousiville Ky where I went to college. Instead of white slurs I was called an N lover.

I have been addressed by anti-gay slurs delivered in anger in my adult life.

I hear ya, but not sure those would be scenarios where someone could lose a job over it..etc.

Only once - several years ago - I was called a ''blond white bitch'', as I passed 3 black females in a parking lot. I shrugged it off, got in my car and left.

I have been living the last 2 years in a small town which is more black than white % wise, and to my knowledge there have not been incidences going on.
My neighborhood (nice neighborhood), is mixed. I never know of any problems.
Which of course I am happy for.

I was just wondering about what was said about blacks not being forced out of jobs as whites are.....which Lonestar_logic brought up.

Do you?

Well, the 3 you mention, yes, you are correct there.

Maybe it's a pundits job to be provocative. Are you going to fault fire for being hot?

Last edited:
Maybe it's a pundits job to be provocative. Are you going to fault fire for being hot?

Not sure what you refer to. If it is Jackson, Wright, and Farrakhan, they don't get a pass in my book.

Hmmm. So where did this come from? (I don't know anything about the reliability of this site however.)

ATLANTA (FinalCall.com) - The Black Mecca of political, spiritual and educational leadership joined other national organizations and local groups around the country by endorsing the 10th anniversary commemoration of the Million Man MarchTM in a weekend of events March 18-21.

The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan traversed the city speaking to business, civic, clergy and elected political leaders, creating unity that has never been in the Black community. Joining them to round off the growing support for this historic event is the city’s hip hop community, featuring Ludacris and Outkast’s Big Boi.

These groups, individuals and organizations joined the NAACP, the National Council of Negro Women, the United Pentecostal Churches of Christ, the New Black Panther Party, Bishop Vashti McKenzie and the AME Church, and Rev. Walter Faunteroy’s National Black Leadership Roundtable as supporters of the march. . . . .
Atlanta leadership endorses the March

Forum List

Back