Don't let them marry, don't let them get divorced

Hey stupid! What if someone wanted to live their life molesting little children, robbing liquor stores or selling drugs to school children, should that be allowed?

So a relationship between two adults =robbery, molesting children and selling drugs to minors. :cuckoo:

No it equals people just living their lives as if anything can go and where laws can be overlooked. Which is exactly what that dumbass silkcity suggests.

Your hillbilly, shit kicking twang even come through in your posts dumbass.

Who is stopping people from living their lives? They were absolutely free to do whatever they wanted. But they insisted that the government needs to recognize them as special. and now they are unhappy that it's the government, and not them who controls their relationship.

Biggest bunch of hypocrites ever.

I dont see how being equal and allowed to enter into a legal contract afforded to heterosexual couples is in anyway them trying to make the government recognize them as special.

IMHO it's semantics ,"gay rights" ... no such thing, there are only rights, adding the word "gay" to it sounds inherently like someone is looking for some special set of rights that everyone else doesn't enjoy. "Gay marriage", it's the word "marriage" that sticks in peoples craw, since the majority appear to define "marriage" as a union between a man and a woman and are attached to the tradition and symbolism that make it so, just change the verbiage to "civil union" or some other phrase that doesn't include the word marriage and I suspect the vast majority don't have a problem with it.

There were no "black" rights either, once upon a time.

Good post Barry but not the same thing. Excellent example of how the religous kooks tried to run the country with Amendment 18 but not the same.
Prohibition was different then than now. 18 was a radical, and failed, experiment challenging a custom, the making of alcohol, as old as civilization itself. Its predictable failure, a gross insult to individual rights, the impossibility of enforcement and the spawning of organized crime all came to an end when the 21st Amendment was ratified.
Gay marriage was never part of our customs. With Amendment 18 NO ONE was allowed to transport alcohol. Gay marriage is an equal protection under the law argument.
Totally different on all counts MIPS. It stands,1 st time ever ONE SINGLE GROUP is singled out.
It used to be the GOP was the party of freedom. That was part of their brand.
If the GOP kooks of the right wing religous type continue to be the party of prohibition IN ANY FORM they will continue to alienate us true lovers of liberty and the next generation of true conservatives.

Good post Barry but not the same thing. Excellent example of how the religous kooks tried to run the country with Amendment 18 but not the same.
Prohibition was different then than now. 18 was a radical, and failed, experiment challenging a custom, the making of alcohol, as old as civilization itself. Its predictable failure, a gross insult to individual rights, the impossibility of enforcement and the spawning of organized crime all came to an end when the 21st Amendment was ratified.
Gay marriage was never part of our customs. With Amendment 18 NO ONE was allowed to transport alcohol. Gay marriage is an equal protection under the law argument.
Totally different on all counts MIPS. It stands,1 st time ever ONE SINGLE GROUP is singled out.
If the GOP kooks of the right wing religous type continue to be the party of prohibition IN ANY FORM they will continue to alienate us true lovers of liberty and the next generation of true conservatives.

Agreed :clap2:

cartoon.gif

I dont see how being equal and allowed to enter into a legal contract afforded to heterosexual couples is in anyway them trying to make the government recognize them as special.

IMHO it's semantics ,"gay rights" ... no such thing, there are only rights, adding the word "gay" to it sounds inherently like someone is looking for some special set of rights that everyone else doesn't enjoy. "Gay marriage", it's the word "marriage" that sticks in peoples craw, since the majority appear to define "marriage" as a union between a man and a woman and are attached to the tradition and symbolism that make it so, just change the verbiage to "civil union" or some other phrase that doesn't include the word marriage and I suspect the vast majority don't have a problem with it.

There were no "black" rights either, once upon a time.

You mean to say that African-Americans were not afforded all of their CIVIL rights once upon time, which in turn formed a major component of the CIVIL rights movement of the 1960's-70's, don't you?

Hey stupid! What if someone wanted to live their life molesting little children, robbing liquor stores or selling drugs to school children, should that be allowed?

So a relationship between two adults =robbery, molesting children and selling drugs to minors. :cuckoo:

No it equals people just living their lives as if anything can go and where laws can be overlooked. Which is exactly what that dumbass silkcity suggests.

Steal, murdering, molesting, and raping are crimes with victims that violate the right's of the victims. How does two homosexuals f-ing up their own lives and getting married for God knows what reason take away anyone's rights or victimize anyone? You can't compare the government forcing itself into people's personal lives and the government prosecuting people for commiting crimes against others. That's absolutely rediculous. Of course I don't put anything past so-called "conservatives" these days. Damn hypocrites.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Steal, murdering, molesting, and raping are crimes with victims that violate the right's of the victims. How does two homosexuals f-ing up their own lives and getting married for God knows what reason take away anyone's rights or victimize anyone? You can't compare the government forcing itself into people's personal lives and the government prosecuting people for commiting crimes against others. That's absolutely rediculous. Of course I don't put anything past so-called "conservatives" these days. Damn hypocrites.

Hey don't get mad at me because you can't enter into a homosexiual marriage in Texas. My suggestion is for you to move.

Hey don't get mad at me because you can't enter into a homosexiual marriage in Texas. My suggestion is for you to move.

1. Not gay.
2. Don't and never have lived in Texas.

:lol: Try again.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

1. Not gay.
2. Don't and never have lived in Texas.

:lol: Try again.

Sure.

gays have the same right to marriage and divorce as any other citizen. that is they can marry and divorce any member of the oppisite sex.

What constitutional authority do you base that on? Please cite the style of the case, case number and jurisdiction it was decided in.

Forum List

Back