Door blows out during ground test on Boeing 777X jet

Two airplanes crashing out of the millions of flights every year isn't all that significant. You're safer in a commercial airliner than you are in an automobile.
Even if you don't think so, I'm sure the loved ones of those who lost their lives in those two crashes feel otherwise.

Planes crash for a multitude of reasons, we know this, sometimes due to things over which no one has control such as unexpected weather incidents or catastrophic failure of a critical system. But they are not supposed to crash because the aircraft wrested away control from the pilots and deliberately put the plane into a death dive due to a false reading from one of its sensors.

You don't break something that works in order to squeeze a little more profit out of the design and then create a new [flawed] system to compensate for what you broke, yet that is exactly what Boeing did and what makes this whole thing so heinous.

Yes, it is too bad that you have zero evidence for what is obviously your pet theory.

You still did not answer the question. Why would we spend our tax dollars to certify aircraft and then have other countries have to do the same in their countries?
I did indeed answer your question. The aircraft manufacturer and the airlines are not the same entity and the FAA regulates the aircraft manufacturer by requiring it to comply with it's safety directives, irrespective of who purchases the aircraft.

Where the aircraft ultimately ends up is irrelevent. They are all required to be built to the same structural and safety standards. Surely you're not suggesting that aircraft sold to entities outside of the United States don't have to be as well made or safety tested as those sold to our government or airlines?

Guys this is why they test airplanes. So they blow on the ground, not in the air.

Here a small planes wings are being load tested during development.

Wing_Case19_Bags2-cropped.jpg
Can you think of any reason why they where unable to discover the flaw in the MCAS system while it was on the ground?

It was discovered. The engineers said that all pilots should get training on the system but management decided that would be too expensive and nearly 350 died because of that.

Aside from the laughable 2.5 hours of training on an I-pad that Boeing recommended as sufficient training. Because from what I've heard and read about the incidents leading up to the two fatal MAX crashes is that no amount of training can compensate for a faulty sensor that kept the pilots from being able to wrest control away from the MCAS system that kept insisting on putting the plane into a dive while the pilots were attempting a climb-out on take-off.
Hell I have more time than that in a simulator and I'm not even close to being a pilot.

While extensive training could have perhaps had a different result it was a poorly designed system that was created because the decision was made to "Protect Shareholder value".

This is why we have to pay CEO's so much money. Why does he still have his job?

Was he the guy who fitted the door?

He is the guy that created the mess Boeing currently is in.

The OP is about a door that failed during a door test ... that particular mess is probably more related to the door guy.

This is not a story if not for the rest. As noted, there are failures during tests. This is only a story because of the previous failures.

You still did not answer the question. Why would we spend our tax dollars to certify aircraft and then have other countries have to do the same in their countries?
I did indeed answer your question. The aircraft manufacturer and the airlines are not the same entity and the FAA regulates the aircraft manufacturer by requiring it to comply with it's safety directives, irrespective of who purchases the aircraft.

Where the aircraft ultimately ends up is irrelevent. They are all required to be built to the same structural and safety standards. Surely you're not suggesting that aircraft sold to entities outside of the United States don't have to be as well made or safety tested as those sold to our government or airlines?

Did I say that? No.

Forum List

Back