Don't Try to Tell Me...

That all American public schools are terrible, because it's just not true. There are many, many thousands of students and families from around the world flocking to our shores to attend school in the US - yes, in our public schools as well. Many of these students are from some of the same countries against which the US is so unfavorably compared educationally.

For the life of me, I don't understand the basis for your argument. .....

What "argument" do you imagine that to be?

That all American public schools are terrible, because it's just not true. There are many, many thousands of students and families from around the world flocking to our shores to attend school in the US - yes, in our public schools as well. Many of these students are from some of the same countries against which the US is so unfavorably compared educationally.

the one you presented in the op. dumbass.

I presented information in the OP, pretender.

Public schools take quite a beating...yet consider...in many other parts of the world parents have to PAY for an education. We are so fortunate.

And...consider the public school success'...

15 Fortune 500 CEOs that Attended Public School | PublicSchoolReview.com

Among US Presidents - Eisenhower, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, and Clinton attended public schools. Clinton, I think, was a Rhodes Scholar as well.

Public schools take quite a beating...yet consider...in many other parts of the world parents have to PAY for an education. We are so fortunate.

And...consider the public school success'...

15 Fortune 500 CEOs that Attended Public School | PublicSchoolReview.com

Among US Presidents - Eisenhower, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, and Clinton attended public schools. Clinton, I think, was a Rhodes Scholar as well.

Clinton - the most recent - attended public schools a half century ago.

Don't try to tell you??

American Public Schools stink!

How is that!

Well, it's good that you didn't present an argument that our schools are fine because other people flock here to attend them, because you would lose that argument badly. It's also good that you're not arguing conservatives claim all public schools are terrible because you'd get your ass handed to you on that as well. So you just keep right on "presenting information" as I don't believe you're equipped to actually argue.

I pick YOU don't speak for conservatives.

Well you'd be wrong again. There is no conservative I am aware of who has ever stated that all public schools are terrible or that we don't need or want public education at all. There are conservatives who favor eliminating the DoE at the Federal level but that has nothing to do with ending a public education system.

Now if you want to run put your ass hat back on and chortle about how I can't possibly speak for EVERY conservative... fine... be an ass hat! I think I speak for a fairly large swath of mainstream conservatives. If not, they are welcome to weigh in and correct me. You sure as fuck don't speak for conservatives.

Well, it's good that you didn't present an argument that our schools are fine because other people flock here to attend them, because you would lose that argument badly. It's also good that you're not arguing conservatives claim all public schools are terrible because you'd get your ass handed to you on that as well. So you just keep right on "presenting information" as I don't believe you're equipped to actually argue.

Well you'd be wrong again. There is no conservative I am aware of who has ever stated that all public schools are terrible or that we don't need or want public education at all. There are conservatives who favor eliminating the DoE at the Federal level but that has nothing to do with ending a public education system.

Now if you want to run put your ass hat back on and chortle about how I can't possibly speak for EVERY conservative... fine... be an ass hat! I think I speak for a fairly large swath of mainstream conservatives. If not, they are welcome to weigh in and correct me. You sure as fuck don't speak for conservatives.

I suppose I come closer than you, kid.

Well you'd be wrong again. There is no conservative I am aware of who has ever stated that all public schools are terrible or that we don't need or want public education at all. ...

You haven't been paying attention, or you haven't had an adult read all the posts to you. People say shit like that here all the time.

I suppose I come closer than you, kid.

You're not even in the same ball park.

You haven't been paying attention, or you haven't had an adult read all the posts to you. People say shit like that here all the time.

Yes, I see your long list of examples to prove your claim.... oh, wait... no, I don't!

For the record, I don't profess to know all the crazy shit "people say" here all the time. I am speaking for mainstream conservatives and conservative political leaders. And you can't show me any of those who have articulated that all public schools are terrible or that we should completely end all public education.

We are the most prosperous nation in the world. You can't judge the quality of anything we have on the basis of how desirable it is to those who aren't from the most prosperous country in the world. It's just a totally boneheaded way of looking at anything.

Rinse and repeat.

We are the most prosperous nation in the world. You can't judge the quality of anything we have on the basis of how desirable it is to those who aren't from the most prosperous country in the world. It's just a totally boneheaded way of looking at anything.

Rinse and repeat.

Do you know what forum this is?

Just curious - are you a member of a teachers union?

Read and learn -

Program for International Student Assessment (PISA)-Welcome to PISA 2015 Results
The Condition of Education - Elementary and Secondary Education - Finance - Education Expenditures by Country - Indicator May (2017)

It's not that all American schools are terrible - it's that our education system (K-12) is in trouble, especially middle thru high. We spend near the top internationally per student with mediocre at best results. It's time to bring the US educational system into the 21st century by applying creative and alternate solutions. School choice is part of the solution - charter, magnet, virtual schools (public schools all), vouchers, trade schools, etc. A broad spectrum all of the above approach. Competition on the world stage is fierce, we do our children a disservice by not enabling then to reach their full potential. More classroom time, discipline - both enhance the leaning environment. Denying a problem exists denies our children the tools they are going to need to be successful.

Forum List

Back