Doobie...

Hope memories of better days sustain you, Shogun.

You know you did your best by Doobie. Sometimes that has to be enough.

My sympathy won't mean much, but you have it for your loss.

Damn it... Sorry to hear this Sho. I know what you're going through. I had the same experience last summer. It sucks. Hang in there.

I had to put my 12 year old yellow lab/beagle to sleep today.

Holy shit this is tough.

I am so sorry for your tremendous loss, Shogun. Most of us can sympathize because we have "been there" and feel the pain of losing a loved one. Only time can help you feel better, as good memories come to the forefront and the ones of today are replaced but never forgotten. Again, I am so very sorry for your loss, of a good or best, friend.

Aw, Shogun, hang in there. Yes, they say that losing an animal you love is just as hard as losing human members of the family.

Only time can help in these matters. And knowing that you are not alone in this particularly poignant grief.

Holy shit this is tough.

I am so sorry for your tremendous loss, Shogun. Most of us can sympathize because we have "been there" and feel the pain of losing a loved one. Only time can help you feel better, as good memories come to the forefront and the ones of today are replaced but never forgotten. Again, I am so very sorry for your loss, of a good or best, friend.

"Only time can help you feel better" Well ya that and maybe PM him a pic from your "private" collection... :lol:

When I lost my Dobie "brutus" 20 years ago I was a mess for a couple of months. Losing your best friend is hard.

So sorry for your loss.

Its a bummer but its the price we pay for having our buds in our lives.

I've gone through the same thing so many times and its always a blow.

Your boy will always be in you heart. Right where he belongs.

Holy shit this is tough.

Dogs' lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy, or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is the way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and for the mistakes we make because of those illusions.

Dean Koontz

Holy shit this is tough.

I am sorry to read that, Sho.

It's hard to lose a loved one, even if that loved one live a full and happy life.

Holy shit this is tough.

Oh, I am so sorry. I lost mine when she was 12 too, a black lab. She had inoperable cancer and I had to put her to sleep. It was the most painful experience of my life. She's been gone now longer than I had her, and I still miss her. This is so tough, I know.

This may or may not be your cup of tea: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back