Doper Windbag now a spiritual icon? WTF?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
It seems that Doper Windbag (Oprah Winfrey) has now been elevated to the status of a spiritual icon.
After two decades of searching for her authentic self — exploring New Age theories, giving away cars, trotting out fat, recommending good books and tackling countless issues from serious to frivolous — Oprah Winfrey has risen to a new level of guru.
She's no longer just a successful talk-show host worth $1.4 billion, according to Forbes' most recent estimate. Over the past year, Winfrey, 52, has emerged as a spiritual leader for the new millennium, a moral voice of authority for the nation.

With her television pulpit and the sheer power of her persona, she has encouraged and steered audiences (mostly women) in all matters, from genocide in Rwanda to suburban spouse swapping to finding the absolute best T-shirt and oatmeal cookie.

VOTE: Is Oprah a spiritual leader for the new millenium?

"She's a really hip and materialistic Mother Teresa," says Kathryn Lofton, a professor at Reed College in Portland, Ore., who has written two papers analyzing the religious aspects of Winfrey. "Oprah has emerged as a symbolic figurehead of spirituality."

The divine Miss Winfrey? - USATODAY.com

How the fuck can anyone who is as materialistic as her be even considered to be close to Mother Teresa?

Not even sure how to comment fully on this.

However, even though I'm not RCC (Roman Catholic) I don't think Mother Teresa charged people for anything.

quote from link above

She declined to be interviewed for this story, and she declined to allow USA TODAY to cover her most recent, and now rare, Live Your Best Life seminars. Tickets, priced at $185 each, sold out in minutes.

Oprah Winfrey Show (Parody)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAy08gGxads]YouTube - Oprah Winfrey Show (Parody)[/ame]

"Futurama" Hell Is Other Robots (1999)

[Bender has joined the Church of Robotology]
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: If only he had joined a mainstream religion, like Oprahism, or Voodoo.

Well.........I suppose if Donald the Chump thinks he can be president just because he's got a lot of cash, it's only natural that other rich asses would start trying to see what other top billets are open.

However.............comparing her to Mother Teresa is pure B.S. Mother Teresa spent a whole bunch of time with people who had nothing.

Doper Windbag won't even talk to you for less than 185 bucks/head. It's "spirituality" in the same sense that Scientology is.

WOW!!!!

Compared to Mother Teresa?!

Why stop there? She's the overweight Ghandi?

The Black Budda

The Female Jesus

Granted she's rags to riches. but good lord! MT was sainted.

Hey...........didn't Yeshua (Jesus) state that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter Heaven?

And.........that statement is true actually........the less money you have, the more time you have to think about God.

Hey..........you guys remember that it was Doper Windbag that got the Wasilla Chihuahua turned Momma Gerbil started on her television crap, right?

Wonder if Doper Windbag is gonna choose Momma Gerbil (Palin) for her high priestess?

WOW!!!!

The Black Budda

The Female Jesus

Hey...........didn't Yeshua (Jesus) state that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter Heaven?

And.........that statement is true actually........the less money you have, the more time you have to think about God.

Could be.

I thought it was 'a greedy man and a mule'

I like your last line. If I was rich I wouldn't say anything like a prayer each time I swiped my card to buy groceries.

Hey..........you guys remember that it was Doper Windbag that got the Wasilla Chihuahua turned Momma Gerbil started on her television crap, right?

Wonder if Doper Windbag is gonna choose Momma Gerbil (Palin) for her high priestess?

No, not that I pay much attention.

I do recall her support for big 0 and his social medicine. Like he was the end all be all and it was the cure that ailed us.

course she's one of the uber rich that are untouchable.

Wonder if she even knows about the vows of poverty most spiritual icons take? Matter of fact, it's not just the icons, it's also the monks, priests and nuns in many churches.

Hmm.........maybe Doper Windbag is gonna form a church like Creflo Dollar formed a church, a cash sponge to feed on the poor.

WOW!!!!

The Black Budda

The Female Jesus

Not quite yet.

To the OP: whoever compared OW to MT is a freakin' idiot. Aren't OW's 15 minutes up yet??

Last edited:
WOW!!!!

The Black Budda

The Female Jesus

Not quite yet.

To the OP: whoever compared OW to MT is a freakin' idiot. Aren't OW's 15 minutes up yet??

Unfortunately, no..........she keeps buying more minutes.

Only way you're gonna get that dumb bitch out of the fame zone is to make her poor again.

You mean like to sick the IRS on her??? She is probably Untouchable, above the rules. She is probably why the Golden Child is at the controls right now, driving us into the ditch.

You know.........I'd really like to know what kind of bullshit Doper Windbag is starting with her cult.

Instead of comparing her to Mother Teresa, they ought to be comparing her to someone else.......

I'm thinking more along the lines of someone like Warren Jeffs or David Koresh.

It seems that Doper Windbag (Oprah Winfrey) has now been elevated to the status of a spiritual icon.
After two decades of searching for her authentic self — exploring New Age theories, giving away cars, trotting out fat, recommending good books and tackling countless issues from serious to frivolous — Oprah Winfrey has risen to a new level of guru.
She's no longer just a successful talk-show host worth $1.4 billion, according to Forbes' most recent estimate. Over the past year, Winfrey, 52, has emerged as a spiritual leader for the new millennium, a moral voice of authority for the nation.

With her television pulpit and the sheer power of her persona, she has encouraged and steered audiences (mostly women) in all matters, from genocide in Rwanda to suburban spouse swapping to finding the absolute best T-shirt and oatmeal cookie.

"She's a really hip and materialistic Mother Teresa," says Kathryn Lofton, a professor at Reed College in Portland, Ore., who has written two papers analyzing the religious aspects of Winfrey. "Oprah has emerged as a symbolic figurehead of spirituality."

How the fuck can anyone who is as materialistic as her be even considered to be close to Mother Teresa?

And here I thought you were going to go off on Quantum Windbag. :lol:

whats up your dress sailor ? your petty over a fat woman? or a black woman ?

oh and mother teresa was no saint . she hated the poor .

You mean like to sick the IRS on her??? She is probably Untouchable, above the rules. She is probably why the Golden Child is at the controls right now, driving us into the ditch.

Whenever she talked about him or his ideals, she got this dreamy look on her face and wonder in her voice.

Being one of the ubber rich, she will be one of the haves under obamas change in America.

Forum List

Back