Dow set to surge more than 400 points...

Billions of dollars in tariffs paid by American manufacturers, of course, have nothing to do with the present Trump induced economic disaster...
How many companies are importing raw steel?

Steel, which tariffs cost both Ford and GM a billion dollars each this year, is just parT of the disaster. The US no longer sells soybeans, for example. However, Brazil is very happy with trump, since they are now trading with China. I pay more for Coke, now that I have to pay tariffs on aluminum cans.

Billions of dollars in tariffs paid by American manufacturers, of course, have nothing to do with the present Trump induced economic disaster...
Why do you need a specific number of companies. Do you doubt steel imports play a significant roll in our auto and construction industries?

Dow rebounds from 780-point plunge, ends day just slightly lower on report Fed may pause hikes

Oh, ye of little faith......LOLOL

Dow rebounds from 780-point plunge, ends day just slightly lower on report Fed may pause hikes
You’re bragging about a 780 bounce back after being down over 800 points to finish in the negative?! Seriously man what are you smoking?
shots! Even with good economic news today, unemployment still only 3.7 % and 150,000+ jobs added, the arrest of a Chinese CFO is driving the market....Tell me THAT makes sense or just something to BOUNCE the market!

Why do you need a specific number of companies. Do you doubt steel imports play a significant roll in our auto and construction industries?
Not steel...raw steel.
And yes, there’s a difference...
Companies that import already made products don’t pay a tariff.

Trump has been building with imported steel for decades.

As he has stated for over 20 years.
He wants an end to this.
At least I know you never watched a Trump interview.
Very sad for a supposedly savvy finance professional such as yourself.

You’re bragging about a 780 bounce back after being down over 800 points to finish in the negative?! Seriously man what are you smoking?
shots! Even with good economic news today, unemployment still only 3.7 % and 150,000+ jobs added, the arrest of a Chinese CFO is driving the market....Tell me THAT makes sense or just something to BOUNCE the market!

...and, the DOW dropped another 460 points today.....

...and, the DOW dropped another 460 points today.....
How many puts did you sell?

He wants an end to this.

Why would I want to listen to a man who is a pathological liar?

He wants an end to this.

Obozo isn't president, anymore... thank GOD!

He wants an end to this.

I’m glad to know you don’t listen to yourself.

DOW performance

5 Day
-4.50%
1 Month -6.84%
3 Months -5.89%
YTD -1.34%

Last edited:
BTW - if my numbers are right - during Obama's Presidency, the DOW rose by an average of 1.54% per month.

(DOW was 7949.09 when he took office and was 19,732 when he left office)

So far, during Trump's 22+ months in office, the DOW has risen an average of 1.07% per month (and it is down YTD).

(DOW was 19,732 when he took office - it was technically at 19,780 the minute he took office, but whatever - and is 24.388.95 today)

So, Obama saw a higher average monthly growth of the DOW during his Presidency then Donald has during his (so far).

Once again, I am an indy...I despise both major parties.

Last edited:
As much as the Left wants to make this a big crash so that they can blame it on Trump, they're just guessing and hoping for the worst.

Right now, as of this moment and subject to change, we're in a regular correction and still below the 13% typical correction drawdown. The biggest variables remain China/Trade and the Fed's position on interest rates.

Here we are right now, and we're paying close attention:

34a3b259-10bb-4b9d-956b-24faa6936653-original.gif

As much as the Left wants to make this a big crash so that they can blame it on Trump, they're just guessing and hoping for the worst.

Right now, as of this moment and subject to change, we're in a regular correction and still below the 13% typical correction drawdown. The biggest variables remain China/Trade and the Fed's position on interest rates.

Here we are right now, and we're paying close attention:

34a3b259-10bb-4b9d-956b-24faa6936653-original.gif

What are you babbling about?
No one that I have seen has called this some huge crash. People are simply pointing out what has happened, why they think it has happened and what they think might happen next.
Sure, the left is more pleased than the right (just as the reverse was going on in 2017)...but you are over blowing things.

And are you blind? I just posted two posts above yours what the stats were for various terms for the DOW...NONE of them pointed to a HUGE crash.
Jeez.

And you know, I am getting a little sick of your condescending attitude. You talk from up high like you are above it all - Mr. Peace Lover.
But - like with this post of yours - you often seem to just want to stir up shit to make yourself feel/look special.

From what I have seen, pal - you are no more 'special' than anyone else around here. Sure you make good points sometimes. But then your condescension shows up...like here.

Last edited:

Okay...show us your link to unbiased, factual proof that the entire Left (you said 'left' - you did not say 'some/most of the left') wants this to be a big crash?

I guarantee that you cannot.

Last edited:

Okay...show us your link to unbiased, factual proof that the entire Left (you said 'left' - you did not say 'some/most of the left') wants this to be a big crash?

I guarantee that you cannot because I KNOW that they all do not.

And, finally, as I said before, you claim to look after people's money. But every, single theory you have stated makes me think you are either a) lying about that; or b) you 'expertise' is limited to say the least. I certainly would not leave any money with you - you seem macroeconomically clueless.
Oh sure, you know your terms and stats...but you seem to have no idea why what is happening is actually happening.
Also, in our previous dealings, you come across as having a VERY thin skin...not something I would want in someone looking after my money.

Now, go on...post a 'Funny' smilie and run off without debating me. After the last time we did and the (IMO) pasting I gave you...I am not surprised. Funny. You claim to run a large investment account. Yet you cannot handle debating with just one nobody on a chat forum.

Have a nice day.
I just don't care. Sorry.

I guarantee that you cannot because I KNOW that they all do not.

And, finally, as I said before, you claim to look after people's money. But every, single theory you have stated makes me think you are either a) lying about that; or b) you 'expertise' is limited to say the least. I certainly would not leave any money with you - you seem macroeconomically clueless.
Oh sure, you know your terms and stats...but you seem to have no idea why what is happening is actually happening.
Also, in our previous dealings, you come across as having a VERY thin skin...not something I would want in someone looking after my money.

Now, go on...post a 'Funny' smilie and run off without debating me. After the last time we did and the (IMO) pasting I gave you...I am not surprised. Funny. You claim to run a large investment account. Yet you cannot handle debating with just one nobody on a chat forum.

Have a nice day.
I just don't care. Sorry.

Lol....wrong.

You posted a 'Funny' Smilie on a post of mine above. Impossible for you to not care about someone's POV when you read their posts.

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back