Donald Trump’s Tariffs Proposal Faces Pushback From Republicans

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
What will herr Cheetos fuhrer do?

Trump repeated on Sunday morning a campaign promise to set a 35% tax on businesses that leave the country—leaving many Republicans on Capitol Hill to respond the next day with guffaws, grimaces and nervous hedging. ( even his own party is laughting at the cheetos
buffoon)

“I do not want a trade war. I do not believe in a trade war. I do not think trade wars are healthy. I think history has shown that trade wars are not healthy,” said House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.

Some of these things do have to face a harsh reality but you have to be very careful if you’re going to add costly tariffs,” said Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, who endorsed Trump in May. “We’re all going back to the ‘30s when they started playing around with this and that and caused a lot of trouble.”

Republican Sen. John McCain, when asked whether he would support a 35% tariff, scoffed and and answered emphatically. “No!” he said.

Trump Faces Pushback From GOP Congress on Tariffs

Why don't you learn to write "GOP" ??

It takes a lot less typing than spelling out the word.

We,still have quite a,few,GOP'ers to deal with but we have it under control....

Good luck with the collapse of your democrat party....it's hilarious....

How embarrassing. Trump promised something so kooky that even Republican won't embrace it.

How embarrassing. Trump promised something so kooky that even Republican won't embrace it.
None of the GOP'ers embraced Trump.....we kicked them to the curb.....
Lots of GOPers embraced Trump.
Not many at all did....you really need to pay attention.....

No you didn't. Almost every one of them was reelected. :lol:

Jeb!!

What will herr Cheetos fuhrer do?

Trump repeated on Sunday morning a campaign promise to set a 35% tax on businesses that leave the country—leaving many Republicans on Capitol Hill to respond the next day with guffaws, grimaces and nervous hedging. ( even his own party is laughting at the cheetos
buffoon)

“I do not want a trade war. I do not believe in a trade war. I do not think trade wars are healthy. I think history has shown that trade wars are not healthy,” said House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.

Some of these things do have to face a harsh reality but you have to be very careful if you’re going to add costly tariffs,” said Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, who endorsed Trump in May. “We’re all going back to the ‘30s when they started playing around with this and that and caused a lot of trouble.”

Republican Sen. John McCain, when asked whether he would support a 35% tariff, scoffed and and answered emphatically. “No!” he said.

Trump Faces Pushback From GOP Congress on Tariffs
Why did I think you HATED Republicans?

Jeb!!

I didn't know Jeb was up for reelection. In fact the last person to replace him was Charlie Crist, and he's a Democrat now and won his Congressional race this year. You suck at this "kicking to the curb" thing.

If somebody has a better idea how to keep foreign companies from using near slave labor to undercut American companies in our own marketplaces they need to trot it out. Until then Trump's plan has my support.

Jeb!!

I didn't know Jeb was up for reelection. In fact the last person to replace him was Charlie Crist, and he's a Democrat now and won his Congressional race this year. You suck at this "kicking to the curb" thing.
You really need to pay better attention if you wish to play.....

Jeb!!

I don't see any new players stepping up to the plate. You got Trump, and that's it. You nominated a liberal to replace a liberal, and you're taking victory laps about it. :lol:

If somebody has a better idea how to keep foreign companies from using near slave labor to undercut American companies in our own marketplaces they need to trot it out. Until then Trump's plan has my support.

Actually that what TPP was for. TPP originally designed to give preferential trade agreements to countries who would increase their working conditions and environmental concerns. This would in time turn them into consumers thus increasing a market US could export to.

With Malaysia, Mexico and Vietnam on board the US could have the low wage countries moving up a tier while decreasing China and India by keeping them on the outside...

TPP in inception is a base conservative idea, it was to create market conditions which were fair for member countries to compete at.

Perfect, No. But was a far better idea...

Jeb!!

I don't see any new players stepping up to the plate. You got Trump, and that's it. You nominated a liberal to replace a liberal, and you're taking victory laps about it. :lol:
Like I said....you look foolish.....

I do.

It's called educating the work force to a higher level and then having high tech, well paying jobs.

Right now the Right want to have low paid jobs but with higher pay that they're never going to be able to compete with. Either the US charges too much for products, which hurts the economy, or the govt pays the workers to work for private companies which is ridiculous.

Actually that what TPP was for. TPP originally designed to give preferential trade agreements to countries who would increase their working conditions and environmental concerns. This would in time turn them into consumers thus increasing a market US could export to.

With Malaysia, Mexico and Vietnam on board the US could have the low wage countries moving up a tier while decreasing China and India by keeping them on the outside...

TPP in inception is a base conservative idea, it was to create market conditions which were fair for member countries to compete at.

Perfect, No. But was a far better idea...
TPP was crafted by the same democrat fools who created Obamacare.....:lol:

No matter, it's dead.....

Forum List

Back