Boeing Just Left the Bolts Off That Caused Door Blowout

I think that's an assumption many Black folks make that is not based in reality.

You know who I want hired?

The best, most qualified applicant.

I don't give a damn what color they are, who they screw at night or even whether their outfit matches their gender.

Do the job, do it right, follow the checklist, don't cut corners, don't get distracted by your phone, don't not give a fuck about the quality of your work, or forget to finish the tasks at hand.
Well somebody fucked up. Repeatedly. Why default to blaming it on a DEI hire when Boeing has been cutting corners at the expensive of safety for at least the last decade. As someone has already pointed out, those decisions are made at the C-Suite level, not by the worker's themselves. However is has been reported that more than one or two workers became alarmed by what they were seeing and being instructed to do (cutting corners, not adhering to safety standards, etc.) and raised issues to management and were retaliated against for doing so. And in some REAL messed up ways. It is alleged that the Boeing worker who supposedly killed himself last weekend told a friend or loved one that if it's ever reported that he committed suicide, not to believe it.

And why do you feel a need to state "You know who I want hired? The best, most qualified applicant". What makes you think that the "best, most qualified applicants" are not being hired?

Forum List

Back